New Reply
Subscribe
kategra84
8th July 2009
Old 8th July 2009
Gear interested

best AD convertor under 100 $ ?

Hi,
I currently have an Audigy 2 sound card, recording rap with Studio Projects C1 mic + DIY THAT1510 mic pre (runs on batteryes)

i would like to upgrade to a better AD covertor but budget is max 100 $ .
I could get an used Audiophile 192 for 120 $ .

The question is should i even bother for upgrading my soundcard if the budget is so low? I don't want to spend 100 $ on a soundcard if it's only 3% better at recording ...
8th July 2009
Old 8th July 2009
Gear maniac

Get an ART Project Series USB tube preamp. $100. It sounds good and gives you some adjustability. High Pass filter and input and output.
It will sound better than your Audigy. You don't have to load any software. Just plug and record.

It's competitive with some other much more expensive gear I have. I use it to record on the road with a shotgun mic into my laptop. For voice it works better than it should for $100.
8th July 2009
Old 8th July 2009
Lives for gear

Back around 2001 I upgraded from an audigy to an echo mia and found the different in quality of capture and headroom to be heads above the audigy.

the m-audio stuff is a step up though too, although there seems to be a little more headroom with the echo stuff in the $100-$150 price range but you wouldn't be unhappy with an audiophile 192. IME/O it's a big step up.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search