Beautiful websites of high end recording studios ?
#31
4th September 2012
Old 4th September 2012
  #31
Lives for gear
 
scruffydog's Avatar
I thought this one had a nice feel....kinda like a perfect collection of rooms and vibe in an old / new school way.

Tree Sound Studios - Atlanta's Greenest Recording Studio



------------------------------------------------------

I'm kinda gutted that SARM studios is scaling down here in the UK.
It really effected me i think...last night i had a dream that all of CLA'S equipment was up for sale!!!!!
how sad would that be...how sad am i...????!!!

so...now...i can make better recordings in my own room than Olympic studios....Townhouse studios and now some of Sarm studios!..
As i read that there will be offices and flats and stuff instead.
all of these have closed...

a dream come true of sorts....i always thought that if i can't frequent such places i would just have to make my own one....which i seem to have done in some small way... though these studios closing down is very sad none the less.

Why these huge concerns deem a studio superfluous i have no idea...i guess they just don't really care about anything but money.
Horn must have calculated that rent return of a few grand is 3 or 4 days studio booking without the fuss and bother...
or is it perhaps that ALL the good songs have already been written....and it is impossible for them to get that surprise anymore?
perhaps it's just x factor making things meaningless and pointless....with that thought, it's off to the moan zone here i go!
ISedlacek
Thread Starter
#32
23rd September 2012
Old 23rd September 2012
  #32
Lives for gear
 
ISedlacek's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Well, I just tried to materialize an idea how to make a nice simple "atmospheric" presentation (just a test version, launched today):

Home - Savita Studio
#33
23rd September 2012
Old 23rd September 2012
  #33
Gear nut
 

Beautiful job, Ivo!

Best,

Jamie
#34
29th September 2012
Old 29th September 2012
  #34
Gear maniac
 
Mixing Suite's Avatar
 

ISedlacek
Thread Starter
#35
30th September 2012
Old 30th September 2012
  #35
Lives for gear
 
ISedlacek's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobturner View Post
But please just don't try to put this type of facility in comparison with Oceanway or Blackbird. Nice website or not.
I don't quite understand what you are talking about (maybe you don't understand it either). Has somebody ever said that my studio is the same as some other studios ? Everybody who can read, can have an exact idea what it is about (and what it is not about) and what its specialties and limitations are.

The topic of this thread is - nice web presentations of high end recording studios. It is about that, nothing more and nothing less, so please, either contribute to this very topic or create your own topic. Thank you for understanding.
#36
30th September 2012
Old 30th September 2012
  #36
Gear nut
 
Mono-Peter's Avatar
 

#37
11th October 2012
Old 11th October 2012
  #37
Gear Head
 
Knobturner's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISedlacek View Post
I don't quite understand what you are talking about (maybe you don't understand it either). Has somebody ever said that my studio is the same as some other studios ? Everybody who can read, can have an exact idea what it is about (and what it is not about) and what its specialties and limitations are.

The topic of this thread is - nice web presentations of high end recording studios. It is about that, nothing more and nothing less, so please, either contribute to this very topic or create your own topic. Thank you for understanding.
Sorry. I guess it's the thread topic that's been bugging me all along and I didn't even realize that was the problem. "Web presentations of high end recording studios". I don't want to insult anyone, but the "high end" part does not belong in this conversation at all. Read my previous post. If you want to compare "web presentations" to Oceanway Nashville or Blackbird, no problem. Their websites suck, just to be honest. However, the studios do not! Look at the mic/gear lists. They are NOT in the "web presence" business. They ACTUALLY are "HIGH END" recording studios. I feel it necessary to point this out. I have no problem with you advertising your business with a nice website and asking opinions about other websites, however, please stop comparing your glorified home studio (based on the listed equipment and mic list on said site) with a real professional recording facility.
WAIT!. Before you bash me, I'm NOT saying great products cannot be made on limited, inexpensive gear. It can. Great engineers make great records with ANY gear. That's NOT what I'm talking about. To sum up; don't name drop a real professional "high end" in comparison with your "semi-pro" place on the basis of web sites. Oceanway does not get business from having a website. In the "pro" world they don't have to. They're business comes from having equipment and services that cater to their targeted cliental. If you have a smartphone with a video camera I guess you are now qualified to shoot the next Bond movie.
If it wasn't you that specifically mentioned OWay and Blackbird as a "high end comparison", then I'm ranting at them. Sorry if I've offended anyone.
OK, bring on the flames. Maybe on my next day off, I will read them to see what a tool I am.
#38
11th October 2012
Old 11th October 2012
  #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobturner View Post
Why? Why should anyone with a high end studio want anyone as a client that uses a website to decide what facility they will use? I may be jaded but I will not accept a new client that hasn't been recommended by someone I know.
Are you running a commercial studio, or are you a producer/engineer who owns a studio they work from? Two very different things - the thread is about the former.

