Crane Song Egret!
Old 2nd October 2006
Craneslut

Crane Song Egret!

Here is a pic of the new Crane Song Egret which will be showing at AES.
Attached Thumbnails
Crane Song Egret!-egret.jpg  
Old 2nd October 2006
Craneslut

And here is the PDF...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf egret data.pdf (143.4 KB, 391 views)
Old 2nd October 2006

Sweeeeeet
Old 2nd October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Blackwood View Post
Here is a pic of the new Crane Song Egret which will be showing at AES.
thanks Brad!! i am really excited about this product.. and it's a beauty!!
Old 2nd October 2006
Gear addict

\m/
Old 2nd October 2006
Banned

yet another line on the list !!!!! looooking forword to this ! i love Crane Song's stuff
Old 2nd October 2006

Old 2nd October 2006
what if...

I dont like green?
Old 2nd October 2006
Lives for gear

"The standard interface supports AES single wire to 192KHz, ADAT, and S/MUX to 96K. The converters can also be independently operated, even at different sample rates."

ADAT eh? So this could be hooked up to a new PCI-e MacPro via a Motu 2408 mk3 (until someone brings out an AES/EBU PCI-e card).
Old 2nd October 2006
mmmm....color knob on every channel.... Hasn't this unit been out like for like two years though?
Old 2nd October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindell View Post
mmmm....color knob on every channel.... Hasn't this unit been out like for like two years though?
Yes, but it hasn't shipped yet (I don't think it was shown @ AES in past years either).
Old 3rd October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindell View Post
I ran across a press release and picture of it dated 1/05. But until now, no one has actually heard it. And it won't be shipping at AES.
Old 3rd October 2006
Lives for gear

sexy..
Old 3rd October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Fuston View Post
I ran across a press release and picture of it dated 1/05. But until now, no one has actually heard it. And it won't be shipping at AES.
This is "deja vu" all over again.

Summing amp euphoria seems more and more like the last gasp of analog nostalgia.

I sipped that Koolaid once.
Old 3rd October 2006
Craneslut

Quote:
IIRC, Dave told me there will be a working unit at AES...
Old 3rd October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've been anxious to check this out too, but I'd much rather them take the necessary time and get it right while maintaining their superior customer service. The color knob really sets this thing apart in my mind from any other mixer/d-a/summer.
Old 3rd October 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curve Dominant View Post
This is "deja vu" all over again.

Summing amp euphoria seems more and more like the last gasp of analog nostalgia.

I sipped that Koolaid once.
I think that you chugged that Kool Aid™. Maybe beer-bonged it? (Audio Example of Curve Chugging Kool Aid attached).
Anyhow, it would be hard to tell whether an analog summer would have made an improvement upon the horrid dreck that you pound out.

It's kinda like weighing the 'pros' & 'cons' of nicer doorknobs in a crackhouse.

At your stage, I'd say that you would only notice grand & sweeping changes; like repainting the entire crackhouse candy green and adding more junkies. I think that the Behringer tooooob Ultragrain pre-amps are in order.

Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Curve vs. Kool Aid.mp3 (242.0 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by VelvetGoatmine; 3rd October 2006 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: Needed More Stoopit Added. Added Audio Enhancer-izer™(Roger Nichols Digital. All rights reserved®)
Old 3rd October 2006
Lives for gear

sounds cool.

for me though, the reversed concept would rock my world.

8 channel colour controlled gainstage (no mic pre) ADC, lose the 2bus.

basically a vary-coloured 8*ADC....
Old 3rd October 2006
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetGoatmine View Post
I think that you chugged that Kool Aid™. Maybe beer-bonged it? Anyhow, it would be hard to tell whether an analog summer would have made an improvement upon the horrid dreck that you pound out.

It's kinda like weighing the 'pros' & 'cons' of nicer doorknobs in a crackhouse.

VG=October guestmod?

Gustav
Old 3rd October 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ufo~ View Post
sounds cool.

for me though, the reversed concept would rock my world.

8 channel colour controlled gainstage (no mic pre) ADC, lose the 2bus.

basically a vary-coloured 8*ADC....
That's the Cranesong Spider! @ Ufo Check it out!

It still has a 2-bus though... but it has 10 channels of A/D, plus the cool Cranesong Tape Emulation DSP... PLUS the 'iron' switch for emulated transformer-licious sound.

Gustav, I accept. Where's my team hat?
Old 3rd October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Blackwood View Post
IIRC, Dave told me there will be a working unit at AES...
That is correct. But there's still a difference between working beta-stage unit and one that is shipping. That was the distinction I was trying to make.

You'll be able to hear it, but you'll have to wait if you want to buy it. Dave will be able to speculate on how long the wait will be.
Old 3rd October 2006
Lives for gear

Wonder if there'll be a retro fit or trade in/upgrade path from the original Flamingo or is this such a different beast that it should have been given a different name?
Old 3rd October 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Wonder if there'll be a retro fit or trade in/upgrade path from the original Flamingo or is this such a different beast that it should have been given a different name?
Jamz!!! Stop drinking that Kool Aid!!!

...and give it back to Curve.

The Egret is totally different from the Flamingo. It is basically an 8 channel D/A unit whilst the Flamingo is a dual channel mic-pre.
Old 3rd October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Jamz!!! Stop drinking that Kool Aid!!!

...and give it back to Curve.

The Egret is totally different from the Flamingo. It is basically an 8 channel D/A unit whilst the Flamingo is a dual channel mic-pre.
LOL! Not the Egret!!!

[QUOTE=DrDeltaM] Also at AES:

Updated Flamingo with more color options and input impedance switch:
http://www.cranesong.com/downloads/f...o.1%20data.pdf
/QUOTE]

sorry. I should have been more specific as to which Cranesong piece I was referring to. It ain't Kool Aid either. just vodka!
Old 3rd October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's the Cranesong Spider! @ Ufo Check it out!

It still has a 2-bus though... but it has 10 channels of A/D, plus the cool Cranesong Tape Emulation DSP... PLUS the 'iron' switch for emulated transformer-licious sound.
Yeah, the spider has a lot of things I don't need (read: I can't afford) though.
don't need the micpres, the 2bus for instance.

perhaps he'll make a lite version of the spider...
a simple 8 channel ADC with colour control.
methinks it would be a hit.
Old 3rd October 2006
Gear addict

Quote:
That's rich. Thanks.
Old 3rd October 2006

egret... it's about #$#%% time...

who's slower to release new product, cranesong or shadow hills?

relax, i'm kidding.... kind of...
Old 3rd October 2006
Lek
Lives for gear

Quote:
excellent! got a great mental image from that one
Old 5th October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post

I would like to know the answer to this question as well. I may want to upgrade my flamingo if this is possible. I also wonder just how colorful the color knob on the Egret actually will be, will it be the same as the one on Ibis or something new?

Bill.

Old 5th October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind-Over-Midi View Post
I would like to know the answer to this question as well. I may want to upgrade my flamingo if this is possible. I also wonder just how colorful the color knob on the Egret actually will be, will it be the same as the one on Ibis or something new?

Bill.

Seems that if you go to the Crane Song web site and down load the manual for the new Flamingo it reads that the original Flamingo is not upgradable to the new model.
Almost wish Mr. Hill would have named it after a different bird
Perhaps I would be less disappointed. It does looks very cool...even without the Kool aid!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search