Login / Register

9x33' room high ceilings 1 long brick wall one short glass...
New Reply
Subscribe
caseybasichis
22nd July 2005
Old 22nd July 2005
Gear interested

9x33' room high ceilings 1 long brick wall one short glass...

Hi,
Just got a new apartment. I know this is not the ideal mixing environment but i decided that tracking would be more inportant and I love the place. Its 9' X 33' X 14' high. One long wall is brick the other is dry wall one short wall is glass the other is drywall, there is a drywall loft/kitchenette on the non glass side. Where do I put my monitors? against the long wall or short? I kinda want to keep the window area open (4th floor view of downtown market street in san francisco). Any recomendations? There is A LOT of velvet curtains at the thrift store around here and I was thinking about getting some partially just for aesthetics but for sound as well (I know they don't cut the low end reflections). BTW i am monitoring with ns-10's and event 20/20's.

Thanks,
Casey Basichis
22nd July 2005
Old 22nd July 2005
Lives for gear

Have the speakers face the long way. I've done both in narrow rooms and like the long way better. It's also easier to get around in the room. 9 feet isn't very deep and you're asking for trouble with reflections and ergonomics of the space.
Follow me on TWITTER!

WWJMD?

Come see me on the Tape Op boards!

It's only inches on the reel to reel
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search