Originally Posted by Chris Peters
Yes, but without sampling rate conversion! I am not sure if this is needed for your applications?
I just have recognized that the information in this thread posted from my side is very old. So, I am glad to inform all of you that we will release a follow-up product of the above mentioned one, which is called MC-4
The MC-4 will be available in first quarter of 2009. Maybe it is an alternative for you.
Originally Posted by Jim Williams
Where can US buyers find it and how much$$$?
It's been hard trying to get some US info on this product. It seems perfect!
Right now I am using a Mackie d8b as a format converter. I have held on to it for quite some time but it will soon be going bye-bye after I get 4 more pres.
Anything else out there besides the:
RME ADI-4 DD
Seems like there are some limitations to the Aphex 144 but I work at 24bit/48khz and clock everything via wordclock coming from a Rosetta 800.
I Really like the features of the Mutec Unit.
ADAT™-AES3-S/PDIF Digital Audio Format & Sampling
Rate Converter The MC-4 is a high performance digital multichannel audio format and sampling rate converter for ADAT™, AES3 and S/P-DIF.
The MC-4 converts ADAT™, AES3 and S/P-DIF digital multichannel audio signals whereas uni- and bidirectional conversion modes are available. All digital audio signals can be processed up to 192.0kHz including SMUX2 and SMUX4 support for ADAT™conversions with higher clock rates than 48.0kHz. Based on latest FPGA designs, the MC-4 achieves levels of performance regarding its signal quality, unique flexibility and clocking features, which are outstanding in today’s industry!
• ADAT™, AES/EBU and S/P-DIF interfaces working in one box.
• Format and sampling rate conversions up to 192.0kHz.
• SMUX2 and SMUX4 support for ADAT™conversions.
• Signal improvement through audiophil-optimized PLL synthesizers.
• Extremely flexible synchronization options.
• Separate AES11 reference clock input for e.g. broadcast use.
• Converts standalone and bidirectionally with different sampling rates: X-SRC.
• 16 channel sampling rate conversion engine (SRC) for bidirectional conversions.
• Continuous signal supply in absence of the reference audio or clock signal.
• Runs standalone in all SRC operation modes without needing an external
master clock reference.
• AES11, Grade 1, internal reference clock (0.5ppm).
• Word Clock output useable as master clock reference.
• Easy configurable.
• User settings will be stored in FLASH memory after switching-off.
• Rack space saving ½ 19” case allowing for mounting two devices side by side
in one rack unit.
• Built-in international power supply.