New Reply
Subscribe
17th May 2010
Old 17th May 2010
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomidijace View Post
Hey guys,
audioMIDI.com is going to be a dealer for Miktek microphones.
We should have the C5, C5MP, C7 - May 17th.
CV4's - May 31st.
Feel free to hit me up with questions.
Cheers,
Jace
Available for order!
Search Results
24th June 2010
Old 24th June 2010
Lives for gear

Why doesn't this company have basic specs readily available for these expensive mics?
29th June 2010
Old 29th June 2010
Gear nut

They are supposed to have a new website up any day now with all of that information and their dealers.
29th June 2010
Old 29th June 2010
Gear nut

In stock

All Miktek mics are now IN STOCK at audioMIDI.com.
Cheers,
Jace
2nd August 2010
Old 2nd August 2010
Gear nut

The new Miktek website is up!

Just an FYI that the new Miktek website is up with tons more info including manuals you can download that show frequency responce charts, etc.
Here at audioMIDI.com we're offering a try-before-you-buy program with the CV4: CV4 Large Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser mic from audioMIDI.com
I can't say enough good things about this mic. I just love mine to death and so far everyone that has bought one just raves about it. Let me know if I can help you out.
Cheers
Jace@audiomidi.com
2nd August 2010
Old 2nd August 2010
Gear Guru

My Recordings/Credits

To be honest with you, I couldn't give two ****s about graph charts. What I really want are vocal samples! Shootouts with the CV4 etc. I'm saying this because I'm in the market for a 251ish mic and I need to hear it before buying it. Unfortunately try before you buy is hard when you live in Canada. I don't think Studio Economik carries it yet.

It's like the expressor, what would be the point of buying it if we couldn't hear what it did to a 2 buss?
3rd August 2010
Old 3rd August 2010
Banned

The graphs for the C7 and the CV4 look almost identical...Do they sound similar?
3rd August 2010
Old 3rd August 2010
Banned

bump
4th August 2010
Old 4th August 2010
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duardo View Post
I wouldn't expect a retailer to name the microphones which are, in the subjective opinion of one (or more) of their employees, not quite as good as another microphone as they likely sell those microphones as well...
But it's funny how, in such a way, 90% of mics manage to be better than 90% of all other mics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duardo View Post
but even if they did, how much more useful would that really be? Wouldn't it always be better to try the microphone out for yourself?
I don't know where you live, but here, trying all the mics on the market isn't an option. If each of us could try everything that comes out, all reviews would be useless. (Not that any of the "this mic is better than its unnamed peers" reviews from sellers is of any use.)
5th August 2010
Old 5th August 2010
Gear Head

Miktek

I happen to know the guy behind the company. I heard about the new mics from an engineer producer in Nashville that has crazy mic locker. He is raving about the CV4. The founder has been around high end mic design and production for a number of years and is respected by the industry's best. Although Miktek is a new company, the design and development is some of the best that we've seen. I've shot out the Mojave, Peluso, Avant and a couple of others and haven't been that excited about anything. According to my contact in Nashville, these new mics by Miktek are hot. I will report back once I've cut a few vocals.
5th August 2010
Old 5th August 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by forjam View Post
I happen to know the guy behind the company. I heard about the new mics from an engineer producer in Nashville that has crazy mic locker. He is raving about the CV4. The founder has been around high end mic design and production for a number of years and is respected by the industry's best. Although Miktek is a new company, the design and development is some of the best that we've seen. I've shot out the Mojave, Peluso, Avant and a couple of others and haven't been that excited about anything. According to my contact in Nashville, these new mics by Miktek are hot. I will report back once I've cut a few vocals.
Well, they've got a picture of John McBride saying "this is IT!". That says a hell of a lot. I've ordered one (unfortunately before I saw this thread, so not from Audio Midi, although I have ordered from them before and been very pleased, didn't know they had this mic, unfortunately, so I've been on a waiting list for a few weeks ). Will post impressions if the mic ever comes in (Slow water).
11th August 2010
Old 11th August 2010
Gear interested

cv4 and sibilance?

How is sibilance with the CV4? Is there are spike in the 4-10k range that seems common with many new mics?

thanks
11th August 2010
Old 11th August 2010
Banned

I demo'd a C7 and literally immediately pulled out my checkbook. Should get mine in my hot little hands tomorrow...The CV4's are weeks away from even demoing and even though some might consider them "better" for vocals, I couldn't stop myself. This is the best sounding mic I've demo'd since the Tele 251V AC. Not saying it sounds like that, but it did remind me of - dare I say - a 67. Sounds like a 67 with a the top end roll taken off. It might be the best acoustic mic I've ever tried. Now who knows - when the CV4 is available to demo, you might see this one in the classifieds - but that would only be saying that the CV4 is effing incredible, because I fell in love with the C7. These are absolutely no joke. No way they stay at the prices they're at now. I'll post some dry examples asap...
11th August 2010
Old 11th August 2010
Lives for gear

12th August 2010
Old 12th August 2010
Lives for gear

Still waiting for mine, already a month past promised. This is the last purchase I will ever make from Sweetwater.
13th August 2010
Old 13th August 2010
Banned

In addition, the innovated head amplifier design features a unique circuit that allows the engineer to switch the capsule bias voltage from +48 to +60 volts. This proprietary circuit implementation essentially provides the mic with two voices; allowing you to choose between a classic and modern microphone. At +48 volts the capsule’s diaphragm is under less tension, so it’s able to react to extremely subtle changes in sound pressure; enabling the microphone to capture the slightest nuances in any performance. When the bias voltage is set to +60 volts, the C7 is extremely accurate and articulate.

