Vocal Processor for Live Use?
David Herbert
19th February 2004
Old 19th February 2004
Lives for gear

Question Vocal Processor for Live Use?

Slutz, Help a brother,
I am doing some research on behalf of my singer, a young lady who sounds kind of Margo Timmins/Edie Brickell-ish. Some of the far-out music we do could use an FX processor for her vox. I am thinking of something along the lines of:
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--DGTVOC300
Anybody have any opinions on this item or anything comparable? A floor unit would be best, but I guess a rackmount with foot pedal would be OK. Slut away... Thanks, David
20th February 2004
Old 20th February 2004
One with big hooves

Speaking as a FOH guy...

Whatever you come up with make it simple. The best case is that all you need from FOH is an XLR or a DI box. Maybe a 1202 with an old Digitech or Alesis box running off an aux send would work, having a compressor on the output would make me happy a lot the time. Make sure that you tell the FOH person not to do a damn thing to the signal other then whatever EQ they feel they need.

Try not to do this...Last night I had a guy who wanted two mics, one was direct to monitor land and then FOH and the other was for an "effect mic" which went through a Line 6 delay pedal and then a DI box. He spent about half the night singing into the effect mic and the other half trying to figure out which mic he wanted to sing into and the two mics were doing a pretty good job of phase canceling each other.
David Herbert
21st February 2004
Old 21st February 2004
Lives for gear

This unit is designed to work inline like a stomp box, so it wouldn't require an additional line. Thanks Jay.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search