Avid MC Transport with Logic Pro X
simonharris
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear maniac

Avid MC Transport with Logic Pro X

Hi, anyone have the Avid MC Transport and tried it with Logic Pro X? Mine does not work (fine in Login 9) - I am only getting the timecode display, everything else dead - thanks
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear interested

Same here with the mc control, all if the shortcut buttons have gone. Still have the track buttons in the display but not the key commands. Transport controls and the mc mix work fine.

Anyone found a solution ?
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear addict

Apologies for it directly answering your question, it for what it's worth I read on either LogicProHelp or the Apple support boards about someone else having that same issue.
I only have a Mix + Control and from what I have seen this far they are working well.
Have you tried copying over the old Logic EuCon prefs and renaming the XML file to "Logic Pro X.xml"?
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert P View Post
Same here with the mc control, all if the shortcut buttons have gone. Still have the track buttons in the display but not the key commands. Transport controls and the mc mix work fine.

Anyone found a solution ?
Yep, you get all of the soft keys back by copying and renaming the preferences file. I think it was located in application support/EuCon but you might want to do a google search for it. The trick is to simply copy the old XML file and rename it to "Logic Pro X.xml".
simonharris
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear maniac

Thanks that fixed it!
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear interested

Cool, thanks a lot Foxis! Will try it. Thanks again for taking the time to assist!
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Lives for gear

sorry for being dense, new to logic here, i use cubase 7 and have a full line of artist controllers, can you tell me exactly where this file is and where to put it after renaming it?

thanks
simonharris
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear maniac

/Library/Application Support/Euphonix/SQRL/

rename the file Logic Pro.xml to Logic Pro X.xml

The Euphonix folder may be a different name if it's a later Avid install.

I would also copy the file before naming it so you have both in case you use Logic 9 which may need the file without the X
30th July 2013
Old 30th July 2013
Gear interested

Thank You VERY MUCH...dont install the newest version of Eucon (3.0.0...) - doesnt work...the previous version work well after renaming...
19th January 2014
Old 19th January 2014
Gear interested

Logic Pro X and avid Artist Control

Hello,

I noticed that the artist control doesn't occur nor does the manufacturer Avid occur in the list of control surfaces in Logic Pro X. What manufacturer and description in Logic Pro X control surfaces works with the artist control?

Thanks,

Bill
1st February 2014
Old 1st February 2014
Gear interested

Hi everyone,
I just bought the Euphonix Artist Control and I try to make it work with Logic Pro X on iMac late '13 running Mavericks.

I use the crossover ethernet cable that was included to the package and download the latest software from the AVID site EuControl Software 3.1 . Also updated the Artist Control Firmware to latest 1.3.5 firmware.

From network settings the ethernet connection is Self-Assigned IP. It says it will not be able to connect to the internet, but this isnt what I want.

At EuControl Settings, in the first tab there is a surface MC Control available and I add this to "My Surfaces". The same on tab "Workstations" I can see my workstation, added to "My Workstations" and make it attached. I didn't change any other parameter. Now the Artist Control show on the monitor my workstation name and the name of its program that I use. Right now it shows Google Chrome.

But there is a problem. When I open the Logic Pro X, I can see the name of the program on the Artist Control monitor but the controller doesn't work.
I try some tricks, for etc to make static IP but when I do what the iMac can not "see" the Euphonix. I always make a reboot after changes, most because the EuControl software stacks in every change that I made.

After many tries and reboots I return to default settings, make a reboot and suddenly everything works fine. I open the Logic Pro X and the controller works! Every button works fine. I load many projects without any problem. That was last night. After that I shutdown the Mac for the night and the morning the problem is here again. Everything is just I describe previously. It works only for one night.

Now I read yours solution but I dont have the Logic Pro 9, the machine is new and I install only the new Logic Pro X 10.0.1 .
Following the path /Library/Application Support/Euphonix/SQRL/ I found both the Logic Pro.xml and Logic Pro X.xml files, having the same size, 158 kb. I make a backup to both of them and I delete the Logic Pro.xml file. Reboot and nothing happened...

What is the problem? If someone sends me his Logic Pro X.xml file can I make it work?
2nd February 2014
Old 2nd February 2014
Gear interested

I found a solution

With Logic Pro X, unit MC Control and software EuControl closed, go to Library>Scripts>Euphonix Scripts>Utils and run cleanEuphonixSystem.app.

*Then launch EuControl manually, then launch Logic and finally start the MC Control whilst holding down the 6th soft key (counting from left to right) from second row of soft buttons

This works out 8 of 10 times.

