Gear/studio damaged by Katrina
New Reply
Subscribe
no ssl yet
16th October 2005
Old 16th October 2005
no ssl yet

Gear/studio damaged by Katrina

Man I just got word from my brother who made it home that there was no flooding in my neighborhood, but due to hurricane damage there are holes in my roof. The roof damage is ONLY in my side of the house where my bedroom and recording space take up 1/2 the house. I havent been home to see it yet (headed there next week), but most of my outboard gear was moved into my bedroom while I painted my studio and built bass traps. I think my outboard/midi modules and my 703 and GOM has seen some water. From my brother's description, we may have to gut the entire house which encompasses 2 stories along with both a basement and an attic due to water/mold damage.

I will post pictures as soon as I get home
17th October 2005
Old 17th October 2005
Lives for gear

My thoughts are with you.

Returning home to discover these damages is really heartbreaking.

Let's hope everything works the way it had prior to the flood.

What sucked for me was the fact that the gear sat in a sauna-like environment for a month. As a result, I've been cleaning gear for over two weeks now. Get plenty of CLR, some old rags and a tooth brush.

Good luck.
Myspace
Facebook
Studio
Twitter
17th October 2005
Old 17th October 2005
Lives for gear

Send a message via Yahoo to djui5
I wish you my best nossl
17th October 2005
Old 17th October 2005
Gear addict

From the bottom of my heart i wish both of you picksail and nossl yet the very best of luck in getting your studios and careers up and running again. You deserve it!

When katharina struck , I was on my way to ask you NO guys about advice to find a studio in the NO area for tracking a band, planning to go there to do some meters style recordings. Turns out they are still wanting to go there. Probably march 2006. Can you recommend a good space for live drums, bass, guitar, hammond....?

If any of you want the gig but don't have space anymore (pick?) I'm sure you could come along to the gig as the bands "personal engineer". It'l pay a couple of weeks of bills atleast.... for a couple of days work. They'll pay what it takes.

Can't promise anything, but they trusted me to ask.....

They want it really old school..
17th October 2005
Old 17th October 2005
Lives for gear

hello no ssl yet,

great to see you back here,

sorry about your space

best of luck with everything

be well

jack
17th October 2005
Old 17th October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by borau
From the bottom of my heart i wish both of you picksail and nossl yet the very best of luck in getting your studios and careers up and running again. You deserve it!

When katharina struck , I was on my way to ask you NO guys about advice to find a studio in the NO area for tracking a band, planning to go there to do some meters style recordings. Turns out they are still wanting to go there. Probably march 2006. Can you recommend a good space for live drums, bass, guitar, hammond....?

If any of you want the gig but don't have space anymore (pick?) I'm sure you could come along to the gig as the bands "personal engineer". It'l pay a couple of weeks of bills atleast.... for a couple of days work. They'll pay what it takes.

Can't promise anything, but they trusted me to ask.....

They want it really old school..
Hey, I'm game. Give me a ring some time and perhaps we can discuss it.

Thanks,
Stewart
17th October 2005
Old 17th October 2005
Lives for gear

Best of luck no ssl

ruudman
17th October 2005
Old 17th October 2005
Lives for gear

Let me know if you need any help. I am also, pretty proficient at cleaning the affected gear.
23rd October 2005
Old 23rd October 2005
Gearslutz.com admin

Music Cares (charitable arm of the Grammy awards)

Hurricane Relief Assistance may include funds for basic living expenses such as shelter, food, utilities, cell phones and transportation; medical expenses including doctor, dentist hospital bills, and medication; clothing and toiletries; musical instrument and recording equipment replacement; relocation costs; school supplies for students; insurance payments and more. Applicants may also be referred to other resources as needed.

Eligibility: Five years professional experience in the music industry. Loss of livelihood or housing due to effects of Hurricane Katrina.

Hurricane Relief Assistance
Toll free number: 877.626.2748
1904 Wedgewood Ave.
Nashville, TN 37212
Tel: 615.327.0050 / Fax: 615.327.0876
23rd October 2005
Old 23rd October 2005
Gear Guru

Hey, I wish you all the best. I hope everyone's ok in your neck of the woods - aside of all the terrible damage. That's horrible news about the house - I hope your gear is ok, though, and you get through everything in decent spirits, and don't let the circumstances get you too down. Best of luck to you and yours.

Studio Cat i7 + RME UFX + Linkwitz Orions + Tyler Acoustics Linbrooks + Buzz Audio ARC + GT-67 + Sonar + Komplete + Omnisphere-Trilian-Stylus + Symphobia + Mo-Tone Custom Tele
24th October 2005
Old 24th October 2005
Lives for gear

This really kills me. I love New Orleans. Hell I was trying to con Picksail into hiring my and my 2" machine to go in that beautiful room.

Good Luck Nossl and the rest of the N.O music comunity!
Follow me on TWITTER!

WWJMD?

Come see me on the Tape Op boards!

It's only inches on the reel to reel
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search