introducing the Tonelux "Configulizer" - automated graphical system configurator
GilWave
10th May 2006
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

introducing the Tonelux "Configulizer" - automated graphical system configurator

Our good friend and valued employee Greg Roehrich has been diligently slaving away these past few weeks on a nice, simple, visual configuration system for putting together and pricing a Tonelux solution.

Using a graphic representation of the Tonelux VRACK and all 14 current Tonelux modules, you can easily drag-and-drop EQs, Mic Pres, Input Line Mixers, Summing solutions, Talkback, Control Room Monitoring and more to your heart's content.

Create your "dream rig" and get real-time pricing as you add modules or reconfigure your selection until you've got the perfect Tonelux solution. You may want to leave some room in the rack for a 3rd Party module or two as well.

This current rev is final Beta, for Gearslutz only right now. Play with it all you like, but please - if you see or come across something klunky or kludgy, PM me with details so we can clean it up.

Consider it a "Tonelux Test Drive". Wave Distribution proudly presents...

<a href="http://www.tonelux.com/configulizer.html">The Configulizer</a><br><br>...start your engines!

-gil
10th May 2006
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

10th May 2006
Old 10th May 2006
Gear addict

This is exactly what was needed!!!!!

Bobby Peru
Milwaukee, WI
10th May 2006
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

now just redesign it so i can choose how many racks i want, where i want to put them, and add the faders and automation and you'll have a winner.
10th May 2006
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaneldon
now just redesign it so i can choose how many racks i want, where i want to put them, and add the faders and automation and you'll have a winner.
Pretty good start!

Multi racks would be cool, but it might be easier in the short term to allow us a way to save the image of a rack; then config another one. Perhaps I am "computer challenged"? The images could be edited togeter easily. Please remember a lot of folks are trying to start small and build to something larger.

Faders and fader racks are a must also.
GilWave
10th May 2006
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaneldon
Thank you!!

Coming in Rev 2.0...

Multi-VRACK configuration. Pre-drilled side panels to create "buckets" of 3 or 4 VRACKS (a la Jimmy Messina pics). Chose amount of side panels, drop in 3 or 4 completed VRACKS per panel.

Choose manual or automated faders, insert fader packs into front of each bucket.

Add your choice of wood side and top panels, leather bolster, and viola! - custom Tonelux console.

Implementing the patchbays and wiring, 2.5 or 3.0.

Keep the feedback coming folks, and thanks!!

-gil
10th May 2006
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

coolest. company. ever.
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilWave
Thank you!!

Coming in Rev 2.0...

Multi-VRACK configuration. Pre-drilled side panels to create "buckets" of 3 or 4 VRACKS (a la Jimmy Messina pics). Chose amount of side panels, drop in 3 or 4 completed VRACKS per panel.

Choose manual or automated faders, insert fader packs into front of each bucket.

Add your choice of wood side and top panels, leather bolster, and viola! - custom Tonelux console.

Implementing the patchbays and wiring, 2.5 or 3.0.

-gil
How about a way to (practically) save the configured image in v2?
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilWave

-gil

Hi Gil,

One thing is missing...

The Haggler algorhithm.

You know where one can put what one wants to pay after you get the final price.

Last edited by thethrillfactor; 11th May 2006 at 02:06 AM..
GilWave
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O
How about a way to (practically) save the configured image in v2?
Save and print, yes.

I also am looking into making it so you could plot out an entire console layout on an E-size plotter - if you've got the paper and the ink, I'd like you to have that functionality.

Keep it coming...

-gil
GilWave
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor
Hi Gil, One thing is missing...

The Haggler algorhithm.

Right on! It could be the "Crazy Eddie" algorithm. Or perhaps - the "Brian Lucey" algorithm - you get a quote as close to wholesale as possible, but the dealer gets fired just before you buy it!

HAHAHAHAHA - LOL! (I know, I know - cheap shot - but I had to take it.)

