Compex2-ADR F760X-RS What is the difference?
Norm
25th November 2004
Old 25th November 2004
Gear Head

Compex2-ADR F760X-RS What is the difference?

Hi people, I have just received a pair of ADR Compex2 mono compressors with stereo link. I have also been offered an ADR F706X-RS. Apart from the mono/stereo thing what is the difference in performance and function? Regards Norm
Norm
27th November 2004
Old 27th November 2004
Gear Head

Hi Guys, I am still looking for someone who knows the answer?
25th July 2009
Old 25th July 2009
Gear addict

Compex-2 vs F760X-RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
Hi Guys, I am still looking for someone who knows the answer?
Dear Norman,
My company is appointed to represent the servicing of all of the original classic Audio as manufactured by ADR in the 60's 70's & 80's.
We are about to re-issue the classic Helios-F760 and Tim Mead of Q2 Audio will be launching the ADR Versions.

I think when you talk of the ADR F706X-RS do you mean the F760X-RS ?

So assuming you mean the latter I have shown details following your Post, hoping these pics answer your question

I myself preferred the F760 because it is totally discrete, and has a Fatter sound BUT I do like the Compex-2, but found the Express Limiter, a better partner especially when used across the final mix, I also found the Transdynamic a very useful tool for splitting up instruments for compressing with either the Express or the F760.

In the picture the middle unit, BS-F769X-R, was always known as a Vocal Stressor, but later when the ADR Design Team brought out the same unit, but with the additional facilities of balanced outputs, Transient limiter (Clipper), and conditioning filters to tailor the bandwidth as required.

By the way ADR are still making gear, and I do recomend their DMA-2, it has recieved some nice reviews
DMA-2

for one review
Audio & Design DMA2

and
Q. What's the best way to get audio into my portable recorder?

Here are some more interesting ADR Threads, it’s a pity we can’t join them all together to make a nice ADR Thread as I feel its what the design team at ADR deserve.

1 = http://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/3276-audio-design-760-x-rs-stereo-comp-2.html#post4380049

2 = http://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/37399-what-can-you-tell-me-about-adr-gear.html#post4374309

3 = http://www.gearslutz.com/board/geekslutz-forum/22158-adr-compex-problem.html

4 = http://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/78901-adr-compex.html

5 = http://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/27368-adr-compex-f760x-rs.html

6 = http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/595-adr-stereo-compex-thoughts.html

Best Regards,

Tony.
Tony Arnold (Director)
Home

25th July 2009
Old 25th July 2009
Lives for gear

Thanks for the info Arny! Wanna sell me an express limiter? I've been unable to find one without broken buttons, and I don't have a tech who will replace them without charging me more than the unit's worth.

Can't wait to hear the new issue!
25th July 2009
Old 25th July 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcocet View Post
Thanks for the info Arny! Wanna sell me an express limiter? I've been unable to find one without broken buttons, and I don't have a tech who will replace them without charging me more than the unit's worth.

Can't wait to hear the new issue!
Dear Marc,
Sorry but I love mine, but I might have a spare one thats in bits, passed to me for parts, I think the buttons are fine.

Leave this with me for a couple of weeks, and I'll see what I can dig up for you without having to have a deep deep pocket.

I use mine with two Transdynamics.

Thanks for the Thanks

Best Regards,

Tony.
Tony Arnold (Director)
Home
26th July 2009
Old 26th July 2009
Lives for gear

That would be amazing. Let me know!
26th July 2009
Old 26th July 2009
Lives for gear

hi Arny ...can you post picture of transdynamic.. i would like to see how that looks

also cant wait to try new reissue...

just right time for one of best compressors i ever tried!!
its about time for that re issue!!!
27th July 2009
Old 27th July 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roginator View Post
hi Arny ...can you post picture of transdynamic.. i would like to see how that looks

also cant wait to try new reissue...

just right time for one of best compressors i ever tried!!
its about time for that re issue!!!
Dear Damir,
If I do something I like to take it all the way, no 1/2 measures, so here is the Picture complete with brochure.

Hope you and other members enjoy reading this wonderful stuff.

The re-issue is on its way, choosing the right meter at the moment as well as getting it to fit into the Standard size Helios Front Panel has proved diffulcult but weve cleared that and can now prepare for production.

Best Regards,

Tony.
Tony Arnold (Director)
Home

27th July 2009
Old 27th July 2009
Lives for gear

wow this box is cool
learning ..... about it

I like it very much!
28th July 2009
Old 28th July 2009
I want one of these Transdynamics!
28th March 2010
Old 28th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip S Bova View Post
I want one of these Transdynamics!
get in line Philip
5th April 2010
Old 5th April 2010
Gear nut

unbelievable
5th April 2010
Old 5th April 2010
Lives for gear

my compex has lived on my mix buss for years. So many variations but always amazing.
Hope you guys are available next time it needs servicing. congrats on the reissue.
david
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search