I mentioned a few things before, once more - just in case the guys at Apple / Emagic are reading...
I want / We need: Channel Strip
- Phase switch button, with some extra phase rotation parameters would be great.
- ALL Plugins Bypass button per Channel Strip, with options to ignore VI if applicable and vice versa.
- ALL Sends Bypass button per Channel Strip.
- Positive AND Negative Delay to move tracks/regions forward or backward.
- Store-able Snapshots to recall settings for volume, pan, sends, plugins etc... per Channel Strip.
- Being able to use the above for GROUPS when applicable.
- Yes, I am aware of certain plugins...
- ALL Plugins Bypass button, with options to ignore VI if applicable and vice versa.
- Store-able Mixer Snapshots to recall settings for volume, pan, sends, plugins etc...
- Being able to choose what is saved in the snapshot(s), selectively, as per above, so you might have a bunch of mixer snapshots that only save volumes and pans or sends... so when you recall any snapshots, it doesn't override anything that does not need to be changed.
- ALL Sends Bypass button per mixer or group(s) - as above.
Cycle / Locators aka Looping...
- I like the way MIDI editing works in Ableton Live, hard to explain briefly, but basically, you can comfortably move and select pretty much anything with the UP/DOWN and LEFT/RIGHT Arrows, while some extra key commands of course allow you to go even deeper. This is VERY intuitive in Ableton Live.
- Yes, I am aware of certain key commands.
Editing in general
- SERIOUSLY, try Ableton Live (in case you haven't), it's amazing what you can do with the Left/Right arrows and key commands. VERY intuitive.
- Yes, I am aware of certain key commands, but seriously... just make it more intuitive AND ergonomic, just like Ableton Live. It's 2012 right?
SERIOUS iPad INTEGRATION - MUST READ!!!
- Let us do MORE with the UP/DOWN + RIGHT/LEFT arrows, SHIFT and TAB etc.... i.e; if I am clicking on a plugin, I want to be able to FOCUS on the plugin only and move back and forth between the parameters, and increasing/decreasing values, by 1, 10... with the ARROW KEYS, If I am moving Transient Markers, I want to move them with the ARROW Keys, same for MIDI notes etc...
- I am well aware of certain Key Commands, but the problem is when many of them are already in use, in the same "window", you're kind of stuffed, so you have to use different ones. FOCUS is the name of the game.
- Seriously, if I am editing MIDI, do I want the Arrows to change tracks? NO.
- Seriously, if I am editing Locator Length or moving Transient markers, do I want the Arrows to change tracks? NO. And the list goes on...
Make Logic boot FASTER
- Let us control EVERYTHING, properly, i.e, say you enter one Window at a time, so if I am editing MIDI, let me enter the MIDI Editor Window AREA ONLY with the iPad, so I can MOVE those notes, extend them etc... same goes for Control Change and what not... Have you tested some of the Apps on the App Store? Try Symphony Pro AND Music Studio (Please be kind, don't bother me with Air Display, I am aware of this one...).
- Same as above for the score Editor.
- Same as above with PLUGINS, that's right, I want to enter/access the full GUI of any plugins via the iPad, one at a time, or two or three... WAIT, WAIT - check this out; HOW about you let us access the NON GUI view of the plugins as well, via the iPad (Don't bother me again with Air Display please... when I need more air I move the mics, OR open the windows !!!)
- Make sure you also allow fine increments of parameters as well as rough via a little button or something, on the iPad, i.e: AC7 implemented this neat thing were you can move a parameter slowly while touching an area on the screen.
- It's 2012 already.
- I am aware of certain Apps in the App store thanks, that's not what I am talking about. What I am talking about doesn't exist yet.
- It's 2012 already.
OK, guys, you know what, I had enough for today...
Hope you like it :P
PS: seriously, it's 2012.
PPS: I am a bit tired and lazy today, so please forgive some typo errors and what not... It wasn't intentional.
PPPS: I am sure I forgot few things, but I'd be happy with the above.