New Reply
Subscribe
pqlior
6th June 2006
Old 6th June 2006
Gear Head

PT 5.1.3 888/24 Big Ben Clocking

Hey guys.
I have all my stuff clocked and sounding good.
I can't figure out if I need to change the sync to digital in the session setup or is it just enough that the USD's clock source is set to AES?
I have 3X888/24- 2 are clocked from the big ben (only 2 Superclock outs) and one is Daisy chained off the 1st 888/24.
The USD is clocked to the big ben Via AES (plus it's set to clock to AES in the session setup).
Any Advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
pqlior
7th June 2006
Old 7th June 2006
Gear Head

bump...
7th June 2006
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

you can setup USD WC into BB BB to the 888's. Have you tried a BNC T connector off one of the superclocks from one 888 to the next - this was the recommendations from Apogee for their 16x's on HD.
This way you don't have to change your session rate by playing w/ the BB and the BB reclocks the USD word so your 888s get a BB clock.
7th June 2006
Old 7th June 2006
Gear Head

Thanks Brent.
Will try the T Connector.
So... If you clock the BB to the USD, Doesn't that void the Internal BB clock?
8th June 2006
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

Thought along those lines too, but Max noted that the BB will reclock the incoming jittery/bad WC so you are getting the full benefit of the BB clock to your converters. There is no problems with the way you have set your system up other than throwing in a BNC-T. I just gave you an idea to come from the USD to BB so you'll never get caught accidentally having a 44.1 session and your BB left at 48. As long as you will always look at your BB or verify both are set at the same freq, then you're setup is fine. I've always had PT rigs set up in other rooms and once had an orchestra session do the wrong frequency thing - would have noticed if the musical director imported more than just the click track in the new session, they had to come in another day a do the whole days session over. oops, the one time a very good assistant forgot to check the settings (we had no info during the session setup)
So if there are no worries with your setup, keep it as you have it and try the t connector

And I think you're good w/ the clock source set to AES if you want to keep it that way. Been a while since I had my mix system together
pqlior
8th June 2006
Old 8th June 2006
Gear Head

Thanks Brent.
I'll give it a try
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search