New Reply
Subscribe
pyelagin
10th July 2009
Old 10th July 2009
Lives for gear

TC Electroics d-two

Hi Everyone,

I'm sort of looking into hardware dedicated delay for not too much money... Particually interested in advance ping-pong, multitap where I can create patterns and possibilty of gating taps would be nice too... Means that you could choose for example which 8th notes of the 4 beat patern will be sent to delay and rest left alone... That sort of thing... I have Lexicon 400 latest box and looked into Eventides but those are a bit too pricy... Right now I'm using the Yamaha 01v96 inbuild multitap and it's not detailed at all... So I found way out by MIDing the send input to it so I can gate it that way...

So I've found the TCElectronics D-two... Is this one any good? Anyone had experinece with it before?

Thanks,
Peter
10th July 2009
Old 10th July 2009
Gear addict

In the live audio world, d2's are THE delay.. near every rider specs one..

If you want features and ease of use.. they're a great choice..

I havent really compared them directly to anything, but sound quality wise I've never gone wow with them.. but also never hated it..
10th July 2009
Old 10th July 2009
Gear addict

i have a D-TWO and i think its brilliant. very simple but tweakable and always sounds great. especially good features are the 'ducking' which sets a threshold on when it delays, and my favourite is setting the precise amount of repeats - so you could have 10 repeats at full level, for example. good for electronic music imo.
11th July 2009
Old 11th July 2009
Lives for gear

Another good unit to get for killer delay lines is the old Ensoniq DP/4. Very versital and sounds great.
11th July 2009
Old 11th July 2009
Gear addict

p.s. the D-TWO does tapping of custom patterns, although i've not investigated this much. you can get the manual off the tc electronic site to read further.

i also have an eventide DSP7000 which is pretty amazing, so if you could pick one of those up second hand it might be worth spending the extra. however, for quick and easy delay i always reach for the D-TWO first.

also if you really want to go into that sort programable tap thing maybe you could still consider going the software route? don't know what DAW you have but logic's designer delay is very good, and also the cheap (but i think excellent) delay plugin from audio damage - extremely customisable:

Audio Damage :: Ricochet
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search