Lives for gear

Apple Logic X rumours

Dear fellows,

found this on another forum:

KVR: Logic X Out This Summer!

Can anybody confirm this?
Especially this statement:
Quote:
4. Most VIs have been removed or are optional. Goodbye to EXS, Ultrabeat and the rest.
Greetings

b-pole

DAW 1: iMac 27" 2.93GHz i7 Quad - DAW 2: MacBook Pro 15" 2.4GHz i5 Dual
Apple Logic Pro X
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Gear maniac

Can't confirm it, but I can vouch for it! Look's like it'll be aimed at just mixing. thumbsup
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
mbc
Gear Head

Quote:
1. Downloadable on the App Store.
2. Less bloated than Logic 9 - no loops or massive sample libraries are attached to Logic X
3. Focus on mixing: multitouch compatible, can support iPad as a mixing controller, legendary consoles modelled - e.g. EMI TG, SSL etc.
4. Most VIs have been removed or are optional. Goodbye to EXS, Ultrabeat and the rest.
yeah, why not! if there's a nice upgrade plan (incl. optional VIs) for current users...
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

Not a rumor, but hypothesis based solely on the Final Cut Pro "preview."

No brainer:

-- 64 bit
-- new interface
-- streamlined to a degree for app-store downloading.

Beyond that, it's anyone's guess...
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

It's a pretty radical move but a smart one, with the success of the App Store for iPad and iPhone, iTunes for Music, TV shows and Movies, what they're probably going to do with all the Pro Apps is to have them released individually in the App Store and then bring out a different AU component and plugin store for the different apps.

They'll get a lot more users because FCPX and LPX will be $299 and then you pay for what you use and on top of that they make a 30% on everyones AU components and FCP plugins, the plugins will probably be a lot more interchangeable between the two apps.

I'd love to have a kick ass EQ or vocal Desser in FCP but the GUI for AU components are terrible

15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

I hope current users will get all the individual synths as part of the upgrade? Especially as lots of us will have bought them back when you had to pay for them first time around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Current Project:
http://yournemesis.bandcamp.com/trac...tlas-mountains

-----------------------------------------------------------------
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
I'd love to have a kick ass EQ or vocal Desser in FCP but the GUI for AU components are terrible
Get over the GUI as some of those are pretty good

My guess:
1. AppStore Download
2. Less content (samples)
3. $199
4. Most AU's still included. That has to be 100% as no user would upgrade to version that you can't open your projects.
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

analogue console emulation must be on the cards...
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

some nice EQ emu's would do me
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor200 View Post
Can't confirm it, but I can vouch for it! Look's like it'll be aimed at just mixing. thumbsup
Improved VI's are just gonna come as optional downloads. Soft Synths/midi are Logic's bread and butter and without that focus...
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Gear maniac

Seems a bit odd, as the wide array of included VIs and effects have been one of Logics few strong-points so far.

Edit: what would this mean for people upgrading from version 9? "sorry but all your favourite VIs are gone now, sucks to be you"
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Gear maniac

Maybe Logic x downloadable from the store and if you want the media you can order a DVD!
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

There is no way they are getting rid of the synths. That's the main reason most use Logic. Add-on optional purchase for them is likely. If Apple improves a few things on the editing/mixing side and gets rid of that darn disappearing regions bug (without adding a bunch of new bugs), I would strongly consider staying in Logic throughout a project.
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

If this is true, I would really like it. Logic has become an bloated MF, unsnappy and bugridden. A complete rewrite is the best they could do, and get rid of all ancient code that probably is lurking behind the scenes.

To be able to add on VI:S and fx after demand is very appealing,I guess that almost no one is using all the stuff that Logic comes with now.

thumbsup(if true)
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Gear interested

+1 for a la carte VI & effects. I don't use half the effects that are there, and even less of the VI. As time goes on I'm sure I'll find use for some of the stuff I don't use now, but if all that becomes piecemeal, on-demand DLC while reducing the initial cost of the DAW, I'd be all for it. I wouldn't miss the giant bank o' stuff right at the beginning.
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Gear maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to Dan Eriksson
I thought this thread was about all Logic 10 threads.
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

Perhaps no AUs will be the case for the full "basic" version, but I doubt the Studio 9 upgrade to X will delete all your AUs.
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

All the content, VIs, loops, etc were my main draw to Logic from Pro Tools. And they are what makes it valuable to me over something like Pro Tools.

Silly to dumb down the creative options that come in the box with Logic IMO.

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app.
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

Even though Kontakt has developed so far ahead of the EXS 24, I can’t see Apple dropping their sampler, since it’s the host for a lot of media, that a lot of people continue to use.

