Quick advice on vocal mics please
osci
21st April 2005
Old 21st April 2005
Gear nut

Quick advice on vocal mics please

I have a sesion tonight and it looks like my vocal mic has died. It is a MXL 2001 I have been very happy with it but I am wondering if there is another brand or model kicking around that stands out for around 200 bucks. I know it is not alot of cash but people comented on the quality of the MXL should i just stick with the same thing or am I in the dark?

Thanks for any advice.
21st April 2005
Old 21st April 2005
Gear addict

I don't have any idea what kind of dealers you have around you, and since you need it tonight, it depends on their inventory and price, but I would imagine if you have something around it is a good chance they are an Audio Technica dealer.

Since you need it tonight and can't buy used, etc. it may be a little more than you wanted to spend, but I would definitely see if you could check out an Audio Technica AT4040.

Judging from the reviews of others on the 2001, I would say you are in for a treat if you can swing the $250-$300 that the 4040 will cost in a store.
22nd April 2005
Old 22nd April 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRip
I don't have any idea what kind of dealers you have around you, and since you need it tonight, it depends on their inventory and price, but I would imagine if you have something around it is a good chance they are an Audio Technica dealer.

Since you need it tonight and can't buy used, etc. it may be a little more than you wanted to spend, but I would definitely see if you could check out an Audio Technica AT4040.

Judging from the reviews of others on the 2001, I would say you are in for a treat if you can swing the $250-$300 that the 4040 will cost in a store.
I love my Studio Projects C3. I think the C1 is similar and priced right where you want to be.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search