Old 16th July 2013
Gear maniac

Radiohead and Nigel Godrich pull out of Spotify

16th July 2013
Old 16th July 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludwigvanlee View Post
These are stand up guys, and I think they do have the best intentions. Thats really messed up if thats the way spotify works, might quit the service as to not support the bs. I stumbled on this thread in a search because I noticed, while being touted as the indie up and coming music service, they always seem to hook you up with established and signed artists, and seem to peddle them just as much as anywhere. Example: If you like James Brown, you'll like the new cure album blahblahblah. Things like that are just too obvious.
16th July 2013
Old 16th July 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

16th July 2013
Old 16th July 2013
Gear maniac

Another thing that I thought was odd was, even doing the simple math, for my premium membership of 10ish a month, listening to unlimited music(great for me, yes) somehow the numbers just never added up in my feeble mind, always seemed like someones getting the shaft.
ludwigvanlee
17th July 2013
Old 17th July 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgod View Post
Another thing that I thought was odd was, even doing the simple math, for my premium membership of 10ish a month, listening to unlimited music(great for me, yes) somehow the numbers just never added up in my feeble mind, always seemed like someones getting the shaft.
if something is too good to be true.. then it usually is.. though not necessarily for you..

someone is always paying the price for low price goods. in this case, it's artists.. I really wish some of the more powerful artists would band together and MAKE a system rather than just rebelling against the current one. They have the power and clout! Why not?
17th July 2013
Old 17th July 2013
Lives for gear

17th July 2013
Old 17th July 2013

Radiohead are on EMI (up to amnesiac maybe?) so Thomas Yorke can't make that decision there. I guess they might have more control over later albums.
19th July 2013
Old 19th July 2013
Village Idiot

I am such a Radiohead fanboy, and I love every album up till their two latest.

I admire that such a big player is taking a stance on the affairs of the music business, but seems to me they are suffering in other areas from it...maybe just a coincidence.

Gustav
23rd July 2013
Old 23rd July 2013
Gear interested

It sure is great to see someone standing up for the little guys, but myself. i'm really 50/50 on spotify, sure you get paid shit all but doesn't it also provide another stream for outreach at the same time?
31st July 2013
Old 31st July 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_tone View Post
It sure is great to see someone standing up for the little guys, but myself. i'm really 50/50 on spotify, sure you get paid shit all but doesn't it also provide another stream for outreach at the same time?
My thoughts exactly. Spotify has really increased my listener base. I don't have the luxury of hit albums and fame to pull out of anything that gives me a chance of more listeners. Yes, I'd like to be paid more for listens but I'm not complaining too much.
ludwigvanlee
31st July 2013
Old 31st July 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinduncledallas View Post
My thoughts exactly. Spotify has really increased my listener base. I don't have the luxury of hit albums and fame to pull out of anything that gives me a chance of more listeners. Yes, I'd like to be paid more for listens but I'm not complaining too much.
has your revenue stream increased at all? have you guys gotten any new opportunities because of Spotify?

serious question.. not being sarcastic :D
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search