Login / Register

How are y'all buying new music?
New Reply
Subscribe
10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Gear Head

To my own surprise I've lately found myself listening to a LOT of music on Spotify.

I opted for the premium subscription giving me higher resolution *cough* whatever *cough* streaming and it's really wonderful being able to listen to whole albums you just heard someone mention (here on gs for example) in decent quality.

Then if I like what I hear I order the CD, especially for albums where the sound intrigues me more than the music (even better if both is the case).

Previously I did the same kinda thing using iTunes buying the music there then buying the CD if I wanted the best possible quality but Spotify saves me quite a few bucks and the instant play is really really great. Also good to have in the studio if you have a client go "make it sound like xyz" ...
10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Gear interested

Seriously, check out spotify!!! You say iTunes is convenient?! Hah. Spotify is THE way to listen to any music in the world just by clicking on it. And best of all is that it's streaming the audio so you don't have to waste any space to store it! All your playlists and listening history easily accessible on any computer/cellphone! Perfect "genius" style radio function aswell!
10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Lives for gear

Planned purchase, I buy the CD. Usually at a music store.

Impulse purchases, iTunes.
10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Lives for gear

I buy a lot, vinyls and cassettes!
10th May 2012
Old 10th May 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmusmarshagen View Post
Seriously, check out spotify!!! You say iTunes is convenient?! Hah. Spotify is THE way to listen to any music in the world just by clicking on it. And best of all is that it's streaming the audio so you don't have to waste any space to store it! All your playlists and listening history easily accessible on any computer/cellphone! Perfect "genius" style radio function aswell!
Just remember to check that "High quality streaming" checkbox in Preferences!
Which I found... after a year or so...
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
Lives for gear

If I want to check out an artist I will use iTunes to buy an entire album and then if I like it I will generally buy vinyl. I havnt brouht a CD for years
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Mainly downloads. CDs since a long time no.
11th May 2012
Old 11th May 2012
Lives for gear

I find new music via spotify and using shazam, then iTunes it. I too have become too lazy to go even to Target, let alone an independent music store for CD's. I've been entrapped by the future.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search