PSA - For people trying to load 32 bit plugins Vienna Ensemble Pro 5
sweetjesus
20th July 2013
Old 20th July 2013
Gear nut

Solution for loading 32 bit plugins in Logic X

Just bought Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 and about to set it up.

Basically, this thing will let you load your 32 bit Audio Unit plugins with the added bonus of being able to also load your VST plugins AND distribute load to other computers on your network!

I can't live without Sylenth1 and Event Horizon from Stillwell, so this will be my solution.
20th July 2013
Old 20th July 2013
Lives for gear

This is THE answer to all the griping about Logic X not supporting 32-bit plugins. I was gonna post it in all the threads but didn't want to waste the time - people will bellyache about having to buy a 3rd party solution. However, VE Pro does so much more than that.

Anyway, glad you pointed it out. If able, you might want to re-title the thread "Solution for 32-bit Plugs on Logic Pro X"

Cheers ;-)
20th July 2013
Old 20th July 2013
Lives for gear

Or you could just use JBridgeM + DDMF Metaplugin for less that 60 USD... works for me.
sweetjesus
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear nut

JBridge in Ableton is a bit sketchy, so far in the overnight test I've found Ensemble Pro to be pretty stable and it has a lot more features that I may find handy in the future.

Have you tested the JBridge + DDMF? How reliable is it etc?
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Lives for gear

sweetjesus
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyM View Post
It's working great. I started a thread here to get help testing: 32-Bit Plugins: Solution Found
Thanks

Typically enough, after I posted my last comment, I started having stability issues with VEP5 and it also doesn't seem to retain settings for Event Horizon.

I'll see if I can get them to refund me as this is the sole reason I bought their tool.
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Gear interested

OUCH .... $285 USD for Vienna ensemble pro. is that right?

Im sorry, I dont think thats the answer.
$285 for a 32bit bridge solution for a $200 DAW.

I think TreyM's solution w/jbridge and Metaplugin is MUCH better for the price.
21st July 2013
Old 21st July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianW View Post
OUCH .... $285 USD for Vienna ensemble pro. is that right?

Im sorry, I dont think thats the answer.
$285 for a 32bit bridge solution for a $200 DAW.
It may not be the answer if all you're looking for is a 32-bit wrapper; VE Pro does far more than that and is nothing short of a game-changer for lots of folks. Especially guys doing scoring work with large VI templates hosted across multiple computers. Its main function isn't to be a bit bridge solution, but it does happen to solve that problem (among lots of others) no matter what DAW you use.

Hope that helps. The JBridge option does look intriguing if you don't need all the other things VE Pro does... good find!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search