snake or wall mounted connections
New Reply
Subscribe
Chris G
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
Gear addict

snake or wall mounted connections

i just bought this place and it needs some updating. The previous owner was just an investor and they pulled all of the snake lines out and left nothing to fish new ones through.... nice of them tutt

does any one out here in slut land have any suggestions on using either wall mounted connections from the control room to the live room or just using a snake... and if so, what brand is best?

my gues would be to use wall mounted connections from the wall under the glass passing through to the live room and another into the vocal booth.

here are some pics to help

control room

live room 1

live room 2/vocal booth

any help at all would make me like you more

www.christurbiville.com V/O site
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
Gear maniac

I would definitely go with mic blocks mounted in the wall. You can get either groups of 6 mic in's and 3 phone outs or 8 mic in's 4 phone outs etc. and mount 1 on each of the 4 walls. This keeps things a lot neater and looks more professional.

and don't forget to put at least 2 in your vocal booth and 6 in your drum booth if you have one...

ps... nice looking space! hope you enjoy it!!
Chris G
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan_c
I would definitely go with mic blocks mounted in the wall. You can get either groups of 6 mic in's and 3 phone outs or 8 mic in's 4 phone outs etc. and mount 1 on each of the 4 walls. This keeps things a lot neater and looks more professional.
thanks for advice!! any ideas on where to purchase??
w2w
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
w2w
Lives for gear

mds
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
mds
Lives for gear

Is that in Phoenix? What studio was it?
Chris G
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
Gear addict

it used to be Anthem Recording back in mid to late 90's, it changed hands again, but i don't know the name. A real estate investor bought it in 2003 and pretty much just let it sit. John Gibson at Ear.net helped in the design of the place back when it was originaly done. He's helping me outfit it again since he knows the rooms so well.

oh and yes, it's in phoenix
Chris G
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
Gear addict

bump
mds
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
mds
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris G
it used to be Anthem Recording back in mid to late 90's, it changed hands again, but i don't know the name. A real estate investor bought it in 2003 and pretty much just let it sit. John Gibson at Ear.net helped in the design of the place back when it was originaly done. He's helping me outfit it again since he knows the rooms so well.

oh and yes, it's in phoenix

Sweet...I never worked there when I lived in Phoenix, but it looks like it has a lot of potential. What part of town is it in?
1st July 2006
Old 1st July 2006
Lives for gear

If you really are in a bind for running cable, you could always make a surface mount box on the wall, like a stage box that mounts flat on the wall but with some trim or something and run conduit on the wall wherever it needs to run... I don't mind exposed conduit.... but if it doesn't fit your vibe, screw that idea.
Chris G
2nd July 2006
Old 2nd July 2006
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mds
Sweet...I never worked there when I lived in Phoenix, but it looks like it has a lot of potential. What part of town is it in?
its off of 35th ave and Bell road - kinda north phoenix area. it just needs to be treated for acoustics again. the previous owners took all that too.

I'm pretty excited about it, i didn't want to have to spend 6 months doing a build out.
Chris G
2nd July 2006
Old 2nd July 2006
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanvacha
If you really are in a bind for running cable, you could always make a surface mount box on the wall, like a stage box that mounts flat on the wall but with some trim or something and run conduit on the wall wherever it needs to run... I don't mind exposed conduit.... but if it doesn't fit your vibe, screw that idea.
that actually is a good idea. conduit can be hidden. i'll just have to watch a few hours of DIY or HGTV and I'm sure i'll get and idea on how to hide it. my wife has my big screen locked on those decorating shows.
2nd July 2006
Old 2nd July 2006
Lives for gear

Congrats, Chris!! Best of luck in the new room :-)
Chris G
2nd July 2006
Old 2nd July 2006
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce
Congrats, Chris!! Best of luck in the new room :-)
thanks, i can hardly wait until its done.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search