Login / Register

Beautiful websites of high end recording studios ?
New Reply
Subscribe
ISedlacek
29th August 2012
Old 29th August 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to ISedlacek
Beautiful websites of high end recording studios ?

Would you have some nice examples and links to really beautifully designed, atmospheric, high end studios websites (not necessarily always big studios), that have a nice creative/high end gear mysterious atmosphere and rather artistic design (not those common boring corporate designs). Looking for some inspiration

what I found interesting so far is for example:

http://www.chapmanrecording.com

http://thewaystudio.com

http://www.24-96.com

http://theatriumstudio.com/about

http://www.amsterdammastering.com (except those flash animations that I find quite disturbing)

http://www.sonicastudios.co.uk/sonica20 ... udios.html

http://www.velvetsoundstudios.com

http://www.sunrecords.cz
29th August 2012
Old 29th August 2012
Gear maniac

Kore studios , Uk

30th August 2012
Old 30th August 2012
Lives for gear

Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
518-581-8141
http://www.silvertonemastering.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Silve...82560415140525
------------------------------------------------
30th August 2012
Old 30th August 2012
www.circlestudios.co.uk

Machiavelli's Guide To the Music Industry: http://www.supajam.com/blog/l/Machia...Music-Industry
30th August 2012
Old 30th August 2012
Lives for gear

31st August 2012
Old 31st August 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

31st August 2012
Old 31st August 2012
Toronto Maple Leafs fan

Send a message via MSN to jordanvoth
Wow those links on Electric Lady's page are horrible. The whole page.
I love how Blackbird's "H" room is nicer than most of the "A" rooms here.
Some okay sites... nothing spectacular though. The key is minimalism and good function. Haven't seen anything for studio sites I've really liked.
31st August 2012
Old 31st August 2012
Gear nut

31st August 2012
Old 31st August 2012
Toronto Maple Leafs fan

Send a message via MSN to jordanvoth
31st August 2012
Old 31st August 2012
www.circlestudios.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth View Post
Beautiful studio, don't care for the site though.

Take a look at some of these.

95 Inspiring Websites of Web Design Agencies | Awwwards
Interesting thanks for this (though for my taste I think only about 10-15% of them are really eye-catching/inspiring). I often think that what web-design type geeks think is really awesome and what Joe Public thinks are very different things.
1st September 2012
Old 1st September 2012
Gear addict

1st September 2012
Old 1st September 2012
Gear Head

Quote: "links to really beautifully designed, atmospheric, high end studios websites"
Really? A Website? For "Somebody's" sake, that is something you can search for yourself very easily. Maybe ask a 9 year old to help.
In this still the high end section of this forum? I've actually worked at some of the places mentioned in this thread. Even my grandmother could find their website.
Ask some web designers, or maybe some, you know, real geeks, like, web surfers. Wow, this forum just keeps dumbing down further and further, along with the rest of America. God help us all.
Come back when you want to know what these studios actually sound like, or other non-websurfing questions.
This forum really has hit the deep end, or shallow end, if you prefer, or even know what I mean.
1st September 2012
Old 1st September 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobturner View Post
Quote: "links to really beautifully designed, atmospheric, high end studios websites"
Really? A Website? For "Somebody's" sake, that is something you can search for yourself very easily. Maybe ask a 9 year old to help.
In this still the high end section of this forum? I've actually worked at some of the places mentioned in this thread. Even my grandmother could find their website.
Ask some web designers, or maybe some, you know, real geeks, like, web surfers. Wow, this forum just keeps dumbing down further and further, along with the rest of America. God help us all.
Come back when you want to know what these studios actually sound like, or other non-websurfing questions.
This forum really has hit the deep end, or shallow end, if you prefer, or even know what I mean.
Jeez - the now we're criticizing OP's for a legit post? It's not like he's asking, 'which neve clone is best' or 'should I get another EQ'...other than word of mouth, my website is the single thing that gets people to call or write for information, and eventually book time - particularly for people from out of town. It's not the best in the world, but it's got a vibe that matches the studio, and it is very effective. I'd say that's fairly important to the business revenue side of the equation. And frankly, you can at least imagine what it sounds like by looking at the pics, reading about the gear, etc. It's a relevant post, IMHO.
1st September 2012
Old 1st September 2012
Gear maniac

1st September 2012
Old 1st September 2012
Gear Head

Obviously you don't get what I'm saying at all. A legit post in this forum is now "what other "real" studio's websites do you guys think look cool?" Really? That qualifies as "high end"? Anybody talking about gear anymore?
1st September 2012
Old 1st September 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Obviously you don't get what I'm saying at all. A legit post in this forum is now "what other "real" studio's websites do you guys think look cool?" Really? That qualifies as "high end"? Anybody talking about gear anymore?
I see your point, but given the significance of a web presence for any business I wouldn't say it's not relevant...trouble is there really isn't an appropriate slot for a post like this to fit into on Gearslutz. Maybe Jules needs to consider adding a marketing/business category where studio-moles can discuss stuff like business strategies, marketing and general economic survival without breaking protocol.
1st September 2012
Old 1st September 2012
Lives for gear

1st September 2012
Old 1st September 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpad View Post
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Francis Manzella's website. I'm sure that if you like the pictures, that he would be delighted to do a custom design for YOU, and add yours to the collection (he does work internationally).

