Originally Posted by rashadrm@hotmai
I'M ABOUT TO PURCHASE A PAIR OF VINTECH'S
X73I'S ARE A COUPLE HUNDRED LESS
HAS ANYONE HEARD BOTH ?
I KNOW THE EQ HAS MORE MID BANDS ON THE 73I
ANY REAL DIFFERENCE IN SOUND ?
1) The preamps sound the same when comparing the units to each other, at identical gain settings.
2) The EQ's sound the same at the same frequency points
3) The X73i has more EQ points in the mids, less in the highs. The X73 has more points in the highs, and less in the mids.
4) The X73i (yes the less expensive unit) has impedance switching (300 or 1200 ohms), the X73 is set permanently @ 1200ohms. 1200 ohms sounds more open and airy in general, 300 ohms sounds more focused and thicker.
5) Both units use the same external PSU that is required to use the units. The PSU is not 'included', as there are already some people who own a Vintech and a PSU, and don't need another PSU.
6) One Vintech PSU can run approx 3-4 of either unit, or any combination of them.