Most expensive/largest mixing console?
Old 29th August 2011
Gear interested

Most expensive/largest mixing console?

The current largest/most expensive I could find was the Sony Oxford (OXF-R3)

Any ones that can rival that?
Old 29th August 2011
Lives for gear

Do they even make that thing anymore? What a used one going for? Pennies on the dollar, maybe nickels on the dollar.
Old 29th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutiarman0831 View Post

Ams-Neve 88RS with scoring panel, stem maker, joystick pan option and expanded patch.
Old 29th August 2011
Lives for gear

Old 29th August 2011
Banned

Probably the Focusrite desk.
Old 29th August 2011
Old 29th August 2011
Lives for gear

Old 29th August 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Ams-Neve 88RS with scoring panel, stem maker, joystick pan option and expanded patch.
Old 29th August 2011
Gear nut

Quote:
Our friend Nigel Heath has a £1,000,000+ Custom made Neve MMC. It's obviously serving him well!
Old 29th August 2011
Lives for gear

Probably well beaten by now, but years ago Ward Beck had the record for the largest console ever built. That particualr console went to France.
Old 30th August 2011
Lives for gear

I'm talking about on a cost per channel basis! You could easy spec a Neve DFC to well over £1million!
2000+ channels at 384kbps........

The Warner 88RS was over a million £'s!

On a per channel basis what is more expensive than an 88RS with SP2 and Stem maker?
Old 30th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DITN View Post
Our friend Nigel Heath has a £1,000,000+ Custom made Neve MMC. It's obviously serving him well!
Nigel's console was £1million??? It's an MMC, I know its been expanded but what cards does he have in it?
Old 30th August 2011
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
wasn't the forte console like a million+?
Old 30th August 2011
Gear nut

Quote:
Nigel's console was £1million??? It's an MMC, I know its been expanded but what cards does he have in it?
I'm not sure, I don't know a lot about it, but I know he asked Neve to add an SSL-type routing matrix at the top of each channel. It's a one of a kind, that MMC
Old 30th August 2011
Lives for gear
There are some very large desks manufactured over time. It is hard to compare those desks based on price as there are big differences in time between them.

The Focusrite Forte was a very expensive desk. But brought Focusrite fame and fortune.

SSL has delivered big big desks to many studios.
AMS Neve did the same.
Harrison
MCI
D&R
ADT

But in the day Philips and Sony made their own large format consoles based on being a "in house" affair.

Such big big rooms are one offs and rare. But everytime a new city gets the olympic plays another of those big desks is ordered.

But nowadays it often is a Studer Vista or alike. Many many channels, but a (relatively) small desk with severall layers.
Old 30th August 2011
Old 30th August 2011
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksure View Post
Probably well beaten by now, but years ago Ward Beck had the record for the largest console ever built. That particualr console went to France.

Quite correct Tony K. It went to Pathe in a total of three trans-atlantic shipping containers. But that was many years ago, and it was deed horribly expensive even by todays dollar conversion.
Old 30th August 2011
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutiarman0831 View Post

dunno

saw a picture in a magazine this month
looked like they had close to 400++ channels
Old 30th August 2011
Lives for gear

Some amazing consoles here!
Old 30th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Beck View Post
Quite correct Tony K. It went to Pathe in a total of three trans-atlantic shipping containers. But that was many years ago, and it was deed horribly expensive even by todays dollar conversion.
Actually Warren I don't deserve any credit for presenting that information, as I had only remembered reading it in a WBS preservation thread where you had posted that fact. I was only a "Parrot" repeater.
Old 31st August 2011
Lives for gear

This 24 carat gold plated Atari 2600 is the most expensive console I have ever seen.
It's also a vintage unit, actually built in the 70's, just like all 80xx series Neves.

(sorry, couldn't resist )
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search