Login / Register

Any impressions on the PMC IB1s vs. the IB2s?
New Reply
Subscribe
DRC
13th March 2007
Old 13th March 2007
Lives for gear

Any impressions on the PMC IB1s vs. the IB2s?

Im just about ready to pull the trigger on a pair of IB1s monitors that I had the chance to demo for a few hours. I still havent heard the ADAMs and ATC's are way out of my budget. Actually, the IB1s is way out my budget but I have yet to hear anything so accurate which leads me to this post. Has anyone heard both? And if you have, would you say the upgraded mid-driver is worth the extra $3k a pair?

Thanks

13th March 2007
Old 13th March 2007
Mastering Moderator

Difficult question to answer.
The IB1 will make you happy. In your shoes I'd see which is the best deal and go for it.
There is a difference between the 2. If it is worth the difference they are asking you for is entirely subjective of course. To clarify: if you'd bump on a good deal (hence the difference is less than 3k than yes). On the other hand if you get good price on the IB1s that are already a very good speaker......go for it

Hope it helps.......

"Can you imagine how great the Beatles or Pink Floyd could have sounded if they had used better cables?

I expect a Nobel prize to someday be awarded to an audiophile cable designer, as they clearly are way ahead of the rest of us.
" - DC -
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search