My new workstation.
Old 22nd October 2012
  #91
Lives for gear
 
Demonslave's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonslave View Post
Hi is there a link to your studio? Very nice!
Old 22nd October 2012
  #92
Lives for gear
 
Oroz's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbo View Post
Does the studio have a website? I googled Cosmos Producciones and ended up in Chile somehow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonslave View Post
Hi is there a link to your studio? Very nice!
Old 22nd October 2012
  #93
Moderator
 
delcosmos's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgear View Post
Doesnt sweetwater keep there inventory in box,s
Seriously that console looks pretty old mackie mackes a nice new one and UA has a card for all that rack LOL
Five thumbs up truly inspiring .
In that case, Vintageking

Best regards.

delcosmos.
Old 22nd October 2012
  #94
Gear addict
 
StudioKing's Avatar
 

Hi Armando, it's nice to see photos of your place looking so great. It's an inspiring thing to see. I hope you found a good use for those DBX De-Essers you got bought from me a while ago.

So great man, love the photos.
Old 22nd October 2012
  #95
Moderator
 
delcosmos's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioKing View Post
Hi Armando, it's nice to see photos of your place looking so great. It's an inspiring thing to see. I hope you found a good use for those DBX De-Essers you got bought from me a while ago.

So great man, love the photos.
Hey! Yes your deessers are rockin' my vocals every day

Hope everything is going great.

Best regards.

delcosmos.
Old 22nd October 2012
  #96
Moderator
 
delcosmos's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
This is one of my favorite picts of my live room.

This photograph was shot by my dear friend Edgar Hurta member of Belanova.


Attached Thumbnails
My new workstation.-p5122325-2.jpg  
Old 22nd October 2012
  #97
Wish I'd put on a condomn before I saw that...
Old 22nd October 2012
  #98
Lives for gear
 
hasbeen's Avatar
I still want to know about the method for wiring the racks, how the tube gear is kept quiet being close together etc. What about heat dissipation? Must have an incredible power scheme. Geek details is what I want to hear. Thanks!
Old 22nd October 2012
  #99
Gear maniac
 
Ergo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by delcosmos View Post
This is one of my favorite picts of my live room.

This photograph was shot by my dear friend Edgar Hurta member of Belanova.


Wow, that Microkorg in the corner must be your pride and joy.
Old 22nd October 2012
  #100
Moderator
 
delcosmos's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasbeen View Post
I still want to know about the method for wiring the racks, how the tube gear is kept quiet being close together etc. What about heat dissipation? Must have an incredible power scheme. Geek details is what I want to hear. Thanks!
If you look close, the gear that produce heat are separated with one rack space with a black vent grill: Vack Racks, roland modules, the retro stuff, the Sony DRE777, the Harmonizers, etc, etc.

Gear like 1176 are close to each other because they don't get hot.

The pultecs and fairchild have tubes in the back, but the tubes are exposed and are not close to anything.

We also have Air Condition in the back of the big rack with a lot of space, you can walk in there and fix any cable easy.

We don't have any hum problem at all. Everything is grounded. All my audio cable is mogami.

I've produced around 500 songs in the last 6 years here and never had a problem with noise.

This place ROCKs!

Best regards.

Delcosmos.
Old 22nd October 2012
  #101
Lives for gear
 
hasbeen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by delcosmos View Post
If you look close, the gear that produce heat are separated with one rack space with a black vent grill: Vack Racks, roland modules, the retro stuff, the Sony DRE777, the Harmonizers, etc, etc.

Gear like 1176 are close to each other because they don't get hot.

The pultecs and fairchild have tubes in the back, but the tubes are exposed and are not close to anything.

We also have Air Condition in the back of the big rack with a lot of space, you can walk in there and fix any cable easy.

We don't have any hum problem at all. Everything is grounded. All my audio cable is mogami.

I've produced around 500 songs in the last 6 years here and never had a problem with noise.

This place ROCKs!

Best regards.

Delcosmos.
You are very fortunate!

Were there any considerations when running the power from the "pole" outside to the building and then to the racks? Separate transformer, power conditioner etc? Grounding rod? When you say grounded, each item grounded to chassis?
Old 23rd October 2012
  #102
Gear maniac
 

but do you have a drum room?

ty for the photos - awesomely nice!
Old 23rd October 2012
  #103
Gear interested
 

any chance me and my pal could book the live room?



p.s. awesome setup !
Attached Thumbnails
My new workstation.-honkytonksr3.jpg  
Old 23rd October 2012
  #104
Moderator
 
delcosmos's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
any chance me and my pal could book the live room?



p.s. awesome setup !
The studio is for my own use, we don't rent the place.
My own projects fill the calendar, we are planning to open a rent studio soon, because now with most studios closing, there are not many rooms available for rent. Ironically, now its a good time for opening a studio for rent here!

Best regards.

Delcosmos.
Old 23rd October 2012
  #105
Moderator
 
delcosmos's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasbeen View Post
You are very fortunate!

Were there any considerations when running the power from the "pole" outside to the building and then to the racks? Separate transformer, power conditioner etc? Grounding rod? When you say grounded, each item grounded to chassis?
Well, my tech knows all those details, I only know that everything works great! My job is know how to use the gear but more important, my job is write and produce music.

