Login / Register

Apple Logic X rumours
Closed
Subscribe
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

That sounds like a fanboy written rumour.
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

Any link ? I can't find it…
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear nut

Some of the stuff in the post sounds about right, the post itself - I call BS - when have apple *ever* made such a post?
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear interested

I will try to find it.
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

b-pole
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I saw this on Apple's Website and thought I should post here.
the user has only 3 threads...
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

We're not that gulible are we now?
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to Michael E
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-pole View Post
the user has only 3 threads...
We all know what Apple do with people who spreading their secrets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcoosticZoo View Post
We're not that gulible are we now?
Well... to be honest he wrote nothing extraordinary.
Except of "SSL" and "Hyper-Realism" maybe.
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear interested

Let me guess...Logic will finally have a "Magic" button installed on every channel now too???
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael E View Post
Well... to be honest he wrote nothing extraordinary.
Except of "SSL" and "Hyper-Realism" maybe.
Rumours have been floating around for along time that Logic X would add analog console modelling kind of like propellerhead's record.

An SSL model would be the obvious choice if only a single console was modelled, however if they are going down that route, be good to see a few others as well including some smaller more characterful tube console perhaps - if a decent job of it is done.
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear addict

Maybe Apple will release Logic X simultaneously for OSX and iOS.
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

As long as you can switch it off ! Analog modelling desk colour is not always needed
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huslineveryday View Post
Sure you didn't write it? This is your 1st post on GS.

It reads like bad fanfic ... 'cause it is.
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

I like the current interface with logic 9. However, I'd like to be able to highlight a selection of plugins on the mixer/arrange window and bypass them all together (instead of having to individually clicking bypass).
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huslineveryday View Post

Feb 22, 2012 1:32 PM
This discussion is to inform current Logic users on the upcoming new features in Logic Pro X. First off the software will not be officially released to the public until the new OSX Mountain Lion hits the market. Second the software will be none of what you expect it to be and everything you didn't expect and never knew you wanted in a D.A.W. Let's start with the basics. The GUI will see a drastic overhaul making Logic's workflow more modern and efficient. I can't go in to specific details about the design features but you will love the new upgrades. The first thing you will notice in the edit view is the new media browser, which has touch gesture, capabilities built in so now you can scroll through various screens of content by swiping left to right and up and down to select content. The mixer is designed to WOW! it has a shock factor that will blow your mind. First off it makes use of sonic modeling, yes that's right just as reason modeled their mixer after the SSL, Logic has modeled their mixer after the__________? I won't spoil it for you but OMG! does that thing sound and look amazing. It has a built in EQ & Dynamics section in every audio channel, Midi & Instruments tracks can be routed to audio channels to utilize the EQ & Dynamics. The master section is AWESOME as well. New Instruments & Effects finally and if the other features did not catch your attention these will. Piano's sound unbelievably realistic, the design team spared no expense in making IMO, the best sounding virtual pianos thus far they take advantage of a new technology called Hyper-Realism it captures every subtle nuance of the Acoustic Piano faithfully. They also have physical models of Pianos that are breathtaking as well they don't require as much CPU as the large boutique sample piano's but nonetheless are right on par with them. The electric pianos sound incredible as well Hyper-Realism, and Physical model technology. Composers will love the orchestral libraries which are moderately extensive instrument, articulation and expression wise but the sound is right up there with VSL and I should mention that the notation component to logic is far more professional and has seen a upgrade as well. Logic now has only two main synths that are capable of producing just about any kind of sound you can possibly imagine, again I can't get into specific details but they are packed full of quality presets and crazy tweak parameters. DRUMS & DRUMS of DRUMS the percussion section will make you **** all over yourself first off there are two components to the percussion section a GUI that represents a physical drum kit with independent tracks for each drum by default and second is a groove machine that is beyond sick. The Physical drum kits have various different layers of drum sounds and articulations which provide a very realistic feel to sequenced drums so much so unless you knew other wise you would have never suspected they came from Virtual Instrument. The groove box at first glance has 16 pads which you can drag and drop samples directly from the browser and edit them from the groove box interface each pad has standalone pitch and time stretch properties and much more. The alternate view is of a step sequencer that you can sequence using the step method by point and click. The EFX have seen a major upgrade as well some EFX plugins you will notice right away and some will be your new favorites. I think this new D.A.W. wins on features alone. Logic Pro X is the new revolution in D.A.W. technology. Of course there are lots and lots of new and interesting features I didn't get to mention but this definitely gives you an idea of some of the coolest stuff going in to the new Logic Pro X. What are your opinons on some of the changes listed?
Logic Studio, Mac OS X (10.7.1)
What a bullsh*t post, asking for opinions in this stage is totally nonsense, as if it is of any use or influence. Besides that, looks like a fantasy post anyway.

