Login / Register

Anyone know any other music supply sites you can make payment plans?
New Reply
Subscribe
HOAS
28th June 2007
Old 28th June 2007
Gear maniac

Anyone know any other music supply sites you can make payment plans?

like american musical because they don't do credit check ...So they'll break payments into 3 or 5 so its more affordable. Only beef i have with the site some things i've been wanting to purchase they don't have. The gear is very limited. No RNC's, Or some other low end dope dual preamps i can sweep up for little money that's within my budget. So anyone know of anysite for the US that will do the same service as american musical?
28th June 2007
Old 28th June 2007
Gear interested

if you need payment plans without credit checks then they're definitely not within your budget
28th June 2007
Old 28th June 2007
Gear maniac

sorry to agree with above, but that's what i was thinking the whole time...

epically if you're lookin' for an RNC on the cheap. make weekly payments to yourself for a month or two.

but if you're hell bent on borrowing money you don't have, i suggest gooin' to the nearest low income neighborhood and get a quick easy fix at one of the many pay-day-loan places....they don't do credit checks AND will give anyone a small loan for just 500% interest and will keep on giving you money until they take all of your income

join the revolution Audio CD Special With Free Book

www.printertainment.com promotional print and duplication
28th June 2007
Old 28th June 2007
Lives for gear

Yeah I don't know of any other place that splits payments up like that. I bought my Event TR8's there a few years back and it worked out really well. Only had to pay 166 for 3 months and they were mine. Pretty good deal if ya ask me.
28th June 2007
Old 28th June 2007
Gear interested

We offer 6 months same as cash with no payments but its through GE Money via NAMM and yes they check your credit.

We don't sell the RNC product at this time though.
HOAS
29th June 2007
Old 29th June 2007
Gear maniac

Quote:
Yeah I don't know of any other place that splits payments up like that. I bought my Event TR8's there a few years back and it worked out really well. Only had to pay 166 for 3 months and they were mine. Pretty good deal if ya ask me.
yea basically wut he just said breaking a payment down of 166 for 3 months some are 5 payments that are in the 3,000 or better. And they go through your debit card. You gotta bank they gonna get they money lol. But as far as going and checking ya credit or needing a major credit card no. Just a debit that has a visa/mastercard wuteva and make the payments that splits it as mention in the quote. That's what i'm lookin for because american musical the only site i found for poor musicians myself dreams come true to get they gear and pay for it at the budget that makes both happy. and with 4 of us in our camp puttin in money racking in bout 640 per month to pay for gear, this be the fastest and easy way to obtain most of the gear we would want. So anyone knows of anthing?

wait a minute tho american musical do supply the distressor "scratches chin". And i guess i can get by with a UA 610 solo and a AT 4050 and try to wait and save to get that sebraton VMP that someone mention for my synths and drum machine.
17th April 2013
Old 17th April 2013
Gear interested

try zzsounds.com. no credit checks and some gear they may give you 8 pmts to pay it off. they have a bit more gear to choose from than american musical imo. hope this helps
17th April 2013
Old 17th April 2013
Gear addict

Mate, I ain't being funny but music, for most people, is a hobby.

Don't buy anything until you have the cash in front of you. You don't need ANY musical equipment badly enough to go getting yourself into a payment scheme that you may not be able to afford in 3 months time.

Seriously, wait until you can see it in the bank and only once you are sure that it is spare and you will not be needing it for bills or rent or whatever, can you spend it on fun things.
17th April 2013
Old 17th April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadooda View Post
try zzsounds.com. no credit checks and some gear they may give you 8 pmts to pay it off. they have a bit more gear to choose from than american musical imo. hope this helps
Zsounds does run credit checks. I've bought a few things on their plan and they definitely check.

I would say if your credit is unable to pass a check it is possibly a sign....
27 inch screen
Apollo Twin Duo
Pro Tools 10.3 & PT 11.1.2
Too many plug ins!

i7 quad core 3.48GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate
12 gigs RAM
dual 24" monitors
Samplitude Pro X Suites PT 11 Studio One V2
Lotsa amps...old guitar player ya know.

Hobbyist
Please take a listen to My Tunes
17th April 2013
Old 17th April 2013
Gear nut

For goodness sake, just save the money. Debt is sometimes necessary in life - ie, buying a home or business. You don’t need to get in debt and pay interest on an RNC!

