New Reply
Subscribe
sONIC_jUNKIE
5th September 2009
Old 5th September 2009
Gear nut

Mbox and converter

Hi,
In connection with my previous thread about PT LE and Profire ,id like to ask about another option.

So there was a suggestion that I could use some external ADDA converter to mbox2 ,but with better conversion than the profires.
What is the external ADDA converter option if I dont mind to pay a bit more, but with noticeable better sound than the 2626 ?

thank you,

sj
5th September 2009
Old 5th September 2009
Gear nut

hi! i've been putting together a similar setup. getting an external ad/da converter is a great idea, but we need to remember that the recording is still only going to be as good as your weakest link! in my particular situation, my monitor setup is the weakest link. i could buy the best converters in the world, and wouldnt be able to tell the difference. at the moment, ad/da is not on the top of my priority list!

but i also don't know what your setup is (other than the profire). you might be ready for that step!

in anycase i've been eyeing api's newest piece - the a2d. its a set of their preamps in combination with ad/da conversion! and its actually reasonably priced (for api stuff)!

i've got to jet to work now, but i'm interested to see what other recommendations pop up~

- nate
sONIC_jUNKIE
5th September 2009
Old 5th September 2009
Gear nut

Hi,
thanks ,Ive got Genelec 8035,theyre ok ..

the api stuff is great,but still a little bit out of my price range.

any other idea for external ADDA sounding better than profire 2626 ?

thank you,

sj
5th September 2009
Old 5th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorrowstops View Post
in anycase i've been eyeing api's newest piece - the a2d. its a set of their preamps in combination with ad/da conversion! and its actually reasonably priced (for api stuff)!
Actually the A2D is AD only.
5th September 2009
Old 5th September 2009
Gear addict

I think you can pick up a pair of lucid's (9624AD/DA) for about 800 used. Or for a lot less a RME ADI-2. Or if your budget allows it a Apogee Rosetta 200. Or maybe the DA/AD10 stuff from Lavry. Or the Mytek 2496 stuff.

I think those are your best bets.

But i thought that the Profire had already decent conversion (not like the MBOX) so i don't know if a RME ADI-2 would be a significant improvement.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search