John Mayer Born and Raised Sounds/Mix/Recording
fridge_me
2nd December 2012
Old 2nd December 2012
Gear Head

John Mayer Born and Raised Sounds/Mix/Recording

Hi hi,
There's a couple of generalised posts on this record but I'm looking for some specifics on Born and Raised by John Mayer. I understand it was mixed by Michael Brauer and Manny Marroquin (as was Continuum). Does anyone know of any interviews where the recording or mix of this album is detailed?

Hopefully we can avoid the standard 'mayer-bashing' that seems to come with any thread that mentions his name.
2nd December 2012
Old 2nd December 2012
Lives for gear

fridge_me
2nd December 2012
Old 2nd December 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinealta View Post
Did you check this thread on the album:

John Mayer - Born & Raised
Yeah, saw that. Photos of the kit are pretty rad.
3rd December 2012
Old 3rd December 2012
Gear Head

.....and so it begins.....
fridge_me
3rd December 2012
Old 3rd December 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcw View Post
.....and so it begins.....
Hahaha....it has begun!!!
It's a funny thing about songs, even ones that are considered 'bad' in the eyes of some listeners seem to garner the complete opposite reaction in other people. Hell, all of us I'm sure have participated in a bit of 'song-bashing' in some form, but eventually the idea of people arguing over personal taste like they're arguing over fact seems absurd. I'm of the belief that any art, especially music, 'finds you'. I can think of songs that I used to hate, that I now love, and I realized that what's changed is my own life experience. The song hasn't gotten any 'better', it's just that now I am ready to receive the song in a more meaningful and relevant way than before. The opposite is true as well. I'm sure we can all look back at some 'guilty pleasures' from our pasts.
I think what matters is the intent behind a song, and it is rare that the intent is anything less than an artist just trying to express themselves. John Mayer isn't any different to any of us songwriters. We're all trying our best shot at expressing ourselves and maybe reaching a few others in the process. I'd hope as a songwriter that people could be open-minded enough to realize that 'taste' is lightweight. It's kids stuff. It's 'I only like my food in round shapes'. 'This song is shit.' Its a really flat, closed-off non-discussion. The real discussion lies in personal life experience. 'This song really came to me at a good time', or 'I haven't really connected with this song yet. Maybe one day'.
Peace
3rd December 2012
Old 3rd December 2012
Gear maniac

It seems like he went in another
direction this time - more acoustic,
country-blues with this record.
I like it a lot!

Jacek

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post
John Mayer is dope, don't care how well the album sounds if the songs are shite, and that is just what they are on this CD, his worse by far.
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Gear maniac

Love the sound on Born and Raised. The acoustic guitar sound is (imho) out of this world. Wish I had something on topic, but I'm very interested if anyone does.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search