MixDream 2384 Output control
Old 23rd March 2006
Gear addict

MixDream 2384 Output control

So I have a loaner MixDream 2384... and I'm feeding the stereo output to an SSL G384.. and would like to lower the gain to the SSL. The manual says the Output knob should allow -19dB of gain.. and shows a picture of a knob which seems appropriate. The unit I have has only + and - 3dB of gain on the Output knob. Is this an old unit?

Thanks,

Rail
Old 23rd March 2006
Gear addict

hey, you actually have the new unit with stepped attenuators instead of potentiometers, it is supposed to sound better. i had the same problems at the beginning , the output from Mixdream was sometimes too hot for my DBX160SL, now i use the master insert where you have -6db range and bypass switch which comes handy.
I also noticed that Mixdream works best when its not pushed too hard, i try to keep the output level in -6db range. I leave the attenuators at 0 db and mix with lower levels.
Old 23rd March 2006
Gear addict

Yeah... looks like I'm going to have to realign the 192's if I want my faders to be where they belong.

It would be nice if there was a calibration mode for the MixDream. They could use a dual LED system -- when the level is 1.228V both LED's are lit... a higher voltage and the top LED is lit, a lower voltage and the bottom LED is lit.

Thanks

Rail
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search