New Reply
Subscribe
Red 7
30th October 2007
Old 30th October 2007
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to Red 7 Send a message via Skype™ to Red 7
Martin D-41 SP

I have a chance to buy Martin D-41 SP acoustic guitar for really good price and I was wondering if someone here knows this guitar and can tell me if it's usable in studio for recording backlight acoustic guitars in some pop and rock songs. Maybe share some soundclips. And what is the difference between martin guitars and C.F. Martin.

Thanks!
30th October 2007
Old 30th October 2007
Gear nut

I know the guitar, have played a few of that model. Definitely usable for recording. Might have to eq out a little low mid depending on mic choice and distance. C.F. Martin and Martin are one and the same. Makers of fine musical instruments. If you can get a good deal on it I would say buy it.
If it feels, sounds and plays good to you then it is worth having regardless.
Good Luck, PH
Red 7
30th October 2007
Old 30th October 2007
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to Red 7 Send a message via Skype™ to Red 7
Thank you, Paul! I will have a chance to test it on thursday and yes it's really nice price what that gay is offering that guitar for. I have Furch ovation type guitar and it's too bassy for me. A lot of EQ-ing. I'm using ADK A-51 CE through Pendulum MDP 1 for tracking acoustic guitar. But I would like to have a pair of Neumann KM 184. Later. I hope. :-) Can you share some sound clips of D-41SP? Some dry short clip. Just mic and preamp. That would be great.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search