RGH
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

What strikes me as very odd is the project management up at Apple HQ...
Logic has some very nice features that has been part of the app for quite a while but weirdly never expanded on....

Ultrabeat is a fantastic drum synthesiser. Why hasn't it been upgraded with an internal mixer, plugins and groove functions?? It's been there for years now....
(The fxpansion boys must've gone, damn...ok well if they won't do something about this we might as well make some dollars here.....)

Strip silence.... you gotta be ****ing kidding me....... Give me zoom and an region analyse function....and...it's...as... good...as....beat detective!
Yes I know we have flex time slicer now but this thing has been here for bloody years without emagic or apple papple people re-touching it....Why??

Pro tools will always win hands down over LP as long as Apple insist on hatting between new features and functions catering for whatever target consumer audience the latest market research poll implies they should cater for........

I'm sorry but I could not give a monkeys about LPX (nerd pun) unless it's the version that once and for all capitalises on the strengths of this app and resolves the system overload issues etc..............
4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
Gear maniac

Send a message via AIM to Osc1lfo
The backlash against FCPX - which included being mocked on national TV by Conan O'Brien's team - is the kind of attention Apple is very sensitive to. They will not want that to happen again. Apple enjoys a huge amount of good will from the music business - lots of artists use Macs. They don't want to burn that bridge.

I have no info, but here's my positive spin on what we might see.

Apple develops core technologies that make apps that use them better. For example, upgrading an app to use Grand Central Dispatch can make it use multiple cores much more efficiently, leading to more tracks and plugins without stalling. There are several such technologies that could be used in Logic.

There may be wonderful new instruments and effects, and these may be separate App Store purchases. If one isn't interesting to you, you can skip it. I think all the current ones will remain part of the product.

Tighter integration between MainStage and Logic. I'd like to record a MIDI track per instrument in Mainstage, push a button, and flip from the live set to a multitrack recording project in Logic.

If not a full iPad version, a sophisticated iPad remote control app. One that wirelessly links multiple iPads to your Mac for any kind of real time touch control you could want.

'iPad Track' feature that lets you wirelessly stream audio from a musical iPad app directly to a Logic track, and also route Logic audio to an 'iPad bus' to do the reverse. I think it's possible now, but it's not easy to set up.

Of course, it's easy to dream stuff up, and damn hard work to implement and test it.
4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-uk View Post
I'm sorry but I could not give a monkeys... unless it's the version that once and for all capitalises on the strengths of this app and resolves the system overload issues etc..............
4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biolumin3sc3nt View Post
Let me guess...Logic will finally have a "Magic" button installed on every channel now too???
It's Apple - there will be no 'Magic' button. However, there will be a 'just absolutely gorgeous' button.
4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear

The only button on LogicX that I give a monkeys about is the one on the app store that says '"install"!

4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear

I have no inside knowledge but I think people will be pretty happy with Logic X if it's true that they have done a complete re-write ditching all the old buggy Emagic code. Some bugs have been there since v6. When they went from 7 to 8 it was a huge leap. I think we will see another big leap but it will probably take as long as the update from 7 to 8 took.
4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by work2do View Post
I have no inside knowledge but I think people will be pretty happy with Logic X if it's true that they have done a complete re-write ditching all the old buggy Emagic code. Some bugs have been there since v6. When they went from 7 to 8 it was a huge leap. I think we will see another big leap but it will probably take as long as the update from 7 to 8 took.
Sounds pretty realistic..it was three years between 7 and 8 and this summer it has been three years since logic 9 (my goodness time flies!)
4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
Gear Head

Patience peepole!
4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

I hope the logic comes with 20 more shades of red for track color coding
4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-tra View Post
Lol
Very important !!!
nas
4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
nas
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hahaha! Best post yet
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

There was an update that came with more shades of red I was
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Banned

Quote:
There was an update that came with more shades of red I was
What???
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond View Post
What???
If you noticed LP9 changed the colours to a pastel effect ..they were a bit primary in v8
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Stanley View Post
Patience peepole!
Oh yes of course, till the end of 2012 or even 2013...
Closed Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search