Finally ordered a great river pre - ECSTATIC
princecharmin
Thread Starter
#1
3rd May 2012
Old 3rd May 2012
  #1
Gear Head
 
princecharmin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 55

Thread Starter
Finally ordered a great river pre - ECSTATIC

Damn.. its been a long time and a long process trying to pickout the perfect setup, especially mic pre. I produce mainly pop (katy perry, gaga), EDM (deadmau5, kaskade), and some urban/urban pop (usher, t-pain,drake). After lurking for years here on the forums, I decided the great river me-1nv may be the mic pre to give me the sound I'm looking for.

I live in NY and have access to some big studios, so I'd like to be able to bring over some polished tracks when importing them into a larger lab. I also like the ability to have a singer/player come through and have access to hi-end stuff for a professional sound in the comfort of my own home. My duet pres are very nice, but very 2d and clean... but way too clean for me. Along with the great river, I got a GAP Comp 54 to plug in its insert. Does anyone have this setup, pre/comp?? Along with my sm7b (and a new mic, just haven't decided yet), I'm looking to get that very present, articulate vocal... think Usher for a guy, and Katy Perry for a female.

One thing I'm also thinking is, I want to be able to travel. Does anyone have this setup, or similar and travel? NYC is a big city and a lot of times I'd rather go to someone, than have them in my house lol. How do you guys handle this if you do? What do you do about location & getting the best sound? I read about how *cant remember the gents name* recorded Pink in a hotel room with his sm7b and a duet. I loved reading that, as it made me feel a lot better about my equipment and what it was capable of. Now I have the great river.. do any of you guys tote that baby around?

My sig has all of what I use, and I've definitely seen worse getting great results. Along with my other questions, what would you hi-end guys suggest is the next step in building my lab? I'm sure someone will ask about my room.. Its a small, untreated spot, but with my GR & Comp54, I ordered some bass traps n other acoustic treatment, so in about a week or so my room should sound pretty good.

P.S. Also want to give a big shoutout to the fellow gearslutz on here who love music and take care to put their heart n soul in this, whether project or pro! Whats up!
#2
4th May 2012
Old 4th May 2012
  #2
Gear maniac
 
Oldschoolwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: New York and Charleston SC Un-ited States
Posts: 162

I have my mp2nv, Pacificas, converter and comps in a small rack that I can roll around on a cart with some stands and mics... it works for me, fits in a yellow cab trunk when needs be, rather be at home, but space is limited right now.
#3
4th May 2012
Old 4th May 2012
  #3
Lives for gear
 
T'Mershi Duween's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: worldwide
Posts: 695

One of the few pieces that's really loved on GS that actually lives up to the hype.
#4
4th May 2012
Old 4th May 2012
  #4
Gear nut
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 144

Great River ??

I sold my MP-2NV sure I'm nuts but my API 512c is Infinitely better than the great river mic pre. I actually had to turn the gain on both channels with the MP-2NV all the way up as far as it would go just so that I could get my cab mic'd. API's have more gain.
#5
4th May 2012
Old 4th May 2012
  #5
Gear maniac
 
Oldschoolwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: New York and Charleston SC Un-ited States
Posts: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by alligator View Post
I sold my MP-2NV sure I'm nuts but my API 512c is Infinitely better than the great river mic pre. I actually had to turn the gain on both channels with the MP-2NV all the way up as far as it would go just so that I could get my cab mic'd. API's have more gain.

Wow, I can fully understand not liking the pre, but yours sounds like it was defective!
princecharmin
Thread Starter
#6
4th May 2012
Old 4th May 2012
  #6
Gear Head
 
princecharmin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 55

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschoolwax View Post
I have my mp2nv, Pacificas, converter and comps in a small rack that I can roll around on a cart with some stands and mics... it works for me, fits in a yellow cab trunk when needs be, rather be at home, but space is limited right now.
Oldschool.. what converter and comp you dealing with over there? Also, what model/brand is that cart?? Do you mean like the DJ setups kind of thing, a coffin with a built in rack??

