These are a few rough mixes from the next album...
I just created this player and page specifically for this post - haha The Silence Kit
I'm definitely no pro
and this is definitely a low-end set up but it does the trick really well for me. I just like recording my band b/c I like being able to spend a lot more time on my recordings to get something closer to what I want. Plus recording in general is fun to me so I get to record my friends' bands which is a good time...
EMU 1212m (with: MIDI, ADAT and S/PDIF i/o)
MOTU 8 Pre - drum tracking
ART Digital MPA - tracking pretty much everything else
(1) AKG c2000b - room on most songs
(1) AKG d112 - kick
(2) Audio Technica AT4040 - overheads
(1) Oktava MK-319 - room on a couple songs, backing vocals
(2) Sennheiser MD421 - rack toms, electric guitar
(1) Shure Beta 57A snare (side or top)
(2) Shure sm57 - snare (side or bottom)
(3) Shure sm58 - high hat
(1) Shure sm7 - floor tom, lead vocals, bass cabinet