Login / Register

KSP-8 Converters, is it time to move up? Could use some help.
New Reply
Subscribe
leon
15th April 2004
Old 15th April 2004
Gear Head

Converters in the KSP-8, is it time to move up? Could use some help.

Been working the KSP-8 for months now using the FX and converters in place of my 002. Nice converters but I'm thinking of going with the Mytek AD 8 pack and using the KSP-8 for FX only (I'm using the DAC-1 for monitoring).

Would anyone know if this will be a hugh difference in converters? It's either going with the Mytek or staying with the Kurz converters and putting the money into some other high end stuff.

I have about 2500 to blow. I don't need more than 4 converters and I only work at 44.1.

I've toyed with the idea of the Rosetta 800 and selling the DAC-1 too.

Ideas?
15th April 2004
Old 15th April 2004
Lives for gear

how do you have those 3 pieces connected?
15th April 2004
Old 15th April 2004
Lives for gear

I had a rumor and a Mytek, and comparing the two for conversion-

the rumor sounded silkier on the highs

the mytek sounded more transparent.

Unless you're super picky, I'd say the Mytek is only a step to the side, not necessarily up.

If you want super-accurate, get a Mytek, but both are fantastic.

Stay with what ya got.

leon
15th April 2004
Old 15th April 2004
Gear Head

A step to the side is not a problem. I'm not super picky and do like silky so you could be right. This was too easy!
Anyone care to debate my decision to stay put? Should I be thinking of a better clock for this setup?

As far as connectivity: Outboard Preamp Outputs to Line inputs of of KSP8 for conversion. KSP8 litepipe I/O expansion board to 002 litepipe, 002 spdif to the DAC-1 for Monitoring or can do KSP8 AES to the DAC-1, not sure if this could be better. I also have the 002 alt mains out going to a secondary monitoring system for a/b'in.
15th April 2004
Old 15th April 2004
Gear addict

Yo Leon--

clock all of that shizzat with a Big Ben and watch it tighten up and pucker YO! Cris style...

Buddhaman
15th April 2004
Old 15th April 2004
Gear Head

I've considered the BB in the past and it's starting to sound like a good idea again.

Considering my hookup above can you or other sluts elaborate on integrating the Big Ben into my existing system?

The ADAT I/O card has WC input which is a snap. I'm unsure how to setup the 002 and DAC-1. I would think the DAC1 wouldn't need to sync to anything being it's on for monitoring. Thoughts!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search