Right now I keep the macbook pro docked to a sweet monitor, where I have the Duet, Duende, my Externals setup. Then I have a rack on the ground next to the desk where the furmans are, and great river, and comp 54 will be.
princecharmin
Thread Starter
#7
4th May 2012
Old 4th May 2012
  #7
Gear Head
 
princecharmin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 55

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Mershi Duween View Post
One of the few pieces that's really loved on GS that actually lives up to the hype.
Oh yeah?? Can't wait to get my mits on the unit bro! Do you have one ? or two or racks lol? Is it your workhorse or do you work with anything else?
#8
4th May 2012
Old 4th May 2012
  #8
Gear Head
 
pzp9999's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 61

The first higher end thing I bought was a MP 500NV. Now I have two and I love them. Ive had them for a few years and still find new reasons to appreciate them every time they get used. I dig the di for bass. They produce a really deep but focused kick sound. It seems like you hear what it would feel like to put your head inside the kick! It makes my mpc60 sound huge. Its fine for vocals too. Unlike alot of others on here....I don't dig it with the sm7. Every time I try it sounds too dark and doesn't beat other options. Maybe my sm7 is broke? It definitely has plenty of gain. Maybe the amp wasn't plugged in?

I don't usually hear much of a difference when it comes to using the LOAD button but the impedance but can be cool sometimes. I used to use it more but nowadays I hear it as wrong in more applications more than I used to.

Definitely a cool pre that I think you're gonna love!

Sent from my DROIDX using Gearslutz App
#9
4th May 2012
Old 4th May 2012
  #9
Gear maniac
 
Oldschoolwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: New York and Charleston SC Un-ited States
Posts: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by princecharmin View Post
Oldschool.. what converter and comp you dealing with over there? Also, what model/brand is that cart?? Do you mean like the DJ setups kind of thing, a coffin with a built in rack??

Right now I keep the macbook pro docked to a sweet monitor, where I have the Duet, Duende, my Externals setup. Then I have a rack on the ground next to the desk where the furmans are, and great river, and comp 54 will be.

Right now it's just a heavy duty black luggage cart, fold-able with rubber pneumatic wheels like you can find in many shops. I'm using an RME interface, and usually have my 1968 and a pair of EL8-Xs. The case is a fairly inexpensive Gator one as it doesn't get beat up, I have a top shelf/draw assembly that can slide out the laptop. I wouldn't mind one with a flip top to access a laptop though. I have some bungee straps which hold a few K&M stands inside a small duffel bag to the side of the rack. It's not too bad, even on the train. Hauling the mic cases can add a bit too it, but packing the cases in a gym bag and strapping them to the top usually works well.
princecharmin
Thread Starter
#10
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
  #10
Gear Head
 
princecharmin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 55

Thread Starter
GR = SEX. I did some tracks tonight with my girl.. punch, clarity, every word that is already used to describe this box is what its done. Best thing I've copped in a while!
#11
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
  #11
Lives for gear
 
kidvybes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Banana Republic
Posts: 3,568

...I love my GR ME-1NV for vocal tracking...I run mine thru a Safe Sound P1 for the comp/limiter section...if you want an incredibly affordable tube condenser mic to go with your home setup, check out the Stellar CM-6 (great alternative to the SM7 at around the same pricepoint!)...superb clarity, detail and a very modern sheen, great on Pop/RnB tracks, and it won't break the bank...high-end sound doesn't have to cost high-end dollars...
princecharmin
Thread Starter
#12
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
  #12
Gear Head
 
princecharmin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 55

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidvybes View Post
...I love my GR ME-1NV for vocal tracking...I run mine thru a Safe Sound P1 for the comp/limiter section...if you want an incredibly affordable tube condenser mic to go with your home setup, check out the Stellar CM-6 (great alternative to the SM7 at around the same pricepoint!)...superb clarity, detail and a very modern sheen, great on Pop/RnB tracks, and it won't break the bank...high-end sound doesn't have to cost high-end dollars...
Reggae, I've definitely heard some good things about the Safe Sound P1.. Is it a character unit or is it supposed to be clean?? Right now I have the Comp 54 from GAP, which has a nice smooth kind of creamy sound to it. Definitely loving it for vocals but I found I loved her voice when I went straight in with the GR and then touched it with the Waves 1176 fed into a Softube CL1b.. After stacking 6 takes, panning 2 left, 2 right, and 2 in the center.. WHOA. Fullness!!!! Even her eyes lit up when I played it back, and she said after working with a few producers she's never heard her voice that phat with so much clarity.

I'm definitely going to check out the CM-6.. I think its about time for me to get a condenser anyway.. I was looking at the Kel Audio series, some oktavamod stuff, and I was thinking of trying the u87 clone from JJ audio as well... Maybe even the Neumann TLM 102, but even that ones more of a lust to have that Neumann sound than anything.. Right now the sm7 is holding it down for me though! Do you have any synths or drum machines you use with your GR?
#13
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
  #13
Lives for gear
 
kidvybes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Banana Republic
Posts: 3,568

Quote:
Originally Posted by princecharmin View Post
Reggae, I've definitely heard some good things about the Safe Sound P1.. Is it a character unit or is it supposed to be clean?? Right now I have the Comp 54 from GAP, which has a nice smooth kind of creamy sound to it. Definitely loving it for vocals but I found I loved her voice when I went straight in with the GR and then touched it with the Waves 1176 fed into a Softube CL1b.. After stacking 6 takes, panning 2 left, 2 right, and 2 in the center.. WHOA. Fullness!!!! Even her eyes lit up when I played it back, and she said after working with a few producers she's never heard her voice that phat with so much clarity.

