Logic Pro X - 35GB extra content
rectifier
17th July 2013
Old 17th July 2013
Lives for gear

Logic Pro X - 35GB extra content

Hi,

Clarification on the 35GB extra content - is it the same as that which is in the Logic 9 install?

I would install and see but I'm economical on space (SSD) and would rather not install all the stuff from Logic 9. Also on small connection at the moment.

thanks
17th July 2013
Old 17th July 2013
Gear maniac

I see repeat stuff,but I can be wrong. Legacy sample are still useful.Or I can used to modulation switching and multiple layering. I don't intend to use preset the channel strip.
17th July 2013
Old 17th July 2013
I tried to tick everything that was offered to be d/l-ed and installed and got told I had some of the things already: (all) Jam Packs and some reverb settings.
Everthing else seemed brand new.

Took a while to load. It's a lot of new stuff (drumkit designer etc.), so I guess there's just the Jam Packs being old news.
18th July 2013
Old 18th July 2013
Lives for gear

So what new sounds are available?I saw on David Earl's "fly over" of the new features he had a mellotron patch on the EXS. I hope they've improved the content. There were moments on the past were I would search without finding much that inspired me. I hope they've improved the pianos for starters.

I have my third party stuff I stick to anyway but I wood like to dip into it as long as I'm paying the cash for it.
18th July 2013
Old 18th July 2013
Gear nut

I've downloaded as much as I can of the extra content but now out of space on my SSD drive. Does anyone know exactly the directory that all of this extra stuff would have installed to so that I can move it to my other 1TB drive?
18th July 2013
Old 18th July 2013
Gear maniac

Logic X, the first app to obsolete the mac trash can pro.
18th July 2013
Old 18th July 2013
Gear maniac

I looked into the orchestral content. The original Jam Pack Orchestral instruments take up a mere 180ish MB, the Logic X orchestral content is a much larger download almost a GB if I remember correctly. Can't check now moving my Logic folder to an external disk...
18th July 2013
Old 18th July 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygri View Post
I looked into the orchestral content. The original Jam Pack Orchestral instruments take up a mere 180ish MB, the Logic X orchestral content is a much larger download almost a GB if I remember correctly. Can't check now moving my Logic folder to an external disk...
did you move the folders that are talked about in this thread?

Transferring full Logic Pro X download from one machine to another
18th July 2013
Old 18th July 2013
Gear interested

half of the content is the drum crap. If you know that's useless (which it is) you can skip it.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search