This is the service at pixmania.com!
RainbowStorm
4th December 2005
Old 4th December 2005
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

This is the service at pixmania.com!

Hi all!

I just want to warn you about buying any technical equipment from www.pixmania.com, because you might end up a little dissapointed! I recently did my first purchase at pixmania.com, I'm deeply regretful about that right know!

I purchased a cheap monitor. Since it was cheap I wanted to know what warranty it had. After browsing for a while and couldn't find the information I needed I found the FAQ. In the FAQ there was a question about what warranty each product has. It said that the manufacturer is responsible for the first warranty year if there is no extra information at the product presentation page and that pixmania.com is responsible for the second warranty year. 1 + 1 = 2, at least so I thought... But I was wrong without knowing it and bought the display. After owning the monitor for a few weeks (about 3) I realised I had got worse vision and wanted to exchange the monitor. I was told to buy a new one, because exchanging the monitor was not an option anymore. So then I wanted to exchange it at another shop and the seller wanted a purchase and warranty proof of at least 2 years before exchanging it. I e-mailed pixmania.com and they soon sent me a short email, half in French, half in Finnish, that the warranty was only 1 year. Then I replied and said, NO, it is two years and pointed towards the answer in the FAQ. Then I got an email where it said the information was wrong in the FAQ and that there was nothing to do about it. Then I said I'll give them one more chance to send me the proof I want, else I will bring the matter further. It took a few days and then came a reply that since the right information is within the legal terms that the customer approve when they buy something I only get a one year warranty.

In other words. If the same information is differently stated on a third place on their shopping site, I should know about that too before I can trust what I read. Pixmania.com thinks it's the customer's responsibility to search for and find the same information on all the places on a web site before he/she can trust the information in case it is wrongly stated on any of them! Pixmania.com thinks that the customer needs to know all the places where the same information might exist and if the customer has missed a place where the information was stated correctly, it's the customer's mistake!

What do I think about this? I think it's a stupid policy and a stupid customer support! I can't believe it's happening and now I have taken the matter further...! I just went to their web site and they haven't even corrected the wrong information at the FAQ yet!!

Guess what I'm thinking...!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search