I'm definitely going to check out the CM-6.. I think its about time for me to get a condenser anyway.. I was looking at the Kel Audio series, some oktavamod stuff, and I was thinking of trying the u87 clone from JJ audio as well... Maybe even the Neumann TLM 102, but even that ones more of a lust to have that Neumann sound than anything.. Right now the sm7 is holding it down for me though! Do you have any synths or drum machines you use with your GR?
...the Safe Sound P1 is a very smooth and subtle piece, with 3 compression circuits working in a chain, not unlike the FMR RNC, but with more body/fullness...I only compress slightly going in on most vocals, so I didn't want anything with too much character...there's a good description here:
Safe Sound P1

...no doubt, the GR makes the most out of your microphone's potential...I've had good success with the SM7 as well...but if you want that very shiny, "radio-ready" modern finish on your vocals, the CM-6 will deliver...great on stacked BG vocals too...I've had the KEL HM-7U and the Song Sparrow (which I'm currently selling) and still have an HM-2D...I also had the JJ V67 with the U87 mod...the CM-6 has a clarity/detail that elevates it from those options, a bit more like the TLM-102 (but even better)...and a very workable proximity effect that makes "in-your-face" vocals easy to achieve...I have had great success tracking vocals with the tube mics from Stellar and Advanced Audio...exceptional value to be found in both lines, IMHO...and I credit the GR for really bringing out the best in all of my mic options...
#14
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
  #14
Gear interested
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 7

I had the GR ME-1NV and sold it many moons ago...wish I could turn back the clock as it was one hell of a sound I can't reproduce. Sounded like pure iron!
Baz
#15
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
  #15
Baz
Lives for gear
 
Baz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver BC, Canada
Posts: 1,833

Quote:
Originally Posted by alligator View Post
I sold my MP-2NV sure I'm nuts but my API 512c is Infinitely better than the great river mic pre. I actually had to turn the gain on both channels with the MP-2NV all the way up as far as it would go just so that I could get my cab mic'd. API's have more gain.
Nope. Your unit was faulty. There's tons of headroom and gain with the GR - especially for a mic'd up cab!

Your unit had to have had an issue. I've used the MP2NV right beside API. No problems with insufficient gain, at all.

OP: congrats on a great purchase. As already mentioned, this unit lives up to the hype
#16
9th May 2012
Old 9th May 2012
  #16
Lives for gear
 
dandeurloo's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 1,560
My Recordings/Credits

Yeah, GR is one of the companies that do live up to the hype! All of the GR pres are really great. The ones in the mix master are shocking how cool they are. Different then the 2NV but really cool as well.

Have fun, its one piece of gear you will always be able to trust and hold on to!
princecharmin
Thread Starter
#17
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
  #17
Gear Head
 
princecharmin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 55

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandeurloo View Post
Yeah, GR is one of the companies that do live up to the hype! All of the GR pres are really great. The ones in the mix master are shocking how cool they are. Different then the 2NV but really cool as well.

Have fun, its one piece of gear you will always be able to trust and hold on to!
I'm slowly seeing that.. been tracking my MPC 4000, and damn.. I never knew it could get so chunky. My kicks n snares just had a "pop" to them they didnt have, and a weight that was not there before. I usually had to stack many samples to get a similar effect, but the fidelity was nowhere the same as it was running them through the great river. Its definitely a piece I won't part with, ANYTIME soon.. I love my GR, so I'm thinking my next piece will be that Stellar CM-6 mic, I'm loving these samples that Reggae sent over... Thick n present, damn that mic seems like a steal.
#18
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
  #18
Lives for gear
 
deft_bonz's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 4,946
My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by alligator View Post
I sold my MP-2NV sure I'm nuts but my API 512c is Infinitely better than the great river mic pre. I actually had to turn the gain on both channels with the MP-2NV all the way up as far as it would go just so that I could get my cab mic'd. API's have more gain.
API has 65 dB gain
GR ha 60 dB gain plus 10 dB output