And there will probably be some killer apps for controlling Logic X from an Ipad, so it looks like we’ll all be buying also an Ipad (if we don’t have one already).
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

EXS 48 anyone ?
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Gear maniac

It does not make any sense for Apple to abandon the legacy instruments for those of us who need them.

Remember people, were talking about Logic Pro X, Not Logic Studio X!

I really doubt Apple will drop the ball on us! They may loose a large number of us if they do fail to support Logic Studio 9 projects.

Cheers
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretster View Post
It does not make any sense for Apple to abandon the legacy instruments for those of us who need them.

Remember people, were talking about Logic X, Not Logic Studio X!

I really doubt Apple will drop the ball on us!
absolutely, they will be newer versions of what we already have
EX48,ES3 type of thing (if were lucky)
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

I just hope they do two things:

1 Let us move mixer channels around without going to the stupid arrange page to do it....and...

2 Let us click onscreen to locate, rather than the ruler. I got some feedback from the Apple when I complained about this and they implied they'd address it. We'll see.
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiltrip View Post
All the content, VIs, loops, etc were my main draw to Logic from Pro Tools. And they are what makes it valuable to me over something like Pro Tools.

Silly to dumb down the creative options that come in the box with Logic IMO.

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app.
I don´t think they´ll drop anything, just make it an option, and I would suppose that you will be able to keep everything if upgrading from LP 9. Just speculating of course.
15th April 2011
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
I just hope they do two things:

1 Let us move mixer channels around without going to the stupid arrange page to do it....and...

2 Let us click onscreen to locate, rather than the ruler. I got some feedback from the Apple when I complained about this and they implied they'd address it. We'll see.
thumbsup
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Lives for gear

I agree that we won't lose the Vi's in Logic. In fact I think we'll see some updates.
Granted the stuff doesn't sound bad, but it IS old code now and at least the GUI's
need a refresh. If they can update them,give them a new look and sound, and still
offer some kind of legacy support for user patches then it could work.

I personally could care less about buying it as a download. I'd rather buy
it like I always have on DVD's and to be honest the packaging for
Logic Studio 9 was fine enough. Surely they'd still want people to go to their
local Apple store and buy it off the shelf no? I'd rather have hard copies.
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKyflash34 View Post
I agree that we won't lose the Vi's in Logic. In fact I think we'll see some updates.
Granted the stuff doesn't sound bad, but it IS old code now and at least the GUI's
need a refresh. If they can update them,give them a new look and sound, and still
offer some kind of legacy support for user patches then it could work.

I personally could care less about buying it as a download. I'd rather buy
it like I always have on DVD's and to be honest the packaging for
Logic Studio 9 was fine enough. Surely they'd still want people to go to their
local Apple store and buy it off the shelf no? I'd rather have hard copies.
Yep - call me an old fashioned stick in the mud, but in a "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance"-kind-of-a-way, I'd much rather go down to the Apple Store and get a big box of backup and a solid manual to flick over with coffee in the morning. Maybe that's just me.

Edit: Completely off topic and not to have a go at the previous poster in any way I keep seeing people state "I could care less" on here, implying therefore that it would be easy to care less and that therefore they actually care a significant amount. Surely everyone means "I could NOT care less" ... look I'm a pedant and "having your cake and eating it" gets me too. Just had to get that off my chest <stumbles off muttering to himself about grammatical minutiae>

Last edited by dr_Jezz; 16th April 2011 at 02:11 AM.. Reason: being a pedant
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Gear addict

This is exactly the same thing my source told med.
More or less. I'm still hoping for a new version of EXS24 though.
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Gear addict

These are pretty much the same rumours from "trusted sources" that got posted around before Logic 9 came out - i.e. just people thinking / wishing out loud. Some might happen, some not.

It's very rare for Logic info to leak. The only leak I've ever known of was just before Logic 9. A European podcast went out where one of the participants said something like "Logic 9 is coming out next Tuesday"... and it did.

I would be very surprised if they removed the instruments. But the lack of any extra development / fixes on the instruments for quite a while leaves me hopeful that some of them are being re-vamped (whilst remaining backwards-compatible, of course).

There are loads of people who use the bundled sound libraries, so it's a selling point. I would again be very surprised if these were no longer included.

Making it available in the App Store (perhaps as a bare bones version) is a no-brainer. But I hope there will be a boxed version too, since I have a super slow internet connection.
16th April 2011
Old 16th April 2011
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

The good thing about this whole thing is that cracked software use will be a thing of the past soon: within a closed ecosystem as they build around OSX Lion it will take much more effort to use cracked software. And with the price of software going down, cracking (or jailbreaking) will get less and less interesting.

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search