spacebar for play/stop?
New Reply
Subscribe
dsw
20th July 2013
Old 20th July 2013
Gear interested

spacebar for play/stop?

New to Logic X (or any version)...just want the spacebar to activate play/stop 'every' time I press it. Seems that I often get in these modes where instead of engaging play, every press of the spacebar advances the counter by 1/4 note. Only way I've found to get the spacebar back to normal play/stop behavior is by pressing the TAB key - found that one by accident. Anyway, is this some mode that can be switched off? It's driving me nuts.
20th July 2013
Old 20th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsw View Post
New to Logic X (or any version)...just want the spacebar to activate play/stop 'every' time I press it. Seems that I often get in these modes where instead of engaging play, every press of the spacebar advances the counter by 1/4 note. Only way I've found to get the spacebar back to normal play/stop behavior is by pressing the TAB key - found that one by accident. Anyway, is this some mode that can be switched off? It's driving me nuts.
Something seems to be messed up in your key commands.
20th July 2013
Old 20th July 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

There are a new set of key commands for logic. You can select it to be old style or if you have custom ones from logic 9 it will use them. I think it's under the logic menu
20th July 2013
Old 20th July 2013
Lives for gear

Space bar for play/stop works fine for me in Logic X - and I haven't modified the keyboard commands at all.
dsw
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear interested

Somehow, I must have mucked something up in key commands. Went in and changed stuff related to play/stop and things are working fine. Thanks for your responses.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search