28 Votes - 50.00%
Digitally based Control Surface
28 Votes - 50.00%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

27th July 2004
Old 27th July 2004
Gear addict

Faders!!!
and a dedicated hardware controller. No mouse - no arcane multi-key "short-cuts".

My partner and I both agree that if the time comes that such things no longer exist, we'll probably give the game away. Keyboard short-cuts and mice make us feel like word-processor drivers, so for us Protools and the like is never going to enter our professional lives...unless the platform is jaw-droppingly amazing. Hasn't happened yet...

Having said that, I have PT LE on my lappie, and it is a total nosebleed to use...so I have a fair idea of "the other side". Given my background (AMS-Neve/Fairlight) I'm going to be fairly hard to please...

Each to his own.

Cheers,
Tim
27th July 2004
Old 27th July 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DAW Controller <VS> Mouse

Quote:
Originally posted by NathanEldred
I mix 99% of what I track, and around 20% of my work involves tracks recorded other places. If it's something that doesn't fit the way I work, I recommend another engineer or studio who I know will be into it.
Its actually the opposite for me 99% other people's work and since i really don't like tracking its rare i get to do something i've personally recorded(unless its one of my productions).

Same here on your last point.

Spread the work around and it always comes back tenfold.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search