Save $100 a week by not eating out, smoking or drinking beer, and in just 5 weeks, you’ll have $500. I like to save in cash - physically going to an ATM, getting out $100 when I can and putting it in a hiding place. It must be psychological, but I like seeing that pile grow
RTR
17th April 2013
Old 17th April 2013
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc_live View Post
Mate, I ain't being funny but music, for most people, is a hobby.

Don't buy anything until you have the cash in front of you. You don't need ANY musical equipment badly enough to go getting yourself into a payment scheme that you may not be able to afford in 3 months time.

Seriously, wait until you can see it in the bank and only once you are sure that it is spare and you will not be needing it for bills or rent or whatever, can you spend it on fun things.
BUll SH#t...I have most of my gear from payment plans, I am not good at sticking m oney in a cookie jar and saving, that dont mean I cant afford it. I am now on my 3rd payment out of 5 for my brand new Gretsch Catalina Maple drum kit..I love AM's payment plan, and I can afford it!

And for all the "Debt is bad" people...with a plan like American musicals you are not in debt, its not like they will let you rack up 20 grand worth of debt...they WONT! if you cant afford 100-200 bucks a month then just dont do it. But they will not allow you to make payments on something that will send you to bankruptcy

To answer the question of the OP, NO..there is no other place with AM's payment plan...I have wanted things they dont have to, but I am grateful for the things that they do have that I wanted. They have good CS also...I bought an Ampeg SVT classic on payment plan and it had a problem after 2 months and they took it right back, but first they sent me new tubes to try first with NO CHARGE! So for people that suck at saving like I do, but CAN AFFORD the payments, A.M. is great!
17th April 2013
Old 17th April 2013
Gear nut

I would just wait and save money until I can afford the stuff. I don't like payment plans because you'll never know what could happen the next week/month.
17th April 2013
Old 17th April 2013
Lives for gear

For folks that plan on buying, these 12 & 8 month payment plans are smart money....because there is no interest and you negotiate the best price first. So if you can afford what you're buying (duuuuuuhhh) this is a sweet way to do it.

American Musical
ZSounds
sweetwater. All have versions of this interest free payment schedule.
17th April 2013
Old 17th April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmanning View Post
if you need payment plans without credit checks then they're definitely not within your budget
Totally disagree.

I think there's a stigma about the fundamentals of this statement.

Me personally... I wa laid off from my job back in 2008. I had perfect credit at the time, fresh out of college, credits were perfect, could get any loan I needed. After losing my job... couldn't keep up with everything I was paying monthly and eventually got put in a hole I couldn't dig out of. Credit has been jacked since.

Fast forward.... as of 2 years ago I landed the job I wanted and I am currently making more money than I ever have in my life. However... the damage has been done to the credit score.

At the moment, my lump sums of cash go directly towards paying off prior debts (in addition to maintaining a current suitable living with a wife and a child). I can't afford a large lump sum payment to get the gear I really want & need in my studio... even though I clearly make enough money to buy what I want, when I want... and if it weren't for my debt situation, taking out a new loan with GE Money wouldn't be a problem.

So... companies like American Musical allow honest people like me who either made mistakes or were forced into a tough financial situation to still be able to purchase quality gear.

I think your comment and the people who agreed w/ you is a very ignorant and pompous point of view to take.
17th April 2013
Old 17th April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam c View Post
I would say if your credit is unable to pass a check it is possibly a sign....
A sign of what? That you shouldn't be doing music? A sign that you should be focusing elsewhere in life? A sign of irresponsibility? Immaturity? A sign of what?

People in tough financial situations shouldn't be creating music as a hobby? They shouldn't be able to enjoy working on good gear, and have to refer to producing with garbage?

