studios in london
New Reply
Subscribe
28th February 2012
Old 28th February 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
I respectfully disagree, although I am biased. I've never had a problem getting a great drum sound out of the garden room, though it isn't the most versatile sound in the world - sounds like a bright, exciting space, and I don't think it sounds particularly low ceilings either.

Couple that with the vintage Neve, multitude of other preamps and compression....it's one of my favourite places to record drums.

Taste is personal but "average" is not a word I'd use.

Rak I'm sure is great, although I'm not sure of the pricing - historically it was expensive, though the rate I got quoted for their small mixing room wasn't too bad.
RAK is awesome, st1 for drums through that api, its just so easy,my favourite sounding room in the country.
St2 is also pretty fantastic too tho not as big or live as st1 and goes for around £500/day book rate I believe, which is quite reasonable.

Altho I may be slightly biased seeing as I'm one of the engineers there.
28th February 2012
Old 28th February 2012

Send a message via Skype™ to toolskid
Livingston 1 - for bright, spacious and controllable

The Pool - for huge and exciting

Fishmarket if you have an introduction there - very very cool space

Assault and Battery is also really nice

Toerag is a really cool room as well

the wise man can pick up a grain of sand and envision the whole universe. The fool, however,
will just lie down on some seaweed and roll around until he's completely draped in it. Then he'll
stand up and go "Hey, I'm vine man"
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
I respectfully disagree, although I am biased. I've never had a problem getting a great drum sound out of the garden room, though it isn't the most versatile sound in the world - sounds like a bright, exciting space, and I don't think it sounds particularly low ceilings either.

Couple that with the vintage Neve, multitude of other preamps and compression....it's one of my favourite places to record drums.

Taste is personal but "average" is not a word I'd use.

Rak I'm sure is great, although I'm not sure of the pricing - historically it was expensive, though the rate I got quoted for their small mixing room wasn't too bad.
Respectfully, compared to the great acoustic spaces available for hire in London the lowly Garden is just average.

(and overpriced)
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear nut

I did a few sessions doing drums in State of the Ark studios ...The gear is amazing the room is fairly big but still fairly tight sound check the gear list out.
State Of The Ark Studios a bit of a hidden gem I think
2nd March 2012
Old 2nd March 2012

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacealmondo View Post
Respectfully, compared to the great acoustic spaces available for hire in London the lowly Garden is just average.

(and overpriced)
There are better acoustic spaces I'm sure. A studio is more than just an acoustic space though, right?

Somewhere like the garden just works, with well maintained gear, great mics (2 x c12s, u47 amongst others), solid computer rig and so on.

But like I said...it's what factor matter to you. No room is perfect.

If I've ever helped you with a technical problem or provided you with advice you found useful, you can more than repay me by checking out, and maybe buying a couple of songs, by a singer I'm working closely with. It would be much appreciated!

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/preorder/...an/id513648911

http://www.amazon.com/Jack-Robert-Ha...robert+hardman

</Shameless Plug>
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search