who bought a liquidchannel?
JonCraig
4th January 2006
Old 4th January 2006
Lives for gear

who bought a liquidchannel?

just morbid curiosity... not asking for opinions or looking to start any more "digitally controlled analog" flame wars. wondering who bought one & if you're as happy with it now as when you bought it. wondering if anyone bought it only to sell it later on.

--jon
5th January 2006
Old 5th January 2006
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonCraig
just morbid curiosity... not asking for opinions or looking to start any more "digitally controlled analog" flame wars. wondering who bought one & if you're as happy with it now as when you bought it. wondering if anyone bought it only to sell it later on.

--jon
didnt buy one, - actually bought two about a year ago, - and is pretty happy with them,
They are linked and running in stereo across the mixbus as insert in Pro Tools.

- dont me, - but I actually like these boxes..
5th January 2006
Old 5th January 2006

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro
didnt buy one, - actually bought two about a year ago, - and is pretty happy with them,
They are linked and running in stereo across the mixbus as insert in Pro Tools.

- dont me, - but I actually like these boxes..
I know many of the "cool" kids don't like 'em (and are pretty vocal about it), but I thought it was versatile and useful when I tried it. Then again, I didn't go in really expecting it to sound exactly like every mic pre on earth, or to be able to actually replace the real thing. Also, my experience with the box is limited, so I don't know how I'd feel after living with it for a while. But in my limited experience, you could get a really wide range of sounds out of it and it seemed like it wouldn't be a bad thing to have around as an option.
5th January 2006
Old 5th January 2006
Lives for gear

one of the studios I work at got one about a year ago. It just sits there. I have used it for scratch vocals. Nothing special to me...useable...overpriced.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search