Help me understand how to add a mix bus compressor
Scott Whigham
21st January 2011
Old 21st January 2011
Lives for gear

Help me understand how to add a mix bus compressor

I'm a newbie guy at mixing but, after playing with plugs for a few months, I decided to take the plunge and buy one of the dual LA2As (thanks for the help in deciding!). It should be here next week and I need to add it into the chain - and the "how" part is where I just need some clarification.

Right now I have a LavryBlue with four channels of A/D and two channels of D/A. This is perfect for tracking instrumental guitar pieces that I do.

To add in the mix bus compressors (dual mono), I think I need two more channels of D/A - route this as an insert on the master fader out to the compressors send through one D/A module, then back out from the compressors into an A/D module, then back into the D/A for monitoring. To do that, I need another D/A module.

Is that correct? I'm not averse to selling the Lavry units and getting something else that would have more flexibility in the future.

Gear: LavryBlue, Lynx AES16e

Thank you for any help
Scott Whigham
21st January 2011
Old 21st January 2011
Lives for gear

Talked w/ a vendor here locally who confirmed that adding the D/A unit is "correct" for what I want. Ordered another one to put in my Lavry...
21st January 2011
Old 21st January 2011
Lives for gear

I think you git it figured.

send your music mix with 2 channels out of your d/a then go into your compresssors and the back into your a/d into two fresh channels for printing or aux bus on your daw.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search