is it better to put compressors and eqs direct to a track or send then with aux?
jcche19
22nd January 2011
Old 22nd January 2011
Gear Head

is it better to put compressors and eqs direct to a track or send then with aux?

for exaple if you double your voice .. do you want comp and eq in every vocal track or send them throught one stereo aux channel ? i was wondering if have less effect in the aux channel or is the same if the aux is set to 0...
or is aux better for reverb.. and the rest direct to the track ? please let me know thanks!
22nd January 2011
Old 22nd January 2011
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcche19 View Post
for exaple if you double your voice .. do you want comp and eq in every vocal track or send them throught one stereo aux channel ? i was wondering if have less effect in the aux channel or is the same if the aux is set to 0...
or is aux better for reverb.. and the rest direct to the track ? please let me know thanks!
The aux is usually used for FX.... and maybe for parallel compression....

If you have overdubs... lets say...4 vocal tracks, send them to a group and then EQ and compress the group... I usually record vocals with a compressor during the tracking process... because each vocal take will have differences in the dynamic range and usually you want consistence... so, the particular dynamics of the tracks were controlled during the tracking.... so now you just need the "glue".... so, use a compressor in the Group....

At least that's what I do....

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search