Pardon my ignorance, but how would one do that?
13th August 2010
Old 13th August 2010
Jai guru deva om

13th August 2010
Old 13th August 2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
John, you have to open it up and there is a switch inside.

War
Thanks! You tried it, War?
13th August 2010
Old 13th August 2010
Gear maniac

I'm surprised that there is so little info on Miktek around here. I live in Norway and for months now Miktek has been advertised as something REALLY special, comparing them to vintage Neumann's.

So what's it all about? It seems VERY interesting to me (especially the prices) but I get a little worried when all you American slutz haven't even heard about a Nashville based company.
13th August 2010
Old 13th August 2010
Gear Head

Mik Tek shootout vs. Mojave

From norway here aswell.
I got my cv4 yesterday and im gonna try it out today!
13th August 2010
Old 13th August 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by edva View Post
Well, they've got a picture of John McBride saying "this is IT!". That says a hell of a lot.
That says nothing at all. If you understand the nature of endorsements, or even just friends helping friends, you'll know how it means absolutely nothing except for when it works on naive people.

Not saying the mics aren't good. Just that endorsements mean absolutely nothing whatsoever.
13th August 2010
Old 13th August 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio Addict View Post
That says nothing at all. If you understand the nature of endorsements, or even just friends helping friends, you'll know how it means absolutely nothing except for when it works on naive people.

Not saying the mics aren't good. Just that endorsements mean absolutely nothing whatsoever.
Good point. I should say "if a man's word means anything, ........."
Because if McBride, who owns every mic ever made, almost, were to be telling the truth, then it would be saying something. Not to be naive.......
13th August 2010
Old 13th August 2010
Banned

I would highly doubt that McBride has spent much time with the mics - but I could be wrong. I believe Tracy Korby's brother is involved in some capacity, so since their workshop was right above Blackbird, I'm sure there's a relationship.

I just did an acoustic vocal with the C7 through a Digi003 and the mic was just phenomenal. I've yet to try the 48/60 bias(?) switch on the inside of the mic. I noticed when I opened the mic that the switch was in the down position (it's not labeled) so I would assume since that's the way it came, that's the 48 volt position. Maybe I'll do some quick comparisons and post it here.
13th August 2010
Old 13th August 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspettersen View Post
From norway here aswell.
I got my cv4 yesterday and im gonna try it out today!
How are you doing with that CV4?
13th August 2010
Old 13th August 2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkenn View Post
I just did an acoustic vocal with the C7 through a Digi003 and the mic was just phenomenal. I've yet to try the 48/60 bias(?) switch on the inside of the mic. I noticed when I opened the mic that the switch was in the down position (it's not labeled) so I would assume since that's the way it came, that's the 48 volt position. Maybe I'll do some quick comparisons and post it here.
Just talked to Miktek and they said that when the switch is down, it's 48 - up is 60. I spoke to Michael Ketchell and he said the CV4 and the C7 were similarly voiced, with the CV4 being creamier - maybe a bigger bottom. I'm really blown away with this product...Surely there's a free CV4 hanging around out there for all this love I'm sending!
13th August 2010
Old 13th August 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I would highly doubt that McBride has spent much time with the mics - but I could be wrong. I believe Tracy Korby's brother is involved in some capacity, so since their workshop was right above Blackbird, I'm sure there's a relationship.

I gotta hear those examples!!! Please post.....
13th August 2010
Old 13th August 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
I gotta hear those examples!!! Please post.....
13th August 2010
Old 13th August 2010
Lives for gear

These mics do look really appealing... Especially the CV4.... It doesn't have the same power supply that everyone (and I mean everyone) uses from China. Or that same mic body that everyone (and I mean almost everyone) uses either....

Seems interesting, but considering the hype with all the similarly priced mics..... I'm not making any presumptions...

However, I also feel that this company would not even go into business unless they felt they could offer something better than all these other similarly priced mics that came out in the last 5 years.

Just look back at all the old Peluso and Mojave threads, and see the exact same things said about them......
15th August 2010
Old 15th August 2010
Gear Head

I love it! tried out the cv4 on somethings this weekend..
it gave a very real picture of the things i recorded. (drums, vocal and tambourine).
15th August 2010
Old 15th August 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I demo'd a C7 and literally immediately pulled out my checkbook. Should get mine in my hot little hands tomorrow...The CV4's are weeks away from even demoing and even though some might consider them "better" for vocals, I couldn't stop myself. This is the best sounding mic I've demo'd since the Tele 251V AC. Not saying it sounds like that, but it did remind me of - dare I say - a 67. Sounds like a 67 with a the top end roll taken off. It might be the best acoustic mic I've ever tried. Now who knows - when the CV4 is available to demo, you might see this one in the classifieds - but that would only be saying that the CV4 is effing incredible, because I fell in love with the C7. These are absolutely no joke. No way they stay at the prices they're at now. I'll post some dry examples asap...
Hey John,
Did you audition the CV4 yet?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search