*these steps needed every time I want to run Logic Pro X
nas
2nd February 2014
Old 2nd February 2014
nas
Lives for gear

I downloaded the newest version of Eucon 3.1 and also did a firmware update. Everything works fine now.
2nd February 2014
Old 2nd February 2014
Gear interested

lucky you!!
3rd February 2014
Old 3rd February 2014
Gear interested

After 2 days of use I notice that I don't need to hold down a soft button, only power button just to open. and the surface recognised automatically, no manual add needed.

The only remains the same is first to open the EuControl software, then the Logic Pro X and last the unit MC Control. Otherwise it doesn't work.

Also I have unchecked the option to open at start up for EuControl software but it opens every time I boot the iMac. If I keep it open and then open the Logic (and the unit), it doesn't work. I have to close the EuControl software, reopened and then open Logic etc. etc..
7th April 2014
Old 7th April 2014
Gear interested

Same issues persist?

I've recently upgraded to a new mac pro, mavericks and Logic X. I've got the most recent Eucon software and firmware installed. I've tried everything to get my Artist Mix working and the only way to get Logic X to work with it is by following the steps karhariasgr listed below. Start Eucon, then Logic X, then power up the Artist Mix. If I close Logic to open a different project I have to go through all of these steps again.

Even when I get my tracks to show up on the Artist Mix, it doesn't always work smoothly. If I scroll through banks quickly, sometimes the track names won't update.

HAS ANYONE FOUND A SOLUTION TO THIS ANNOYING PROBLEM?

I've currently got my Mix set with a static IP and I've followed every single possible step I've found online and via the Avid customer service people. I went through many of the same issues with my last computer and had hoped upgrading would alleviate the problem. Now I'm starting to wonder if my Artist Mix is defective.
10th April 2014
Old 10th April 2014
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadeus1 View Post
Hello,

I noticed that the artist control doesn't occur nor does the manufacturer Avid occur in the list of control surfaces in Logic Pro X. What manufacturer and description in Logic Pro X control surfaces works with the artist control?

Thanks,

Bill
Hi, Bill.

EUCon control surfaces don't show up in the control surfaces area of Logic the way MIDI-based solutions (HUI/Mackie) do. The EUControl software hooks directly into Logic, and all its preferences are handled by the Avid software.
10th April 2014
Old 10th April 2014
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhogan26 View Post
I've recently upgraded to a new mac pro, mavericks and Logic X. I've got the most recent Eucon software and firmware installed. I've tried everything to get my Artist Mix working and the only way to get Logic X to work with it is by following the steps karhariasgr listed below. Start Eucon, then Logic X, then power up the Artist Mix. If I close Logic to open a different project I have to go through all of these steps again.

Even when I get my tracks to show up on the Artist Mix, it doesn't always work smoothly. If I scroll through banks quickly, sometimes the track names won't update.

HAS ANYONE FOUND A SOLUTION TO THIS ANNOYING PROBLEM?

I've currently got my Mix set with a static IP and I've followed every single possible step I've found online and via the Avid customer service people. I went through many of the same issues with my last computer and had hoped upgrading would alleviate the problem. Now I'm starting to wonder if my Artist Mix is defective.
I had the same issue with scrolling and banking. It turns out this is a side-effect of the power management features of Mac OS X Mavericks called "App Nap". You have to disable this feature for the EUCon application. I've seen some people giving instructions on doing this through the "Get Info" menu in the Finder, which is supposed to show a checkbox for disabling AppNap, but on my installation (latest version of Mavericks and EUControl) there was no such checkbox. I managed to get the problem solved by disabling appnap using these two terminal commands:

Code:
defaults write com.Euphonix.EuControl NSAppSleepDisabled -bool YES
defaults write com.Euphonix.MC_Client NSAppSleepDisabled -bool YES
You need to restart EUCon through the System Preferences panel for it to take effect. If you really want to be sure, also disable AppNap for Logic Pro X, use Get Info and the chebox for that one.

Hope that helps.
10th April 2014
Old 10th April 2014
Gear interested

Thanks Exel,

I think the newest Eucon software automatically disables app nap, but I'll try your method for sure.
10th April 2014
Old 10th April 2014
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhogan26 View Post
Thanks Exel,

I think the newest Eucon software automatically disables app nap, but I'll try your method for sure.
That's what I thought, too, because I wasn't seeing the checkbox for it in the finder's Get Info. But after the two 'defaults' writes and a restart of the eucon stuff, suddenly, my meters started working normally and paging stopped being weird (before, it would take moving the mouse to get the MC Mix screen to update).
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search