I guess it was a user error or a defective pre
#19
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
  #19
Lives for gear
 
deft_bonz's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 4,946
My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by princecharmin View Post
I'm slowly seeing that.. been tracking my MPC 4000, and damn.. I never knew it could get so chunky. My kicks n snares just had a "pop" to them they didnt have, and a weight that was not there before. I usually had to stack many samples to get a similar effect, but the fidelity was nowhere the same as it was running them through the great river. Its definitely a piece I won't part with, ANYTIME soon.. I love my GR, so I'm thinking my next piece will be that Stellar CM-6 mic, I'm loving these samples that Reggae sent over... Thick n present, damn that mic seems like a steal.
You should try the Germ Pre for kicks and basses before sampling into the MPC
princecharmin
Thread Starter
#20
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
  #20
Gear Head
 
princecharmin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 55

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
You should try the Germ Pre for kicks and basses before sampling into the MPC
Was thinking the same thing... run my samples or whatever i was working on through the GR, and then back into the MPC then back out the GR. I notice the GR has a reallllly low noise floor.. omg i put 70dbs of gain behind my girl when she recorded with the sm7 and i could hear NO noise... A wonderful pre.. I have serious gearlust for this thing
#21
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
  #21
Gear interested
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 3

#22
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
  #22
Lives for gear
 
deft_bonz's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 4,946
My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by princecharmin View Post
Was thinking the same thing... run my samples or whatever i was working on through the GR, and then back into the MPC then back out the GR. I notice the GR has a reallllly low noise floor.. omg i put 70dbs of gain behind my girl when she recorded with the sm7 and i could hear NO noise... A wonderful pre.. I have serious gearlust for this thing
You can't go wrong with the GR. That's why we have two of them, for stereo synth sounds One day I'll get a second Germ pre
princecharmin
Thread Starter
#23
14th May 2012
Old 14th May 2012
  #23
Gear Head
 
princecharmin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 55

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
You can't go wrong with the GR. That's why we have two of them, for stereo synth sounds One day I'll get a second Germ pre
How do the germs compare??? As far as sound goes, I'm really only familiar with the SSL & Neve sound... I want to get into API and then a 4th, maybe a pacifica or a germ.. The pacificas and germs I heard are different than the neve/api and have their own flavor. Not sure what they'd be described as, but I've heard they are solid in their own right. Right now i want to keep things as simple as I can for my home/mobile setup and what little space I have. I essentially got the GR so i can quality recordings at home to then mix or bring to a larger studio, with all the slutty toys available, but have good quality sounding stuff to start with. When I move I want to dedicate an entire room to my lab and do all the sound treatment possible, SLUt the f** out of the room with some nice vintage toys as well, and most likely get a vintage allen/heath or soundcraft board patched to some nice comps/pres n definitely expand the mic locker.
#24
15th May 2012
Old 15th May 2012
  #24
Gear maniac
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 155

The impedence and loading switches on the GR also give it some good tonality variation. With my tlm67, the impedence switch adds a little mid-forward clarity when I want it, and the loading switch gives a cleaner, slightly less saturated tone. They're not big tone changes, but can be just what the Dr. ordered.

Enjoy!
Lee
#25
15th May 2012
Old 15th May 2012
  #25
Lives for gear
 
dandeurloo's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 1,560
My Recordings/Credits

Onan, good point. I noticed depending on what mic you are using the impudence switch will have a larger difference. So try int on a few of them.
#26
15th May 2012
Old 15th May 2012
  #26
Gear maniac
 
Oldschoolwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: New York and Charleston SC Un-ited States
Posts: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by princecharmin View Post
GR = SEX. I did some tracks tonight with my girl.. punch, clarity, every word that is already used to describe this box is what its done. Best thing I've copped in a while!
Congrats man! great piece of kit! Glad you're enjoying it! ~m.
#27
15th May 2012
Old 15th May 2012
  #27
Lives for gear
 
deft_bonz's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 4,946
My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by princecharmin View Post
How do the germs compare??? As far as sound goes, I'm really only familiar with the SSL & Neve sound... I want to get into API and then a 4th, maybe a pacifica or a germ.. The pacificas and germs I heard are different than the neve/api and have their own flavor. Not sure what they'd be described as, but I've heard they are solid in their own right. Right now i want to keep things as simple as I can for my home/mobile setup and what little space I have. I essentially got the GR so i can quality recordings at home to then mix or bring to a larger studio, with all the slutty toys available, but have good quality sounding stuff to start with. When I move I want to dedicate an entire room to my lab and do all the sound treatment possible, SLUt the f** out of the room with some nice vintage toys as well, and most likely get a vintage allen/heath or soundcraft board patched to some nice comps/pres n definitely expand the mic locker.
Nice, you've got some plans

The Germanium pres compare to the GR delivering a fatter sound, especially with the "Thick" button. It sounds like it emphasis the low end. It can also deliver nice distorted sounds, when cranking the "Feedback" knob. I use it with synths or basses that needs a warm push in the low end, or just some nastiness.