People in this thread need to stop pretending like you know someone's situation. You don't know why someone's credit is jacked. And even if you do know why.... it doesn't give you room to cast judgement on what they should & shouldn't be persuing.

also... for the record, I totally agree you shouldn't be buying an RNC on payment plans. That's just a little too much lol. But big ticket items like a $500 preamp, $1000 interface.... things of that nature are payment plan worthy. What's an RNC cost like $150? You probably won't even find anyone willing to split $150 into multiple payments, it's not worth it. $150 is not a lot of money in this day and age where a visit to the grocery store just buying the essentials will run you $150
17th April 2013
Old 17th April 2013
serious amateur

Welcome to the financial advice forum. The poster asked who offers a payment plan, not for advice on whether or not he should use one.
17th April 2013
Old 17th April 2013
Lives for gear

I hate to jump in here and probably shouldn't write this but I know the OP and I bet 90% of you couldn't handle the amount of hours this cat worked at the time he posted this. Just want to say he works his ass off so never judge a person's situation. Now he doesn't have to ask these types of questions. Just saying...don't stereotype.
17th April 2013
Old 17th April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix View Post
A sign of what? That you shouldn't be doing music? A sign that you should be focusing elsewhere in life? A sign of irresponsibility? Immaturity? A sign of what?

People in tough financial situations shouldn't be creating music as a hobby? They shouldn't be able to enjoy working on good gear, and have to refer to producing with garbage?

People in this thread need to stop pretending like you know someone's situation. You don't know why someone's credit is jacked. And even if you do know why.... it doesn't give you room to cast judgement on what they should & shouldn't be persuing.

also... for the record, I totally agree you shouldn't be buying an RNC on payment plans. That's just a little too much lol. But big ticket items like a $500 preamp, $1000 interface.... things of that nature are payment plan worthy. What's an RNC cost like $150? You probably won't even find anyone willing to split $150 into multiple payments, it's not worth it. $150 is not a lot of money in this day and age where a visit to the grocery store just buying the essentials will run you $150
Don't get weird about it. If your credit cannot stand up to a credit check the something it means is you should not be trying to buy on credit. No mystery, nothing esoteric and certainly should not lead in the direction you are trying to take it.
17th April 2013
Old 17th April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam c View Post
If your credit cannot stand up to a credit check the something it means is you should not be trying to buy on credit. No mystery, nothing esoteric and certainly should not lead in the direction you are trying to take it.
and i'm disagreeing.. in my humble opinion.

Failing/passing a credit check in my eyes has nothing to do with if someone should/ should not be purchasing said product. They're two totally different, unrelated concepts.

He's not trying to buy on credit.. he's trying to have the payments spread out. There's a small difference.

All he asked for was sites they spread out the payments with no interest... but somehow the thread gets responded to with pompous opinions about if he should/should not be purchasing equipment.
17th April 2013
Old 17th April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
and i'm disagreeing.. in my humble opinion.

Failing/passing a credit check in my eyes has nothing to do with if someone should/ should not be purchasing said product. They're two totally different, unrelated concepts.

He's not trying to buy on credit.. he's trying to have the payments spread out. There's a small difference.

All he asked for was sites they spread out the payments with no interest... but somehow the thread gets responded to with pompous opinions about if he should/should not be purchasing equipment.
If you are buying without paying in full, and product is delivered, it is a credit purchase.

I never indicated he should or should not purchase. I am only saying that credit purchases, understandably, require credit checks.

I am actually in favor of these terms, as I indicate in prior threads.

Whatever you are pissed about has nothing to do with me or my post...or should have nothing to do with me or my post.
17th April 2013
Old 17th April 2013
Lives for gear

????

"If your credit cannot stand up to a credit check the something it means is you should not be trying to buy on credit." - you

I'm just saying I disagree and why.

The comments that pissed me off were:
"I would say if your credit is unable to pass a check it is possibly a sign.... " - you

and..

"if you need payment plans without credit checks then they're definitely not within your budget" - someone else.

They come off pompous to me. Pompous attitudes piss me off
18th April 2013
Old 18th April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
????

"If your credit cannot stand up to a credit check the something it means is you should not be trying to buy on credit." - you

I'm just saying I disagree and why.

The comments that pissed me off were:
"I would say if your credit is unable to pass a check it is possibly a sign.... " - you

and..

"if you need payment plans without credit checks then they're definitely not within your budget" - someone else.

They come off pompous to me. Pompous attitudes piss me off
So you are pissed off by two factual replies. Why are statements of fact pompous to you?

Actually, it is not important.
18th April 2013
Old 18th April 2013
Lives for gear

Doubled....

Last edited by sam c; 18th April 2013 at 12:22 AM.. Reason: Double post.
18th April 2013
Old 18th April 2013
Lives for gear

Opinions. I'm done, we've already butchered the thread at this point.