Generally speaking, a commercial room is available to everyone who can afford the rates. Most people don't want to "pick and choose", they just want the rooms filled.

Just as I wouldn't buy something from a company with a website that looked like it was knocked up by a 12yo, I'd struggle to take a studio seriously with the same. Perception again - if someone skimps on their website, what else are they going to skimp on?

Obviously if I've been to said studio, or have a personal recommendation, it's different. But there's always that caveat isn't there - "check out this place, but don't go by their website, it's sh1te" - I'd rather be the studio owner who's proud of his site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobturner View Post
I think maybe we are talking about two very different situations here. I have mentioned it before but maybe the "high end" moderator of this forum isn't weeding out and sending some folks to the "low end theory" forum.
Sorry. This topic is just still not a valid post for "high end".
Flame on......
If you have an issue, you should report the thread. Otherwise..no one is forcing you to participate. I think it's a perfectly valid thread (makes a change from "what high end mic should I buy"). So that's the overall rating back to 0....as you were everybody!
#39
11th October 2012
Old 11th October 2012
  #39
Gear maniac
 
clearwave's Avatar
 

I think it has to do with business management and attention to detail. A business that specializes in a high end product pays attention to the details, every aspect of the details. That means nice and clean bathrooms, a safe and well lit parking lot, comfortable areas for client. When I see a business that has a website that looks like a high school kid in 1996 made it, I makes me wonder what else are they over looking.

Its pretty rare to find a high end studio that does not have a high end website.

But I know what you're saying. I HHHAAAAATTTEEEEE taking on a client that I don't know anything about and I try to avoid it. Whenever someone calls me and their first question is "what software do you use? Then 9 times out of 10 their music sucks. Because they're not making decisions based on sound. Its ideal when someone calls and says "we like the X album you did a lot. How can we make an album like that?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobturner View Post
Why? Why should anyone with a high end studio want anyone as a client that uses a website to decide what facility they will use? I may be jaded but I will not accept a new client that hasn't been recommended by someone I know. I think maybe we are talking about two very different situations here. I have mentioned it before but maybe the "high end" moderator of this forum isn't weeding out and sending some folks to the "low end theory" forum.
Sorry. This topic is just still not a valid post for "high end".
Flame on......
#40
11th October 2012
Old 11th October 2012
  #40
Gear Head
 
Knobturner's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwave View Post
I think it has to do with business management and attention to detail. A business that specializes in a high end product pays attention to the details, every aspect of the details. That means nice and clean bathrooms, a safe and well lit parking lot, comfortable areas for client. When I see a business that has a website that looks like a high school kid in 1996 made it, I makes me wonder what else are they over looking.

Its pretty rare to find a high end studio that does not have a high end website.

But I know what you're saying. I HHHAAAAATTTEEEEE taking on a client that I don't know anything about and I try to avoid it. Whenever someone calls me and their first question is "what software do you use? Then 9 times out of 10 their music sucks. Because they're not making decisions based on sound. Its ideal when someone calls and says "we like the X album you did a lot. How can we make an album like that?".
Finally, someone gets it. Your bathroom analogy is perfect. However, how many meat and 3's have a website? I bet you still eat there as long as the bathrooms are clean. I'll be right there with ya.
#41
11th October 2012
Old 11th October 2012
  #41
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobturner View Post
Quote: "links to really beautifully designed, atmospheric, high end studios websites"
Really? A Website? For "Somebody's" sake, that is something you can search for yourself very easily. Maybe ask a 9 year old to help.
In this still the high end section of this forum? I've actually worked at some of the places mentioned in this thread. Even my grandmother could find their website.
Ask some web designers, or maybe some, you know, real geeks, like, web surfers. Wow, this forum just keeps dumbing down further and further, along with the rest of America. God help us all.
Come back when you want to know what these studios actually sound like, or other non-websurfing questions.
This forum really has hit the deep end, or shallow end, if you prefer, or even know what I mean.
Wow, get angry much?
#42
12th October 2012
Old 12th October 2012
  #42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobturner View Post

Hence my comment....I think I'm in the wrong place. There doesn't seem to be any real pros here.
Sorry,
Mm, some of us are! I could reel you off a list of members who make 100% of their living from engineering and production, some at the highest end, some not but still capable guys. I'm probably somewhere in the middle. Some guys I've worked with you'd have heard of, most you wouldn't have.