The GR is cleaner and softer, compared to the Germ (there are for sure cleaner pres), and delivers a little more punch. Funny is that cranking the Germ feels normal to me, while cranking the GR rarely crosses my mind.

I can't compare both to SSL and Neve, as I don't know them. The Germ has definitely its own sound. Maybe you should consider along your colorful pres also a clean one. But different mics will give you more sound options than different pres. The differences between my 3 pres are obvious but slightly, it's not like day and night.
princecharmin
Thread Starter
#28
15th May 2012
Old 15th May 2012
  #28
Gear Head
 
princecharmin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 55

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
Nice, you've got some plans

The Germanium pres compare to the GR delivering a fatter sound, especially with the "Thick" button. It sounds like it emphasis the low end. It can also deliver nice distorted sounds, when cranking the "Feedback" knob. I use it with synths or basses that needs a warm push in the low end, or just some nastiness.
Heard some sweet things about that THICK button... Definitely want to try it out at this studio I frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
I can't compare both to SSL and Neve, as I don't know them. The Germ has definitely its own sound. Maybe you should consider along your colorful pres also a clean one. But different mics will give you more sound options than different pres. The differences between my 3 pres are obvious but slightly, it's not like day and night.
SSL to me is what I would consider clean.. but some would consider them sterile being that the general consensus is usually that "color" is better. SSL to me honestly (in my short experience with API) is almost like colorless API. It has the same punch n sweet mids, but without the transformer based color. Right now for clean I use my Duet pres, which are pretty good for onboard preamps, as they have a pretty low noise floor even @ high gain. I've used them at 65-70db with no problems at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
The GR is cleaner and softer, compared to the Germ (there are for sure cleaner pres), and delivers a little more punch. Funny is that cranking the Germ feels normal to me, while cranking the GR rarely crosses my mind.
You consider the GR soft??? I'm guessing because you don't really drive it huh? I honestly never use mine under 40-45db of input gain.. I love the color it gives my synths, MPC, and mics. Its just that the output I feel doesn't give me enough juice to get a great signal without driving the input.. So I'm always at a bit of color. The Pre-73 & SSL Alpha Channel I had allowed me to use low gain and blast the input.. The 10db the GR has on its outputs just isn't enough to me to thoroughly drive the output while keeping the input low.. Go figure.. The GR just doesn't come across as soft to me. I can push that thing to the limit baby!
princecharmin
Thread Starter
#29
15th May 2012
Old 15th May 2012
  #29
Gear Head
 
princecharmin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 55

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onan View Post
The impedence and loading switches on the GR also give it some good tonality variation. With my tlm67, the impedence switch adds a little mid-forward clarity when I want it, and the loading switch gives a cleaner, slightly less saturated tone. They're not big tone changes, but can be just what the Dr. ordered.

Enjoy!
Lee
Definitely noticed this.. everytime I hook up a different source, I hit every button (except phantom, omg) to see what type of sound it gives me. Amazing how a few of them at once sounds, and how a kick or snare can use diff settings to get that magic tone. This thing is as serious as the hype, definitely..
#30
15th May 2012
Old 15th May 2012
  #30
Lives for gear
 
janjaal's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 589

GR mp 500 is my go to pre, i use it for everything, vocals, acoustic guitar, percussion, bass, and electric guitar.
i just love this unit, cuz it's easy to achieve the sound i'm lookin for..
i haven't used the comp54 with this pre, but i used it with gap pre and loop processed some stuff thru it, and it sounded very good. i'm pretty sure it's gonna be a good combo with the GR pre.
i personally use little devil EQ and Comp after my GR pre but that's a $2200 investment intself and is not comparable with the comp54.
one of the members mentioned that he didn't like the GR with the sm7. i totally agree with him, well i personally don't like the sm7 that much either. and i don't think it's the GR pre and sm7 combo, it's just the taste on the sm7. however i have a client who sounds amazing only on sm7. i guess this mic is not for everyone.
the main microphones i use for vocals are neumann tlm49 and modded m-audio sputnik.
for percussion and guitars i use akg 414 xls.. all with the GR pre
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
pan60 / So much gear, so little time!
68
SoniqKwality / So much gear, so little time!
7
polysoniq / Rap + Hip Hop engineering & production
10
tarnationsauce / So much gear, so little time!
4
Marrone / High end
23

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.