better than samson rubicon R8a but about the same price
New Reply
Subscribe
danielbest
17th October 2007
Old 17th October 2007
Gear nut

better than samson rubicon R8a but about the same price

well, i want to buy a pair of monitors and i need some advice... i have read some review about the rubicon and they say that the ribbon tweeter shows the transient details very well... wich monitors are better?? (my budget is about $500)... thanks a lot....
17th October 2007
Old 17th October 2007
Gear maniac

Send a message via MSN to PistolP
for $ 500 you have not so many options. but start with your room treatment. every monitor sounds good or at least appropriate in treated rooms.

mark my words, coz I have had my $ 35 000 monitors in a bad room. they did not sound great
17th October 2007
Old 17th October 2007
Lives for gear

The Rubicons are not good monitors. Even the dome tweater Samsons are truer... but honestly dont get the Rubicon- I had a guy demo me many things by Samson and I took some mics and an extended demo of the active Resolv but the Rubicon were weak across the board to my ears.
I use the mics still but went back to ns-10s and AR-18 for now.
17th October 2007
Old 17th October 2007
Gear addict

500€ isn't ver much buget for good studio monitors. But I think in this Price range the Rubicons are some of the best, maybe look for Mackie HR824 (never heard them but they should be some real good monitors for the price and you get them pritty cheap right now. )
Or buy a bit later and get some Dynaudios BM6a, Adam P11, Event Asp's until you have the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilE View Post
The Rubicons are not good monitors. Even the dome tweater Samsons are truer... but honestly dont get the Rubicon- I had a guy demo me many things by Samson and I took some mics and an extended demo of the active Resolv but the Rubicon were weak across the board to my ears.
I use the mics still but went back to ns-10s and AR-18 for now.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search