New Reply
Subscribe
Sean Sullivan
28th July 2007
Old 28th July 2007
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

LiquidMix with Digi 002R and MacBook

I'm considering the LiquidMix but I was wondering how to connect it to. I currently run my 002R directly into the MacBook firewire port, but where would I connect the LiquidMix since the MacBook only has one firewire port? I going need to get an external hard-drive, how does that connection work (I just started using the MacBook after using a PC Desktop for a year). Please clarify this for me!
24th December 2007
Old 24th December 2007
Gear nut

did you ever get an answer to this? If you bought a LM and use it with your 002r and a macbook how did you connect it? if you daisy chained it off the 002r how does it run?
27th September 2009
Old 27th September 2009
Gear Head

just curious if anyone has had similar experience with the liquidmix and a soundcard (whether digi 002 or other) on a macbook or macbook Pro.

I have a an aging powerpc g5 and I don't think I'll be able to get another mac pro, so mac book might be the only way to move to logic 9.
HNOE london, grab US, black vinyl london, kolour recordings detroit, greenhouse soul)
27th September 2009
Old 27th September 2009
Lives for gear

I doubt anything daisy-chained to a LM will run nicely. The unit or the mac aren't to blame, but since the interface and the LM both use FW 400, the amount of data running through a single connection exceeds the bandwidth of the Firewire bus. Could work with a few instances, but I'd suppose you would reach the limit pretty fast.

(Click on the sig pic to listen to Mud & Grace or go to www.napoleonwashington.com)
28th September 2009
Old 28th September 2009
Gear addict

I have a 003 connected to a PCI firewire port on my PC - I have a spare firewire slot on the PCI card and wondering if anyone has managed to run a Liquid Mix (or liquid mix 16) + 003/002 off the same firewire card?!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search