Manley Micmaid
New Reply
Subscribe
mbvoxx
20th November 2013
Old 20th November 2013
Gear addict

Manley Micmaid -quick review- All Good

With the recent studio gear additions I added a Manley Micmaid to my rack last week.
Thought I'd share some thoughts on this unit.

First, it's Manley - it's every bit the build quality of everything else Manley makes.
The Micmaid does exactly what it's advertised to do, and it does it extremely well.
I've got my 4 racked pre's and 4 'go to' mics routed thru it now and the ease of switching from one mic to another, one pre to another, or any combination of the mics and pre's is as simple as the push of a button...and an almost silent button at that. The additional gain function on the Midmaid makes achieving a unity gain between the mics a breeze and those changes can be quickly and easily saved and stored so each mic goes active with the gain settings that were stored.

No more switching cables or changing connections behind the workstation, it's all right up front at my fingertips now. For me, this is a great addition to my room.
21st November 2013
Old 21st November 2013
Gear addict

Send a message via AIM to lematrix Send a message via Skype™ to lematrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbvoxx View Post
With the recent studio gear additions I added a Manley Micmaid to my rack last week.
Thought I'd share some thoughts on this unit.

First, it's Manley - it's every bit the build quality of everything else Manley makes.
The Micmaid does exactly what it's advertised to do, and it does it extremely well.
I've got my 4 racked pre's and 4 'go to' mics routed thru it now and the ease of switching from one mic to another, one pre to another, or any combination of the mics and pre's is as simple as the push of a button...and an almost silent button at that. The additional gain function on the Midmaid makes achieving a unity gain between the mics a breeze and those changes can be quickly and easily saved and stored so each mic goes active with the gain settings that were stored.

No more switching cables or changing connections behind the workstation, it's all right up front at my fingertips now. For me, this is a great addition to my room.
Thank you….. I always looked for something like this. I´ll give it a try

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search