FM Design Ltd : Architectural & Acoustic Design and Consulting
And then there is the other side of this "pro audio high end" forum. Somebody trying to sell you something. Well, original poster, or, OP, you had this sales pitch coming. Go.... spend...... waste Daddy's or whoever's bucks,.....later, wonder why your "studio" failed...."I hired the best webpage designers"...
If you think a cool website will make you sucessful in the recording industry, and I mean the very narrow definition of recording industry; i/e studios, recording engineers, mixing engineers, etc, you should change career majors now. It still is about talent, work ethic, and personality.
1st September 2012
Old 1st September 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_p View Post
I see your point, but given the significance of a web presence for any business I wouldn't say it's not relevant...trouble is there really isn't an appropriate slot for a post like this to fit into on Gearslutz. Maybe Jules needs to consider adding a marketing/business category where studio-moles can discuss stuff like business strategies, marketing and general economic survival without breaking protocol.
Agreed. There no better forum that meets the needs of both the 20 year pro and a guy picking "recording studio owner" as a career instead of "floral designer", or "rain deer rancher". We all now know what 'high end" means. Sorry to bust in on Dude's attempt to grow his business.
1st September 2012
Old 1st September 2012
Lives for gear

Methinks thou dost protest too much! The OP simply asked for links to websites, not for yours (or anyone elses) theories on the efficacy of studio design aesthetics. You need to go and turn some knobs for awhile and cool down!
1st September 2012
Old 1st September 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpad View Post
Methinks thou dost protest too much! The OP simply asked for links to websites, not for yours (or anyone elses) theories on the efficacy of studio design aesthetics. You need to go and turn some knobs for awhile and cool down!
Me thinks you may be right. See what happens when audio geeks get time off. At least I'm not out raping and pillaging. Just shooting my mouth off. My apologies to anyone offended. Happy tweaking to all!
1st September 2012
Old 1st September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Me thinks you may be right. See what happens when audio geeks get time off. At least I'm not out raping and pillaging. Just shooting my mouth off. My apologies to anyone offended. Happy tweaking to all!
Man, chill out. 32 posts and 5 from that about bashing thread of other member..I can't get it.Better to try to help somebody here with some problem , what do you think?
ISedlacek
2nd September 2012
Old 2nd September 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to ISedlacek
Quote:

Yes, such meaningless multiple arrogant posts like yours are the best example of what you mean ... If you have nothing valuable to contribute, then shut up and don't fill the forum space with your off topic useless speculations. Nobody asked you for that.
M2E
2nd September 2012
Old 2nd September 2012
M2E
Lives for gear

2nd September 2012
Old 2nd September 2012
More cowbell!

I'd say this is a pretty legit topic for serious working business owners such as myself--I'm always interested in how I can make my presentation more effective, and my space better looking plus more inspiring for clients.

Sent from my MB855
2nd September 2012
Old 2nd September 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISedlacek View Post
Yes, such meaningless multiple arrogant posts like yours are the best example of what you mean ... If you have nothing valuable to contribute, then shut up and don't fill the forum space with your off topic useless speculations. Nobody asked you for that.
Wow! This is certainly the place to effectively get put back in your place. Most of us need this reality check often. A few posts ago I acknowledged my unsolicited and possible unfair and needless rant. Thus again, I will say that I am so very sorry for my "meaningless multiple arrogant posts" which also apparently has no value and is taking up very valuable space in this apparent effective forum. Therefor I will now shut up and crawl back into my hole and not bother you very successful professionals. Maybe my tone was harsh and must have sounded offensive, and that so rarely EVER happens in an online forum like this one. And certainly didn't happen in the above quote that reprimanded me so well. "WINK". My lesson here is to stop reading ******** online threads like these in the first place. Also to stop looking for true "peer" connections to share experiences with in places like this. I guess 20 years experience, multiple major credits, and a grammy might only make one appear "arrogant" around here. Sorry to intrude, I respectfully exit
2nd September 2012
Old 2nd September 2012
Lives for gear

SRS
2nd September 2012
Old 2nd September 2012
SRS
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip6 View Post
EDIT: I stand corrected. It does work on an iPhone. Just formatted kind of oddly. In any event, you need to make sure that the "non-Flash" folks can view your site anywhere.
2nd September 2012
Old 2nd September 2012
Lives for gear

2nd September 2012
Old 2nd September 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search