second
-------
a
-
4 independent stereo out
2 for monitors ,
with volume ,vu-meters, mute , pad and mono switch
2 for headphones
with volume and headphone amp out maybe two stereo out on trs (not on the pictures)

b
-
7.1 box (not on pictures)
same but just one volume ,mute,pad,mono switch
8 out on d-sub

maybe difficult to connect two cable on an express card
so the out box can be plugged on the 24i/o box ,an then to the express card

I'm sure ,this product is expected

RME guy normaly this product is from you

I really like your driver,totalmix and digichek

so, I would be very happy if rme does it

sorry for my crappy English
Attached Thumbnails
why this product does not exist?-carte-son1.jpg   why this product does not exist?-carte-son2.jpg   why this product does not exist?-carte-son3.jpg   why this product does not exist?-carte-son4.jpg   why this product does not exist?-4stbox1.jpg  

why this product does not exist?-4stbox2.jpg   why this product does not exist?-4stbox3.jpg   why this product does not exist?-4stbox4.jpg  
8th July 2009
Old 8th July 2009
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

drivers is much more important.

anyway... tc konnect 48 and motu 24i are similar.
i dont like D-Sub connectors, i like much more the true XLR 1/4" TRS I/Os.
anyway...
also buy a cardbus-to-pci adapter from any brand like: startech or magma etc...
search gearslutz for more info.

if you buy the motu also buy the pci424.
8th July 2009
Old 8th July 2009
Lives for gear

Where are the VU meters you were talking about and why would you want a VU meter on a converter? They are too slow to catch clipping.
9th July 2009
Old 9th July 2009
Jai guru deva om

The SSL Alpha Link MADI system has a simple LED meter on the face, has 24 i/o at 96k simultaneously with another 24 i/o ADAT or AES, is all DSUB, has the clocking choices you want and sounds fantastic. However, the monitoring feature you're asking about would be something you'd have to pick up additionally. SPL, Cranesong, Coleman...there are choices. This rig could easily be put together unless I'm reading something wrong here...

War

9th July 2009
Old 9th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
The SSL Alpha Link MADI system has a simple LED meter on the face, has 24 i/o at 96k simultaneously with another 24 i/o ADAT or AES, is all DSUB, has the clocking choices you want and sounds fantastic. However, the monitoring feature you're asking about would be something you'd have to pick up additionally. SPL, Cranesong, Coleman...there are choices. This rig could easily be put together unless I'm reading something wrong here...

War
Also sounds pretty damn good.
9th July 2009
Old 9th July 2009
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Also sounds pretty damn good.
Yeah, I just switched over to the MADI system from Mixpander5, a lateral move on conversion but for me it was as much about just staying up to date with MADI.

The sound is great, it is incredible to think you can have a 24i/o analog and 24i/o digital complete system with a great DAW computer for $5k like...no problem...with the name SSL on it no less!

War
saturbation zone
10th July 2009
Old 10th July 2009
Gear Head

The SSL Alpha Link MADI system seems perfect
but I want to be able to record from a laptop
so I found this
RME: HDSPe MADIface

although the MadiXtreme possibilities are really more exiting

I do not find pci-e to express-card converter ...does it exist ?

thanks
saturbation zone
10th July 2009
Old 10th July 2009
Gear Head

19th July 2009
Old 19th July 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Yeah, I just switched over to the MADI system from Mixpander5, a lateral move on conversion but for me it was as much about just staying up to date with MADI.

The sound is great, it is incredible to think you can have a 24i/o analog and 24i/o digital complete system with a great DAW computer for $5k like...no problem...with the name SSL on it no less!

War
How is it compared to the DigiDesign 192 I/O ???
19th July 2009
Old 19th July 2009
Gear maniac

I prefer these Euphonix converters. They sound breathtaking. I can't even begin to describe how much better they sound to me than apogee, benchmark, or lavry (maybe not the gold... never heard it.) The first time I heard them, I knew that they were something special.

26 analog plus 2 digital in on one unit, 26 analog plus 2 digital out on the other. A meter for every channel, sync and sample rate select. That's it. You really can't get much simpler.
Attached Thumbnails
why this product does not exist?-am_ma_front_440.jpg   why this product does not exist?-am_ma_rear_440.jpg  
19th July 2009
Old 19th July 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdaugherty View Post
I prefer these Euphonix converters. They sound breathtaking. I can't even begin to describe how much better they sound to me than apogee, benchmark, or lavry (maybe not the gold... never heard it.) The first time I heard them, I knew that they were something special.

26 analog plus 2 digital in on one unit, 26 analog plus 2 digital out on the other. A meter for every channel, sync and sample rate select. That's it. You really can't get much simpler.
For me I don't want anything from Euphonix! I don't want use the local distributor as he has a very bad reputation. Nobody around here want to do business with him! Asked the area sales manager from the USA for Euphonix or I can buy it eventually direct from the USA, will ship it by myself over... he response was that I can then fvck off my warranty if I decide to go on that way. That is I think ******** service for a $150K machine...

Another reason I don't like to buy it (the console 5MC) is the operation system, buggy Windows XP. Can you imagine during a important session to have a blue screen. They told me that the Euphonix engineers have solve all problems within XP, yeh right, what the best engineers in the world of Micro$oft can't do... these guys can do... hahaha

Other reason is that any console that runs on a O/S, will be very quick outdated and worthless. Who want over 10 years still work on a console that is XP driven? An nice API, SoundCarft, ICON or SSL keep their values and still do their jobs after 10-20 years...

I got the chance to test out a Euphonix console with their converters and to be honest, I prefer the 192 I/O of DigiDesign or Apogee's. But sound is also a personal taste where you can't discuss about it...
but I am more into the stuff of SSL and DigiDesign...
19th July 2009
Old 19th July 2009
Gear maniac

Sorry to hear your bad experiences with Euphonix. They have always been stellar for me and I bought my products used! They still support it like it was new. (without a warranty of course.) I can call and talk to any of the folks listed on the pro support page any time and they are very, very helpful. I am in the US though...

The converters have no operating system and operate completely stand alone. All you need is a madi connection and word clock. Just like any other converter.
26th July 2009
Old 26th July 2009
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to mics
hi guys, i think if you are looking at sonics, the fairlight sx-48 is all but impossible to beat. you can choose your config, 48 can be either Analog in, Analog out or AES. Looks cool too.

If dollars aren't the main concern then I doubt you will hear a better MADI io on the market.

All of the line input's, outputs, buffering and anti alias filtering are Burr Brown and the converters are AKM's, the best of the best....

cheers

BeesNeez Microphones

www.beesneezmicrophones.com.au

ben@beesneezmicrophones.com.au

All Australian Made Microphones like you've NEVER heard before!!!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search