Old 12th October 2005
Gear nut

Sanken???

Hey,

Anyone here have comments about Sanken mics? Especially the CU-44X and CU-41? Sound-wise? Best implementations? Any good for voice (singer or VO)? Reliability? Company reputation?

Thanks,
ndogg
Old 12th October 2005
urumita

they might be pin3 hot if they're on the early model side. You can change this easily. Classics. anything, that you want that sound for.
Old 12th October 2005
Gear Guru

The cu-41 is one of the mics I picked out 3 times for both male and female vocals on the Lynn Fuston 3d audio mic comparison cd. I really liked it on vocals a lot. Met the guys at AES, and they seemed really cool (Martin Ucik at 24 Plus - distributor) - they said serious buyers might consider trying them out. Fairly expensive mics, but detailed, present, warm, good treatement of proximity and sibilance - this is my impression from the CD - I still haven't tested one, personally. But other mics that I bought that I liked on the CD have come through with flying colors. Definitely worth at LEAST trying out. IMHO. Let us know what you think.
Old 12th October 2005
Gear nut

thanks,

I may have an opportunity to acquire one... I have no idea what they would be worth, though.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search