Millennia TD-1 gainjump problem
rainerjancis
8th March 2008
Old 8th March 2008
Gear interested

Millennia TD-1 gainjump problem

Just got millennia TD-1 out of box.The gain pot works smooth (when used with mic) until nearly very end and then volume jumps very suddenly up on last remaining 5 % .Is this supposed to be like this?There is also on the numeration of the gainpot ( http://www.atlasproaudio.com/td1.jpg ) ,where +35 and +65 are coming next to each other.If its ment to be like this ? I did not find any info about that issue in other forums.
20th December 2008
Old 20th December 2008
Gear interested

Not sure if this answers your question, but I find the gain pot jumps on the TD-1 are fairly significant with eack click. The unit has a huge amount of headroom and gain, enough for the quietest of ribbon mic signals.

The manual specs are at +36dBu output balanced, +26dBu unbalanced, more than adequate for nearly anything else that might typically be in the recording chain. It will distort if pushed into overload, which is at a very hot level.

Keep in mind that every +3dB increase in gain is a doubling of the power ratio. It may just be behaving accurately.

Regards,
Eric
4th February 2009
Old 4th February 2009
Gear Head

Hi! You posted this eons ago, but I have the same issue with mine. It seems to be normal operation. Use extreme care when approaching 3/4 gain; ribbon mic territory. Cheers.
14th December 2013
Old 14th December 2013
Gear addict

hi ,,, I just tested out mine ....I bought it used .
seems very impressive.
I surfed around and found this post because I though mine was possibly defective .
So ?
Is this standard operation ?... It really jumps in volume at the end of the sweep.
Compounded by the fact that the volume knob came off ... I remain unsure of what normal operation is .
I`ve also heard that the only way to reset the volume knob is to remove the faceplate in order to tighten the allen screws in position .
Any tips ?
thanks
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search