Quick advice on vocal mics please
New Reply
Subscribe
osci
21st April 2005
Old 21st April 2005
Gear nut

Quick advice on vocal mics please

I have a sesion tonight and it looks like my vocal mic has died. It is a MXL 2001 I have been very happy with it but I am wondering if there is another brand or model kicking around that stands out for around 200 bucks. I know it is not alot of cash but people comented on the quality of the MXL should i just stick with the same thing or am I in the dark?

Thanks for any advice.
21st April 2005
Old 21st April 2005
Gear addict

I don't have any idea what kind of dealers you have around you, and since you need it tonight, it depends on their inventory and price, but I would imagine if you have something around it is a good chance they are an Audio Technica dealer.

Since you need it tonight and can't buy used, etc. it may be a little more than you wanted to spend, but I would definitely see if you could check out an Audio Technica AT4040.

Judging from the reviews of others on the 2001, I would say you are in for a treat if you can swing the $250-$300 that the 4040 will cost in a store.
22nd April 2005
Old 22nd April 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRip
I don't have any idea what kind of dealers you have around you, and since you need it tonight, it depends on their inventory and price, but I would imagine if you have something around it is a good chance they are an Audio Technica dealer.

Since you need it tonight and can't buy used, etc. it may be a little more than you wanted to spend, but I would definitely see if you could check out an Audio Technica AT4040.

Judging from the reviews of others on the 2001, I would say you are in for a treat if you can swing the $250-$300 that the 4040 will cost in a store.
I love my Studio Projects C3. I think the C1 is similar and priced right where you want to be.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search