Login / Register
 
snake or wall mounted connections
New Reply
Subscribe
Chris G
Thread Starter
#1
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
  #1
Gear addict
 
Chris G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 344

Thread Starter
Chris G is offline
snake or wall mounted connections

i just bought this place and it needs some updating. The previous owner was just an investor and they pulled all of the snake lines out and left nothing to fish new ones through.... nice of them tutt

does any one out here in slut land have any suggestions on using either wall mounted connections from the control room to the live room or just using a snake... and if so, what brand is best?

my gues would be to use wall mounted connections from the wall under the glass passing through to the live room and another into the vocal booth.

here are some pics to help

control room


live room 1


live room 2/vocal booth


any help at all would make me like you more
__________________
word

www.christurbiville.com V/O site
#2
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
  #2
Gear maniac
 
ethan_c's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 236

ethan_c is offline
I would definitely go with mic blocks mounted in the wall. You can get either groups of 6 mic in's and 3 phone outs or 8 mic in's 4 phone outs etc. and mount 1 on each of the 4 walls. This keeps things a lot neater and looks more professional.

and don't forget to put at least 2 in your vocal booth and 6 in your drum booth if you have one...

ps... nice looking space! hope you enjoy it!!
Chris G
Thread Starter
#3
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
  #3
Gear addict
 
Chris G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 344

Thread Starter
Chris G is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan_c
I would definitely go with mic blocks mounted in the wall. You can get either groups of 6 mic in's and 3 phone outs or 8 mic in's 4 phone outs etc. and mount 1 on each of the 4 walls. This keeps things a lot neater and looks more professional.
thanks for advice!! any ideas on where to purchase??
w2w
#4
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
  #4
w2w
Lives for gear
 
w2w's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 505

w2w is offline
mds
#5
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
  #5
mds
Lives for gear
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,556

mds is offline
Is that in Phoenix? What studio was it?
Chris G
Thread Starter
#6
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
  #6
Gear addict
 
Chris G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 344

Thread Starter
Chris G is offline
it used to be Anthem Recording back in mid to late 90's, it changed hands again, but i don't know the name. A real estate investor bought it in 2003 and pretty much just let it sit. John Gibson at Ear.net helped in the design of the place back when it was originaly done. He's helping me outfit it again since he knows the rooms so well.

oh and yes, it's in phoenix
Chris G
Thread Starter
#7
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
  #7
Gear addict
 
Chris G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 344

Thread Starter
Chris G is offline
bump
mds
#8
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
  #8
mds
Lives for gear
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,556

mds is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris G
it used to be Anthem Recording back in mid to late 90's, it changed hands again, but i don't know the name. A real estate investor bought it in 2003 and pretty much just let it sit. John Gibson at Ear.net helped in the design of the place back when it was originaly done. He's helping me outfit it again since he knows the rooms so well.

oh and yes, it's in phoenix

Sweet...I never worked there when I lived in Phoenix, but it looks like it has a lot of potential. What part of town is it in?
#9
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
  #9
Lives for gear
 
nathanvacha's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,231

nathanvacha is offline
If you really are in a bind for running cable, you could always make a surface mount box on the wall, like a stage box that mounts flat on the wall but with some trim or something and run conduit on the wall wherever it needs to run... I don't mind exposed conduit.... but if it doesn't fit your vibe, screw that idea.
Chris G
Thread Starter
#10
2nd July 2006
Old 2nd July 2006
  #10
Gear addict
 
Chris G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 344

Thread Starter
Chris G is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by mds
Sweet...I never worked there when I lived in Phoenix, but it looks like it has a lot of potential. What part of town is it in?
its off of 35th ave and Bell road - kinda north phoenix area. it just needs to be treated for acoustics again. the previous owners took all that too.

I'm pretty excited about it, i didn't want to have to spend 6 months doing a build out.
Chris G
Thread Starter
#11
2nd July 2006
Old 2nd July 2006
  #11
Gear addict
 
Chris G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 344

Thread Starter
Chris G is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanvacha
If you really are in a bind for running cable, you could always make a surface mount box on the wall, like a stage box that mounts flat on the wall but with some trim or something and run conduit on the wall wherever it needs to run... I don't mind exposed conduit.... but if it doesn't fit your vibe, screw that idea.
that actually is a good idea. conduit can be hidden. i'll just have to watch a few hours of DIY or HGTV and I'm sure i'll get and idea on how to hide it. my wife has my big screen locked on those decorating shows.
#12
2nd July 2006
Old 2nd July 2006
  #12
Lives for gear
 
Bounce's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Caleefornya
Posts: 853

Bounce is offline
Congrats, Chris!! Best of luck in the new room :-)
Chris G
Thread Starter
#13
2nd July 2006
Old 2nd July 2006
  #13
Gear addict
 
Chris G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 344

Thread Starter
Chris G is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce
Congrats, Chris!! Best of luck in the new room :-)
thanks, i can hardly wait until its done.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
sound_forward / So much gear, so little time!
6
dmb10 / Geekslutz forum
13
Stick / High end
23
Stick / So much gear, so little time!
1

Forum Jump

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.