Sent from my SGH-T999
18th April 2013
Old 18th April 2013
Gear maniac

Hold up here; let me see if I understand this correctly.

dadooda necro-bumps a thread from 6 years ago, and then CPhoenix and sam c use the cadaver of a thread as a vehicle to argue the merits of good credit as it pertains to purchasing gear. This has me a bit confused:

Is this Gearslutz or Dramaslutz?
19th April 2013
Old 19th April 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtan View Post
Hold up here; let me see if I understand this correctly.

dadooda necro-bumps a thread from 6 years ago, and then CPhoenix and sam c use the cadaver of a thread as a vehicle to argue the merits of good credit as it pertains to purchasing gear. This has me a bit confused:

Is this Gearslutz or Dramaslutz?
LMAO this has to be one of the funniest threads I have ever read on here, I mean was it realized that the original post was from 2006?
Digidesign Digi003 rack | Yamaha HS50M | Apple Mac Mini 2.3Ghz i7 16Gb of ram| 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard Wine Red | 2013 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II Champagne | 2013 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II Vintage Burst | Warmoth Custom Ash Strat | Mesa Boogie DC-10 Head | Peavy Classic 50 with Furman PQ4 | Mesa Boogie Standard 4X12 Vintage 30's | Marshall Standard 4X12 Vintage 30's | Ensoniq ASR-10
19th April 2013
Old 19th April 2013
Gear maniac

I think everyone missed it, pwrmac7600, which only makes it funnier. No offence intended, of course, but the thread has been a bit amusing.
2 Weeks Ago
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Gear interested

You know I know this is an old thread, but I kind of just stumbled across it and it really irritated me. I know a lot of people will have stupid things to say and many wont even care, but personally I don't care. I need to vent this because it seems this happens in many forums. HOAS asked a question and simply put it was does anyone know of another site that does the ez payment plan with no credit check like American musical. Instead of people giving an informed answer to the question. You people decide to tell this person about their financial situation and what they can and can not afford. Personally that is none of your business and its outright disrespectful to try and give this person financial advise when you don't know them and even more don't know their situation. Telling this person if they cant pay cash for the item then they don't need. Do you realize that the USA was built on some form of credit and we would not be a country without it. I mean seriously people. Im not sure if you are so insecure that it makes you feel better as the pathetic person you are to rain on someone else's parade, or maybe you just have no life and are depressed so you decided to drag someone else down with you. FIY people, just because you opt to finance or make some sort of payments on something doesn't mean you cant afford. Are you saying I shouldn't have purchased my home because I had to get a loan and make a mortgage. If that was the case there would be almost no real-estate market. You ever stop and think just maybe this person can absolutely afford the item, they just don't feel comfortable putting out that much money on one item at one time and would prefer to make payments, or just maybe they want something and they don't have all of the money at that moment, but can absolutely afford to pay over time. There is nothing wrong with wanting something and making payments on it as long as you don't over extend yourself with those payments. Hell with zzsounds and AMS 90 day return policy you opt to make payments that way if you don't like an item you send it back and instead of waiting 7 days to get your 600 bucks back you are only waiting for 150 for that initial down payment. For god sakes people stop, everyone situation is not that same as yours and people have their own reasons for doing things a certain way. Even if the person cant afford. They are an adult and are liable for the decisions they make. They don't need some stranger(s) on the internet giving them financial advice, especially when it is far from their initial question.

I personally don't know of any site besides zzsounds and AMS that does the EZ payments with out a credit check. I will say this, I have ordered from both sites and have used their payment plans quite a few times and it works great. I am one of those people that can very well afford to purchase the items I do, but not having to put all of the money down up front is nice. Now if you want to purchase an item or brand that these 2 sites don't carry then you will most likely have to have your credit checked as most of these sites do offer some form of credit.
2 Weeks Ago
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Gear interested

So this failure of a thread, which was created SEVEN years ago, died for six years, then was revived last year with the majority of stupid posts, only to be revived again today.

Mods, can we just kill it already? Maybe use some sort of flamethrower device.
2 Weeks Ago
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunken_punchup View Post
So this failure of a thread, which was created SEVEN years ago, died for six years, then was revived last year with the majority of stupid posts, only to be revived again today.

Mods, can we just kill it already? Maybe use some sort of flamethrower device.
Seriously. The OP is a friend of mine and I know he doesn't need advice on this, he's well past that, I don't think any advice given will sway people to make some sort of decision on the matter either.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search