I'll ask him about those details.

Beat regards.

Delcosmos.
Old 23rd October 2012
  #106
Lives for gear
 
hasbeen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by delcosmos View Post
Well, my tech knows all those details, I only know that everything works great! My job is know how to use the gear but more important, my job is write and produce music.

I'll ask him about those details.

Beat regards.

Delcosmos.
If he has the time that would be great. If not then I appreciate the response. Thanks.
Old 23rd October 2012
  #107
Lives for gear
 
Ernest Buckley's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by delcosmos View Post
My job is know how to use the gear but more important, my job is write and produce music.

Delcosmos.
Amen.
Old 23rd October 2012
  #108
Moderator
 
James Lugo's Avatar
 

Man that is just insane. I spent Saturday at Blackbird with John McBride. You guys should find a support group for what ales you. Lol.

See you in frisco this weekend.
Old 23rd October 2012
  #109
Lives for gear
 
TheBrightSide's Avatar
 

Even the website is amazing.
And the whole studio is just for his own productions.
I envy no man, but in this case I have to make an exception.

I bet his wife is gorgeous too.
Old 23rd October 2012
  #110
Moderator
 
delcosmos's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
Even the website is amazing.
And the whole studio is just for his own productions.
I envy no man, but in this case I have to make an exception.

I bet his wife is gorgeous too.
Oh yes, she is gorgeous! Here we are with Mr. Alan Parsons and my compadre Aleks Syntek.

Attached Thumbnails
My new workstation.-img_1497.jpg  
Old 23rd October 2012
  #111
Lives for gear
 
TheBrightSide's Avatar
 

Damn!!!!!

I knew it!!!!!
Quote
1
Old 23rd October 2012
  #112
Moderator
 
delcosmos's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lugo View Post
Man that is just insane. I spent Saturday at Blackbird with John McBride. You guys should find a support group for what ales you. Lol.

See you in frisco this weekend.
Hey James, well yes. We both share the same disease, but after watching your videos, I noticed that you are infected too!

See you in San Francisco!

Best regards.

delcosmos.
Old 23rd October 2012
  #113
Moderator
 
delcosmos's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergo View Post
Wow, that Microkorg in the corner must be your pride and joy.
Yeah!

Well if you look close, you'll find a 1956 'U47' and a 1963 'C12'. Those are my pride and Joy (along with my Microkorg )
Old 23rd October 2012
  #114
Moderator
 
James Lugo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by delcosmos View Post
Hey James, well yes. We both share the same disease, but after watching your videos, I noticed that you are infected too!

See you in San Francisco!

Best regards.

delcosmos.
I do but I think on a less grand scale. Man your place looks unbelievable; big and commercial but with instruments everywhere and a feeling of wanting to play and make music. Perfection!
Old 24th October 2012
  #115
Lives for gear
 
Sir Chris's Avatar
 

All that is for your own personal use? Please be honest, was your wife thrilled with this purchase?



Sent from my Nexus S 4G
Old 24th October 2012
  #116
Lives for gear
 
Sir Chris's Avatar
 

Please don't take offense. I meant this in the most light hearted/jokingly manner as possible lol.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
Old 24th October 2012
  #117
Moderator
 
delcosmos's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Chris View Post
All that is for your own personal use? Please be honest, was your wife thrilled with this purchase?

Please don't take offense. I meant this in the most light hearted/jokingly manner as possible
No offense taken.

Yes, this studio is for my own personal use. My company holds 5 great producers/sonwrtitters, our building have 6 independent studios. Each producer have their own work. I mean, I don't delegate any of my projects to them. If a label hire me, they can be 100% sure that I will do that production.

Some times I can't take some projects because of time or budget, so my manager always offer the option of our pool of producers, in that case, I could appear as an excecutive producer and supervise their work. 9 of 10 times labels say yes!

But yes, the studio I'm showing in these pictures are my own personal studio. Later I will show the rest of the studios.

Best regards.

delcosmos.
Old 24th October 2012
  #118
Gear maniac
 
doose80's Avatar
You're an inspiration Armando! Looks like ALOT of hard work has gone into your studio.

Peace
Old 24th October 2012
  #119
Moderator
 
delcosmos's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lugo View Post
I do but I think on a less grand scale. Man your place looks unbelievable; big and commercial but with instruments everywhere and a feeling of wanting to play and make music. Perfection!
That's the whole point I wanted a studio to make music, nothing corporate, I don't want it to feel like a cold commercial studio, I want to have everything to make my artists happy

Hope you could come and visit us James.

Best regards.

delcosmos.
Old 24th October 2012
  #120
Moderator
 
delcosmos's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by doose80 View Post
You're an inspiration Armando! Looks like ALOT of hard work has gone into your studio.

Peace
Hey thanks man!

Yes, a lot of work. But its also love for music. I like to be a collector, but the best thing in my opinion is that all these toys are being used and are making music every day.

What's the point of a 58' strat un-played in a glass cabinet? I don't want that! I want to rock her!

Best regards.

delcosmos.
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Bluedart / Music Computers
5
Stress Man / So much gear, so little time!
62
GilWave / So many guitars, so little time!
8

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.