Help me understand how to add a mix bus compressor
New Reply
Subscribe
Scott Whigham
21st January 2011
Old 21st January 2011
Lives for gear

Help me understand how to add a mix bus compressor

I'm a newbie guy at mixing but, after playing with plugs for a few months, I decided to take the plunge and buy one of the dual LA2As (thanks for the help in deciding!). It should be here next week and I need to add it into the chain - and the "how" part is where I just need some clarification.

Right now I have a LavryBlue with four channels of A/D and two channels of D/A. This is perfect for tracking instrumental guitar pieces that I do.

To add in the mix bus compressors (dual mono), I think I need two more channels of D/A - route this as an insert on the master fader out to the compressors send through one D/A module, then back out from the compressors into an A/D module, then back into the D/A for monitoring. To do that, I need another D/A module.

Is that correct? I'm not averse to selling the Lavry units and getting something else that would have more flexibility in the future.

Gear: LavryBlue, Lynx AES16e

Thank you for any help

http://www.scottwhigham.com
Scott Whigham
21st January 2011
Old 21st January 2011
Lives for gear

Talked w/ a vendor here locally who confirmed that adding the D/A unit is "correct" for what I want. Ordered another one to put in my Lavry...
21st January 2011
Old 21st January 2011
Lives for gear

I think you git it figured.

send your music mix with 2 channels out of your d/a then go into your compresssors and the back into your a/d into two fresh channels for printing or aux bus on your daw.

www.pandemoniumrecorders.com
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search