The forum is called "High End" though, not "high end pros".
Quote
1
ISedlacek
Thread Starter
#43
13th October 2012
Old 13th October 2012
  #43
Lives for gear
 
ISedlacek's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobturner View Post
please stop comparing your glorified home studio (based on the listed equipment and mic list on said site) with a real professional recording facility.
WAIT!. Before you bash me, I'm NOT saying great products cannot be made on limited, inexpensive gear. It can. Great engineers make great records with ANY gear.
Apart from making endless loops from your obsessed "ideas" that make no sense, you apparently have no idea about gear as such and its prices .. Sure, Schoeps are very limited microphones, Forssell, Vertigo, Thermionic etc. home enthusiasts boxes and Geithain 901k quite inexpensive monitors etc. ...

You must be a true expert

Anyway, don't waste your time any further ... What you wanted to say you said, now you just continue like a broken record ... Try to relax, it may help you ...
#44
13th October 2012
Old 13th October 2012
  #44
#45
13th October 2012
Old 13th October 2012
  #45
#46
14th October 2012
Old 14th October 2012
  #46
Gear Head
 
Knobturner's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISedlacek View Post
Apart from making endless loops from your obsessed "ideas" that make no sense, you apparently have no idea about gear as such and its prices .. Sure, Schoeps are very limited microphones, Forssell, Vertigo, Thermionic etc. home enthusiasts boxes and Geithain 901k quite inexpensive monitors etc. ...

You must be a true expert

Anyway, don't waste your time any further ... What you wanted to say you said, now you just continue like a broken record ... Try to relax, it may help you ...
Thank you for the advice. I will take it.
#47
8th November 2012
Old 8th November 2012
  #47
Lives for gear
 
Lee Cardan's Avatar
 

Quote
2
#48
8th November 2012
Old 8th November 2012
  #48
#49
8th November 2012
Old 8th November 2012
  #49
#50
8th November 2012
Old 8th November 2012
  #50
Lives for gear
 
Seamus TM's Avatar
 

#51
16th December 2012
Old 16th December 2012
  #51
#52
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
  #52
Super Moderator
 
Remoteness's Avatar
#53
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
  #53
Lives for gear
 
dabigfrog's Avatar
 

Santa Fe Recording Studios Frogville Studios

its not high end, but for art & vibe we have in spades... its not low end either!
the big room sounds great and everyone leaves here smiling.

we have a bunkhouse upstairs that sleeps 8... book your tour to santa fe and leave a 7-10 day blank to make a record then continue your tour with a new project in the can.



#54
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
  #54
Lives for gear
 
gear is cool's Avatar
 

#55
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
  #55
Church of UAD
 
Matt Hepworth's Avatar
Careful, threads like this get deleted and users warned here in "High End". I had one deleted not long ago and had my wrists slapped.
#56
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
  #56
Gear interested
 
Snip's Avatar
 

#57
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
  #57
Gear addict
 

Quote
1
#58
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
  #58
Lives for gear
 
Grumblefoot's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lab View Post
Oh well...here is ours,,,

Studio 270 / home
Sweet space, great desk, plus French pastries. Everyone wins
#59
15th January 2013
Old 15th January 2013
  #59
Gear interested
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Cardan View Post
best one yet,
along with this

Welcome to - Ocean Sound Recordings
Greetings:

Ocean Sound looks very nice. Great photos as well.

Best regards
#60
15th January 2013
Old 15th January 2013
  #60
Quote
1
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
fafalio / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music & Location Recording
7
Marrone / Rap + Hip Hop engineering & production
28
londontown / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music & Location Recording
9
jglamar / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music & Location Recording
17
h4nc0 / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music & Location Recording
10

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.