Anyway - Fletcher of all people taught me not to haggle - "goods worth price charged" - and since y'all love Fletcher so much [ducking] we'll use the Mercenary algorithm.

-gil, looking for a flame-proof suit
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006
Gear addict

Cool.

When you mouse-over the modules to figure out what each module is, the popup is a bit small and hard to read.
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvanveen
Cool.

When you mouse-over the modules to figure out what each module is, the popup is a bit small and hard to read.
I noticed that tonight showing it to a customer on my 12" G4. I thought I was getting older because I couldn't read it, then realized that I was older and simply can't read anyway, so I had him read it... It will be changed...
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006
Head of Bumping Security (B.S)

Cool stuff man! I didn't see the Remote Controlled Mic Pres on the Configulator. Are you still doing the remote controlled mic pres?

Just add $100 to each module?

I need to get properly Remote Controlified and Toneulated!

Those eq's look sweet too.

Last edited by jdunn; 11th May 2006 at 07:51 AM..
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006
Gear Guru

very cool! worked well...except that the $$ amount kept reading something that i can't afford.
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunn
The EQs are sweet.
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunn
Cool stuff man! I didn't see the Remote Controlled Mic Pres on the Configulator. Are you still doing the remote controlled mic pres?

Just add $100 to each module?

I need to get properly Remote Controlified and Toneulated!

We have something else coming instead that replaces the remote pre, and it will be a shockulizer...
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

can i work for tonelux? i'm really good at coming up with clever "urators", "alizers", "ulators", etc.

and i like consoles and innovative companies.

give me $70k a year with benefits and i'll just do installs and some light sales. great deal.
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

Sweet! The interface looks cool... So when does the RTAS version start shipping?
GilWave
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by subspace
Sweet! The interface looks cool... So when does the RTAS version start shipping?
Funny you should ask...
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneLux
We have something else coming instead that replaces the remote pre, and it will be a shockulizer...
Hmmmmm.......? I wonder what that could be? Feel free to drop me a PM if you'd like.

I promise to keep it a secret.

I liked the idea of putting the mic pres in the live room (or on stage), and controlling them with a laptop (Mac OS X in my case).

Seemed like an elegant solution. There are other remote controlled mic pres on the market, but I'm not crazy about most of them.

With remote controllable mic pres, I'm not subject to the shoddy patchbay and snakes at whatever studio I'm tracking at. At least not for the mic runs.

I love it when I walk in and they've got a huge lump of cables on the floor for me to "patch in".
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

it will be easier, more compact and will work on a network or direct, just wait and see...
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneLux
it will be easier, more compact and.......
..........Cheaper?
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006
Gear addict

Paul, to do 16x2 summing it's possible to use 6 TX-FX2 and 2 TX-FX2+ or 8 TX-FX2 and a SM2 :
what are the sonic differences between the SM2 and FX2+?
11th May 2006
Old 11th May 2006
Gear maniac

Another thing that it would be cool to have in v2 of this is like a 'preset' that will setup a couple of buckets for you in a base config and you can customize it from there. Might be useful for some of us who arent well versed in console design!

Also: maybe have links in the pop-up description of modules to the module page, which gives the fuller description.

This is cool though, and gives a much better feel of how the pricing structure works. This seems like much more of an affordable option for me after playing with this toy a bit!
GilWave
12th May 2006
Old 12th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiguru
Another thing that it would be cool to have in v2 of this is like a 'preset' that will setup a couple of buckets for you in a base config and you can customize it from there. Might be useful for some of us who arent well versed in console design!
Good idea - so like 3 or 4 empty VRACKs aleady in a bucket, and you start to fill them to build you console from there? I like it.

Quote:
Also: maybe have links in the pop-up description of modules to the module page, which gives the fuller description.
It does that now, if you click on the module name it pops up the individual spec sheet on that particular module.

Thanks for the feedback.

-g
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search