Bad news=good news(getting back into recording)
adathead 53
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Lives for gear

Bad news=good news(getting back into recording)

Well, might as well get the bad news out of the way first. Back in December I was diagnosed with stage 4 (treatable, not curable) lung cancer. Being a smoker for over 40 years has finally taken it's toll. I am on chemo and it seems to be working (I'll know for sure in a few weeks), so I hopefully have at least a few years left, maybe more. I had gotten completely out of recording a few years back. Just gave up after 5 years of trying and recorded my album elsewhere. I sold off the majority of my gear, but fortunately I never sold my AT4047 mic, my Event ASP6 monitors, my ATH-M50 headphones, headphone amp and a few other pieces. Now for the good news-I have decided to jump back in, this time going the DAW route. Recently while my best computer was out being serviced, we went back to an older one and it works fine for our purposes. The wife agreed to me keeping the newer Gateway to record with. I have bought an interface, a 23" monitor and wireless keyboard and mouse, and ordered a few mics from ZenPro. I am on payed medical leave until probably June so we have enough income and insurance and I have nothing but time now. I have downloaded Presonus Studio One Free and will try to learn it first, but eventually plan to go to Reaper. For now, I will just do my own tracking and rough mixes. I have a great mixing and mastering guy who's going to do all that initially. I plan to produce at least one more full length album and have been writing a lot of new songs which I think are some of my best ever. I am so anxious to get started next week, but I will have to learn to be more patient this time. There is, after all, some sense of urgency here and the DAW will require some time to learn. Still, I am so optimistic that I can do this. I know this won't last forever, but so far cancer has been a blessing so much more than a curse. Life is good. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Larry
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Lives for gear

All the best, have fun.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search