lost pro tools disc, what to do?
bluestarbass
23rd January 2007
Old 23rd January 2007
Gear addict

lost pro tools disc, what to do?

Hello

I ran into a problem today. I decided to reformat my entire recording computer but not longer have my pro tools disc. I actually lost it, not i stole my 002 and am trying to do something shady. I let a friend borrow it for a week and he never returned the windows disc. I figured fine, it was a 6.3 version so ill just purchase the newest version so i have a disc. All i can seem to find is the upgrade. Can i purchase just the program and if so how? Thanks
23rd January 2007
Old 23rd January 2007
Gear nut

I believe the upgrade is the full version. IIRC all the upgrades I've done you have to remove the old version and start fresh with the new upgrade.
bluestarbass
23rd January 2007
Old 23rd January 2007
Gear addict

thank you very much rolandk, just the answer i was looking for.
30th December 2009
Old 30th December 2009
Lives for gear

BUMP!!! Can anyone confirm the above answer?

Recently I would click on Pro Tools, and the program would never start. I could see it in Task Manager but it wouldnt open any projects or start up.

I have uninstalled Pro Tools (after some difficulty, had to end up uninstalling Pro Tools, drivers, settings, everything)

Now I need to reinstall. I started with the Mbox and a 6.x version, and have since purchased the online upgrade up to 7.3.1 or so.

Should I be able to just download Pro Tools 7.0 from the Digidesign Download page and install from there? Or do I need the cd? I fear I have lost it.

Thank you in advance for any help!
RTR
30th December 2009
Old 30th December 2009
RTR
Lives for gear

If you are a registerd DIGI user you can download the older versions from digidesign.com...
30th December 2009
Old 30th December 2009
Lives for gear

Interesting, because the download I was trying didnt require me to log in at all, so I hope I'm selecting the right one.

I went to Featured Downloads & Download Help and selected the "Pro Tools LE 7.0/7.1 for Mac OS X (PPC) and Windows XP.

Correctamundo? Thank you
31st December 2009
Old 31st December 2009
Lives for gear

that is just an update from 7.0 to 7.1

log into 'My Digi' and you should be able to download every version you have purchased. not that you would want anything before 7.x
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search